Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

Who's supposed to have done JR ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭john boye

Think the gay Spar and the Centra across the road from it are 24hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭foxsake

just before the shooting comerford had taken a life policy with hibernian (now aviva) at the time so that his family would have money was for 100k.

We were all looking at it (on the system - the notes were not the usual ) cos there was a delay in paying out cos of the court case - I left soon after so no idea if it was paid.

So that ties in with the claim in court that he asked to be killed -

in the trial the shooter (mccarthy) was back by comerfords family in his story as they were childhood friends and asaik the shooter wasn't really a criminal or at least not a gangland type.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mr torchlight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭beerbellybob

hi and thanks to whoever posted those videos-was mentioned in the video that Fox was killed for not paying protection to INLA/ONH but it was also said that he was paying someone-interpretation being the person he was paying didn't forward on payment to INLA/ONH?

didnt this ever get sorted? would think that INLA would not be happy with essentially wasting a hit on someone who was actually paying...unless im misunderstanding...

and JD was just straight not paying saying **** you?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 faircitywok

nevermind thought ye were talking about the cowardly rat fox

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭40supple

Take them videos that are recorded in someones mammys box room using an AI voice with a pinch of salt man

Are gardai turning up unannounced to deliver GIMs or is the system different?

That would seem like a very risky task

Wasn't there a couple of gardai shot doing just that

• Advertisement

There was a name and a face in the papers in relation to JDs murder at one stage

A very scary looking dude

Don't link the article he was released without charge and therefore presumed innocent

thanks ill look again but for some reason this one intrigues me, the video they had of the assailant the day of and then a couple days earlier, just the fact they would hit him outside a school in broad daylight ETC. only thing ive found is the usual-experienced shooter, elements of both groups blah blah.

-there was a guy who gave an TV interview to a reporter or someone proclaiming his innocence when he was brought in for questioning-is that the guy you are referring to?

Cheers

Yep

I did wonder how it was he came to be interviewed and named when released without charge ?

Aren't you entitled to anonymity?

haven't seen it in awhile, but remember its was kind of his idea..he initiated it-wanted to clear his name or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tiffers93

This type of **** is nuts. A good mate of mine was in jail in England and one of the boys in with him was there for manslaughter but a mad story. He was hunting with his mate (legal guns) and the guy he was with was depressed/suicidal. Told the daft c**t that he got a bullet proof vest and to try it so the guy in jail shot him believing it was a bulletproof vest - it wasn't. A suicide note was then found highlighting the plan. Madness.

Ya thought that might be it alright

Seemed stressed about the situation, bad move though I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

That's the scummiest suicide I've ever heard of

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tiffers93

Awful isn't it! Ruined his best mates life over it too. He got it overturned to man-slaughter but still. Granted only an absolute idiot would agree to try it in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Updaparish

True went to wigwam for stimming last week it was crap..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I thought that at first, then I thought what if they were really good mates and that was the ultimate prank and the suicide note took the piss out of the shooter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

Young people just aren't into it. The idea of anybody in their late teens/ 20s spending 4 days Thursday to Sunday in pubs clubs parties like everyone born from the late 60s to what maybe 1995 used to do is alien to them. You'd walk into any local where I am 20 years ago and there might be 200- 400 (depending which venue) people in there, of which half would be young folk pre drinking before hitting town or a few nearby suburban clubs.

I remarked that to a pal of mine when we were out about 2 months ago in one of those pubs, there was about 120 people in there and probably about 25 of them of clubbing age- and they probably weren't even heading onward to one.

In my mind

• stronger weed compared to the mild soapbar of yesteryear means many of them, particularly the lads, barely drink any more, they just stay in playing consoles with the lads or netflix with the bird. Even the guards on the recent series of Inside the K were commenting that its rare now they intercept gangs of young people carrying bags of cans to secluded parks and back alleys, it's all weed now
    • today's generations taste for 1200 euro jackets and Yeezy runners means the money that was once spent on 4 day sessions now goes to Brown Thomas and JD Sport. The idea of an apprentice on 300 a week or a McDonalds or warehouse worker spending 3 weeks wages on a coat in 2004 was simply unheard of, that money was badly needed for drink drugs taxis and club admissions
    • on the pubs, interest in the Premier League has definitely declined, and of the many still into it most have it on firestick- the days of Dublin pubs on a Sunday afternoon rammed full of young men in jerseys for various derbies on Sky are well and truly passed
    • a fear of being caught in a photo posted on social media looking anything less than picture perfect- in my day you'd have a good laugh when you were tagged asleep, gee eyed, jaw swinging etc etc
    • you met the lads for pints. Today they meet friends for dinner.
    • in the 2000s you had one big music festival (Witness/ Oxegen), one minor one (EP), and a few dance festivals that floated in and out with non guaranteed regularity (Planet Love, Global Gathering, Homelands appeared once maybe twice). Today every summer has 40, 50 plus festivals- this is where most of the money that used to go to pubs and clubs all year is now going, plus how many of them fly to foreign festivals, something unheard of in my day when most of us didn't even have a card to book it with

Ireland had (for modern times) record births during the first decade of the 2000s- this generation are now in their teens and early 20s so technically the club and pub scene should be absolutely booming, but social media self consciousness, fitness, strong weed, fashion budgets and a few other things have killed it off almost overnight.

The strange thing is the scene seemed to boom during the recession, despite unemployment and emigration. You had Wright Venue, Sin, Powerscourt, District 8. Ironically as the country returned to higher employment and more money generally the kids born roughly post 1996 decided it was no longer for them.

Post edited by Cheddar Bob on

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I also think that coke has a part to play in it too. A lot of the younger lads I know are more than happy to go to a house party where they can sniff their heads off without having to run and in out of the toilets to do it. They prefer a 2 day session in someone's gaff.

90's and early 2000's pills where the common drug, obviously not these days.

you mention people taking photo's of people off their heads, that's one of my biggest fears these days. Not that I do them much these days but I've got in plenty of states in the 90's/2000's that I thank **** nobody carried phones or ones that had the ability of taking photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭40supple

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slowdive74

Lots of lads carry knives as well now which puts off a lot of people i think

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

its illegal to carry absolutely anything that could be used as a weapon without lawful purpose, if you’ve a lawful purpose to carry it you can. There is no concept of proactive self defence in Irish law so that isn’t a lawful reason. There are only very particular non-firearm weapons here that are illegal, because politicians watched too many king fu movies so throwing stars and knuckle dusters are out right banned along with cane swords and other ninja gear, I’m not joking. You can perfectly legally buy a sword and if you had a lawful purpose to do so, carry it concealed going down the street. If that sword was a machete it’d be downright illegal.

It’s the exact same a screwdriver, could be legal or could be a decent charge, depends what you can prove the reason for having it is

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

An important point you mentioned the oul yoke facepulling wouldn't be great for the instas 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

There's actually less stabbings now than in the 1990s and 2000s. There's less everything- gangland murders, domestic murders, random psychos killing women, fatal car crashes. You name it and we had more of it when we had less people compared to now when we have more people but less incidents.

Less murders/ manslaughters is directly linked IMO to my post above- less young lads getting into fatal punch ups and knife fights outside pubs, clubs and house parties because they're all sat around a telly smoking joints playing FIFA and eating pizzas.

In the 2000s you wouldn't wake up on a Sunday morning and the news not be leading with a murder or very near miss that happened the night before.

Advertisement