Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drainage pipeditch along road needing clearing

Options
  • 22-01-2024 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im not sure if this is the correct forum to ask the questtion but its the closest i could think of.

The entrance to my house is a laneway between 2 properties. I have a right of way to use the lane but thats it. The is a grated gulley on 1 end and a pipe under the laneway running into an open drainage ditch on the other side running along fields belonging to 1 property owner. Neither of the property owners use the laneway as they have alternative antrances elsewhere.

The drain is now semi-blocked to the extent that if there is any heavy rain there is a pool of water gathered at the entrance. The drainage ditch needs clearing and possibly deepened to allow the water to drain away and the pipe under the laneway will need clearing.

Is this something i should contact the council about or the land owner?

Comments

Advertisement