Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting in the dark with my , hopefully trusty flash light .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Ah Auto, I'm so sorry 💔

it's devastating to see them slipping away. My old Alfie had nearly a year after being diagnosed with cancer, it still makes me cry years later.

hugs to you and belly rubs for Alfie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Not long in the door. I spent today with an ESB crew but saw very little real actio as it's not the safest weather to be working in. Got what I was required to get but those guys are still on standby. Epic stuff. Mrs G has my dinner ready. Gonna have a beer and watch a movie. But will be thinking of those guys tonight. Thankfully my neck of the woods isn't too affected by the storm. Today was a first for me. Not bad in middle age!

Bangers and mash with onion rings and the original Planet of the Apes. Wind still howling.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's incredible out there. Maps for trees down and power outages is a nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grim night. A lot of people won't forget that storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Yep, it was nasty. No damage down here, but I've never heard my apartment block make those kinds of noises before.

Deskside now after a horrible night. Some sort of stomach bug or something, basically up every two hours. The coffee machine and I are going to become best of friends today!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Did not sleep very well last night and bored/super anxious if that's possible. My two week cold whatever is gone. Which is good news.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in my home office, attending exam board meetings online via MS Teams. Gripping stuff...

@Autosport - Sorry to hear Alfie is so unwell. 😥 Cherish the remaining days and weeks with the little guy! 💕 🐕

Post edited by JupiterKid on

Taking a long coffee break. Finished some "really important work", according to managers, early, which they actually don't care I've finished early

So, taking a little micro holiday ,😁😁😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Finished 😁

Now do I have that glass of wine tonight, or wait it's actually submitted tomorrow......🤔

( I like to read over it again with fresh eyes, just to check)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

White wine spritzer?

(Do people still drink them? )

That micro holiday was a brilliant idea, thanks for the inspiration. Just popped to the couch for a quick meditation session followed by a coffee and a slice of cake.

Still tired as h*ll, but at least my mind has stopped freaking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Homemade chicken curry,rice and chips this evening. Used up the last of the roast chicken from yesterday, waste not want not! @thomil mentioned cake, mmmm must see if I've any left to go with a mug of coffee ☕

Nice one. Also get outside if and when you can at this time of the year. Works wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@auto best of luck to both of you. I hope that you can enjoy and make the most of the time remaining..

Got to see some power boat racing today, first time that I have seen this type of boat. Official race is next week, but my 30 minutes exposure them today didn't inspire me to rush out and get tickets.

Oops just read that they are actually electric, no wonder they didn’t sound right :):)

Post edited by smurfjed on

Not long out of my bed due to the stupid power cut . I’ve been frozen all night because my heat’s not working and had a really long sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Not many people would take on an elderly dog and take such good care of him. I'm sorry Alfie is so poorly, enjoy all the time with him you can.

In other news, meh it's Monday. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

@Autosport Sorry Alfie's not well, cherish all the time you have left together and take comfort in knowing that his twilight years have been full of love and adventures and you’ve taken such great care of him.

• Advertisement

Nearly off the tech desk. Looking forward to a very late dinner. Yet another one. I just have to push the girls to bed so I can pick a movie and calm down.

Predator 2. I reckon I could fall asleep on the couch with the cat. Not the fault of this great movie though. More a full belly!

Watching 8out of 10 cats does Countdown. , a great show but mainly because I can’t sleep . Which isn’t unexpected as I slept in till about 5pm .

Work time for me, funny how 6 days off goes much faster than 6 days at work.

Blue wasn't impressed but I left him with instructions not to fight with the OH.

At the tech desk. Finish by 11am is the plan and then into town for food and drink supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This was boss last night ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Should have said The boss 😄

The Boss? So he's gonna play Pairc ui Caoimh in May? 😉

Seriously though, give him a cuddle from all of us wherers 😍

Deskside here, working from home and watching the next storm move in. Hopefully, Jocelyn won't be quite as temperamental as Isha was...

• Advertisement

Aye give Alfie all our love.. Sat outside a church in the rain here..

Advertisement