Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

In a decision yesterday that has implications for Jeffrey Clarke, a Trump election fraud believer, Fulton County [Georgia] Judge Scott McAfee, denied a motion from Trump's lawyers to disclose non-public evidence that House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack supposedly shared with Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.

"The Court finds it is unable to grant the Defendant's requested relief as the items requested do not exist, and that the state has adequately addressed the other concerns raised by defense counsel. The motion is therefore moot," McAfee wrote. McAfee's ruling is also a loss for former assistant attorney general Jeffrey Clark, who was the other party in the motion seeking the non-existent documents. 

Clark is involved in disbarment proceeding in Washington where he could lose his licence to practice law as a result of his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results. Trump has become involved in the disbarment hearings on the basis of alleged executive privilege in discussions he had with Clark while on the White House staff of Trump, with one of Trump's legal team sending a letter to Clark suggesting that is in Trumps mind.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

There is also the USSC deciding he has not the possibility that he could look for a job as a ratcatcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Think Haleys really on a hiding to nothing in this race. I still remember a piece from 2016 where they went out after Trump won to rustbelt/blue collar America and asked them why they voted Trump, and a large portion of the feedback was "I really didn't like Trump, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for a woman to be the president of the country

Trump has launched personal attacks on Vivek since he stood down as a candidate: He's not MAGA, he's not loyal, he used me and then ran for office himself. It's like Trump is so self-assured that he can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants; then again he has a reputation of riding rough-shod over people totally regardless of their character or reputation. If Vivek is his own man and not a Trump puppet, he can return the compliment by asking those who supported his short campaign and caucus bid to choose some-one else than Trump to support with votes etc, and maybe not vote at all if he doesn't want them to be of help to Trump.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Minor correction but it started before that.

Ramaswamy posted a photo to X, formerly known as Twitter, on Saturday posing with supporters donning “Save Trump, vote Vivek” T-shirts, which showed a picture of Trump’s mug shot from when he was processed in Georgia at the Fulton County jail in August. The post, which was shown to Trump, “infuriated” him, one adviser told CNN, noting the former president feels Ramaswamy has been working to undercut his candidacy while falsely painting himself as a Trump supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,956 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump has really gone all apeshit on E. Jean Carroll on truth social in past hour. Using her own words against her. He's playing the game of ,'' if I can't use my words to tear her down, I'll use hers''

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Can you quote something. I’m not joining his social network to find out

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You don't need to subscribe

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So he's not denying it, just attempting the "she was asking for it" defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

... And the photos of them together it's actually two of his many wives having a chat with him.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Seems to be the "defence" he's going for.

"She's a confident woman who is comfortable talking about her sexuality and sexual feelings - Therefore that means she was asking for it and if she was raped it wouldn't matter because she's clearly a slag"

A not unexpected viewpoint from a massively insecure, hateful scumbag incapable of genuine human emotion.

Although , it's a bit late - He's been found liable already , that's done and dusted.

The current case is only to decide how much money he need to lose to make him STFU - So all of this is just adding more and more zeros to the end of the number the Jury are going to come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

This twitter account relays his "truths" too: @TrumpDailyPosts (I can't seem to link directly to it)

On the "will he be around at election-time" front, I've wondered if Trump has any blood pressure issues and if he's on any medication to keep things in the preferred spectrum, given how he SEEMS to take rebuffs on the justice front. According to his current medical doctor, he's in good health.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So many Trump supporters always saying that Biden is in "cognitive decline", I know the MAGA loons will vote for him no matter what but surely anyone with half a brain will know he's sliding down hill faster than Eddie the Eagle.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Then there's his rambling nonsense about 'Gold' in Iowa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

DeSantis has dropped out; now it's up to Nikki to show she can beat Trump (I don't think she can in the primary).

“If there was anything I could do to produce a favorable outcome, more campaign stops, more interviews, I would do it, but I can't ask our supporters to volunteer their time and donate their resources if we don't have a clear path to victory. Accordingly, I am today suspending my campaign,” DeSantis said.

“Winston Churchill once remarked that success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. While this campaign has ended, the mission continues down here in Florida. We will continue to show the country, how to lead. Thank you and God bless."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And endorses Trump while dropping out. How can you look himself in the mirror after Trump repeatedly insulting and belittling him and then say he will support him?

Have some pride in yourself man.

Only reason I can see is a 2028 run expecting to need Trump's endorsement; I don't think he is willing to give up the president idea yet and hence dropping out early to be in the good(ish) graces of Trump for then and save money for a future campaign.

He’s self centred cretin. He’s burning books to fuel his personal ambitions. The man is scum.

I’m glad he’s out. If Trump has a stroke, he could get the nomination.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

A lot of Ron's supporters like Trump and vice versa. Haley doesn't have a base bar nevertrumpers in the party and she spent a fortune in nuking him in Iowa which will have angered him also.

RDS did go after Trump a lot over last few months but Trump is simply to powerful and yeah may as well plan for 2028.

His favorability numbers have held up pretty well tbf so who knows what happens then. You'd have to be hitting the echo chambers pretty hard to make any definite prediction for him anyway.

Deal is done, DeSantis for VP. Sellout Santis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Not a hope he picks DeSantis Trump lives in Florida and will win the state easily enough he'll pick someone from a state with a closer race.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

RDS would not want the role anyway and is to similar to Trump.

Not sure of the technicalities also of both pres and vp from same state? Anyway pointless to speculate its a total non starter.

If Trump wins I'd expect a Trump Son to run in 2028 and , and then appoint Trump as VP, then Trump Son to resign after becoming President, meaning VP Trump to take over. 22nd Amendment loophole.

they/them/theirs

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

DeSantis is done, for good.

He's out of office in 2026 due to term limits, so unless he decides to run against Rubio for the Senate or goes back to Congress, he's in the wilderness. The stink of this failure will still be all over him in 2026, so they'll be no money so he's just gone.

He has zero personality or charisma so he doesn't even have the option of a big money show on Fox News or whatever to look forward to.

Trying to run now was a moronic move , he's a relative child in GOP age profile terms, he should have waited.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think he just started believing the hype of his own inhumane project of Florida being this great bastion of "anti woke", then presuming Trump's own crusade meant it'd all translate into a national platform. As you say he's now in the wilderness and with Disney champing at his heels over that ostensible spat over the corporation's control of its lands (really a war DeSantis picked over Disney's utterly tepid resistance of the "don't say gay" law), you imagine he's gonna become a sacrificial lamb pretty quick.

Don't underestimate the appeal of another "Everything's Woke!" talking head on TV though; I could well see DeSantis appearing on Fox or Newsmaxx quick enough.

Oh , they love a good "Anti-woke" talking head , but DeSantis isn't going to be it , he has a whiny voice and zero charisma , he doesn't even have the "WTF is he going to say next?" excitement that a Rudi type has. There are countless others that will fill that role far better on TV.

He is going to find the next two years very tough in Florida - All his posturing around the whole "Florida is where woke goes to die" schtick is starting to turn on him , he has burned all his credit with Floridians by being an absentee Governor for the last year or so.

He'll likely leave office with terrible approval ratings making any shot at a continuing Political career more difficult than it already will be.

He will go down in history as an object lesson of what not to do in trying to make the step up from local/regional government to the National stage.

• Advertisement

Does he have a campaign debt [in US$] that he has to pay off?

Advertisement