Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

1112113114115116118»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

Did you receive an email from DFB with an official offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wowthatscrazy

19th of March is what was on the "provisional offer" . medical Wednesday, so this was the timeline they gave to base our decision on taking the short notice invitation

How long after completing the medical do you get a time for your physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 akdhen

Anyone any word yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Shamrock12

Nothing yet either.

email for Physicals are sent 👍🏻

Yep they are indeed.

I wonder will they wait until everyone who took a late call through the physical and reference stage before sending employment offers

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Anybody recieve anything yet?

• Advertisement

Nothing yet the **** suspense is killing me 😂

Is there many physicals left?

No as far as i am aware they had all been completed on Tuesday.

Emails are out lads go checking

Typo I’m sure… Tuesday the 19th we’re starting not the Monday 🤣

😂yep who's gonna email Anne back and correct her.

Anyone received a confirmation email after sending the acceptance form?

Not yet, some time next week I imagine, prob alongside the typo correction for the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Well folks, for anyone starting next month, what kind of training have you all been doing or would you recommend? I've just been doing a bit of a mixed bag to cover all bases but might try a bit more circuit type training for the last few weeks before the start date

• Advertisement

story lad.... Strength training is all FULL BODY workouts 3 x per week .. Cardio in the form of running and some intervals (assault bike/Skierg) 2 x per week .. brushing up on the swimming tekkers too.

10 days out lads how we feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 1 neenahh

Hows everyone getting in in class 3? And has anyone heard anything about class 4 yet?

Class 3 or class 1/2024 is passing out tomorrow, the new class going in, in October as far as iam aware have been called for medicals. Apparently there will be another recruitment campaign in October/November aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zeroMac

Can I just ask, if yous don't mind. How much does a new firefighter earn averagely? I know this is the type of the job that shouldn't be all about money, but for me who's considering a career change I just want to manage my expectations. Because I guess we all know, family and kids needs looking after more than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭giseva

Can anyone tell me of point 1 on the scale in the information booklet is paid from commencement of training, or is that wage post training? Also, what is the shift allowance is it 20, or 25, or 27%?

For anyone that may need it, there is the WFP which pays 60% of the shortfall between net pay and a rate based on the amount of children an applicant has. Given the lower wages on the first few points, that may be helpful.

Under the Handington Road Agreement for certain public service employments, new entrants skip a point on the scale, say point 4 for example. Is this the case for new DFB employees?

I know training isn't residential and students can go home each evening but for those with lengthy commutes is there overnight accomodation available in the training centre?

Lastly, does anyone know what the pension entitlements are? This competition ran with a retirement age of 55. All uniform services have, or are in the process of, extending that age to 62 pending terms and conditions such as fitness. It would be interesting to know what the actual entitlements are at retirement. It's been said before, pay and conditions aren't the highest priority when applying for this job but bills and mortgages are a fact of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pilky01

anyone know when DFB are recruiting again? Heard rumours of November? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Most likely in the early new year.

Class 4 from the current panel start training on 14th October. That will use up that panel

Advertisement