Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maldron Roundabout

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Azatadine

It's really the last 2 weeks where its gone to hell again. Backed up right back through the Whitford roundabout. All the extra Rosslare traffic (lorries) will play hell with it even more.

Off over Fort Mountain for me I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Chiparus wrote: »
    No, it would not add to traffic going onto N25, the traffic would be the same - its a slip road from the N11 onto N 25, there is plenty of room for it. Looks like they actually left room for it when they were building the bypass.https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.3377359,-6.5152747,3a,75y,219.75h,79.53t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s6UQ3a-0KRbGpI8No54Hg1Q!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D6UQ3a-0KRbGpI8No54Hg1Q%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D100.13368%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192

Isn’t that all the N25? The N11 only begins beyond the Maldron roundabout

Started almost at the Rosslare roundabout this evening......20 mins to reach Maldron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Ouch. The M11 to Rosslare can't come soon enough.

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Ouch. The M11 to Rosslare can't come soon enough.

Yeah, its shocking. Loads of lorries in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

The amount of traffic in the last month or two on the roundabouts is shocking now. Even the Killeens roundabout is getting busy too.

CRI0ST0IR wrote: »
    The amount of traffic in the last month or two on the roundabouts is shocking now. Even the Killeens roundabout is getting busy too.

Yeah, its just a blockade the whole way almost from the Rosslare roundabout to Maldron now most evenings.

Fecking disaster these evenings.....all the way back to Rosslare roundabout from Maldron roundabout.... 😖

Forth Mountain getting busy now too.

The situation is getting scandalous!!!!! This evening the traffic was backed through all of the roundabouts to the town side of the Farmers Kitchen. All of the side roads were backed up too.

Fort Mountain Road the only option now.

Post edited by Azatadine on

Shocking traffic.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭webpal

Roadworks on Thursday and Friday apparently. Stop go system between maldron and whitford. That should be fun

Yeah, should be even more fun than usual. I assume its the extra ferry sailings that are causing the ferocious traffic? When do they plan to start working on the bypass to Rosslare? Talks of opening the rail line to Waterford for freight too I hear?

Resurrecting this one again......the situation is gone beyond ridiculous in the evenings again. It features in the national airwaves most evenings now. The traffic is regularly backed up from NR roundabout to the Rosslare roundabout.

Saw 2 accidents in Barntown last week alone. All as a result of the crazy traffic management that's going on at those roundabouts. Barntown is a crazy junction now too due to the volume flaking it through there after spending 30 mins queuing at the Maldron and Whitford roundabouts. I come over Forth Mountain to avoid it but Larkins Cross is crazy now too with traffic coming out there after crossing the mountain. Saw that accident.....very lucky to survive it so he was but looks like he has a long road back.

A rrelatively simple adjustment to the lanes at the roundabouts would help resolve the crazy traffic there. Same as they did for Whitford to resolve the morning issue.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/wexford/news/appeal-to-change-unsafe-wexford-junction-after-motorcyclist-suffers-catastrophic-injuries-41907078.html

What a shitshow the traffic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭CWMMC

It's beyond a pisstake now at this stage. The whole town is in a choke from it. The ring roads are backed up everyday and have been as long as I can remember, sinnottstown lane is backed up some days now too. The faythe is backed up aswell from the Talbot to Rocklands garage, and then theres road works in Killnick now too which is slow moving traffic.

It really is a pisstake and there isn't any easy way around it now either. As you said Sinnottstown lane is often backed up now too and I usually go over Forth Mountain but it's always backed right up at Barntown too. There were a couple of evenings last week when it was backed up all the way to the Rosslare roundabout.

Coming out there yesterday at 2 o’clock.. traffic from Rosslare Road roundabout (just before/after McDonald’s) down to ferrycarrig!

how it’s been allowed to continue like this is beyond me.

Yep, stretches from the Rosslare roundabout to the Maldron most evenings now and all of the smaller roads, which are atrocious in terms of suitability for traffic, are starting to clog up now too. I just don't get it ....surely even a review of the roundabouts in terms of changing the lanes would help.....left for left and use the right lane to go straight (and right obviously). Adding a feeder lane for left going traffic on the roundabouts wouldn't cost a lot either. Either way, they don't seem to give a damn. It's deadly with cars doing u-turns on the road. Only a matter of time before there's a serious accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Changing the lanes won't help as I've seen a huge number of cars purposely go into the wrong lane, if the correct lane has a queue and go around that way.

A feeder lane would work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Are the roadworks near the Maldron what is causing the current morning delays across the town? Seems traffic is a lot worse the past fortnight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

There are roadworks at the Maldron don't know how much this will effect town traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭CWMMC

Traffic around town has been horrible since the Christmas Holidays, most nights the Quay is at a stand still heading for the bridge.

Advertisement