Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭thebiglad

They went fast- there were 10 when i posted across colours and the different memory option.

Hope some Boardsies got on it and, at this price it's a no brainer - will use for summer holiday to watch stuff on plane and internet when away - if, it then turns out to be good spec it'll get general use around the house or, passed to a child who'll still be more than happy to use it.

Anyone wanting a case - check TEMU...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I'm getting No featured offers available on that tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

i cancelled the order for 32 gb as already have a tablet...looks like a good tablet for holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Must be gone now, pity would have loved one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Email from Amazon today:

Hello,

Following the agreement reached recently with the Competition and Markets Authority, which covers the Amazon store in the UK, we will update the Featured Offer criteria in May 2024 for this store.

As we strive to show our customers the best Featured Offer on the product detail page, we'll continue to ensure that the criteria used to determine the Featured Offer are non-discriminatory and treat sellers and Amazon retail equally.

Eligibility for Prime and the Prime badge won't be a criterion when determining the Featured Offer. Prime will continue to offer free and fast delivery, which are factors that customers value and therefore are relevant in determining the Featured Offer.

The Amazon Services team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Does that mean we will get fire stick etc discounts here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭SourSessions

That time of year again when I'm getting a bunch of tiny refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yeah just got 97p for something I was refunded from back in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭jones

I got 4 of them earlier today all pence - 27 pence here 34 pence there. What's it about?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Differences between the vat that amazon charged you and the vat they actual paid to irish customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Hideki99235

Excuse my ignorance, what is the bargain here? Showing as €420 for me.

Saw it on the no chat group

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭SourSessions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Much better deals on CCTV systems can easily be found on banggood. And usually shipped from Czech Republic. Got NVR + 8 cameras for 200 quid. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭onform

The Prime Time lager on the No Chat thread. It's unusual for alcohol to ship to Ireland from Amazon, I've never seen it allowed before?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It'll ship but it may be stopped at customs. That's my understanding anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Not sure with alcohol. Do custom not seize it unless duty is paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Is anyone having difficulties since Christmas? Multiple items getting stuck, then eventually cancelled. Tried again ordering individually. Nope. Customer service swearing they would come this time. Then refunded again without telling me. Ordered something else instead. Now that’s stuck too. Wouldn’t mind but like it’s not batteries etc! It’s a blooming set of choppings boards, loops and a coffee mug!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Actually these are all shipments supposed to come by Amazon themselves which is why it’s so strange!

They seem to be getting stuck in Manchester or making it swords and then getting stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mph_96

I can only totally agree with psicic about UPS. I've had brutal problems with ridiculous damage to items delivered by them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

Forgot to quote see below

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

Anyone know why that thread is now gone ! Did you happen to keep the discount code for half price as cannot find no matter how I search

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lads, can we please keep to bargain chat and not courier chat. Will delete any further off topic posts.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

That smart watch in the bargain thread. It's gone now, but does anyone now if any of those cheap yokes have GPS for tracking runs? And/Or Spotify with the storage to download your playlist to the watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭event

Not sure but the GPS will drain the life of the battery on a watch like that.

Wouldn't mind that.

The young fella would only be wearing it while exercising, and 'twould save him lugging the phone around.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

If I'm not mistaken, most of the really cheap GPS watches don't have GPS built into them. Instead, they use the GPS on your phone. So you still have to carry that along with you.

This may not be the correct thread for this but what is your maximum budget for a GPS watch?

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Pretty sure all those cheap bands wouldn't have Spotify. You need something with either the Android Wear OS or Samsung's equivalent to run the app natively and that's going to be pushing closer to the 100 euro mark. They'd usually just have playback controls for the paired phone but you still need the phone obviously. Might get GPS around the 40 or 50 mark if you are lucky. It's still a very limited version that you pair back with the phone to get your exact route after the fact though. Can't be used for live navigation during the workout.

Thanks lads, shag it so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Garmin watches do [have Spotify] as well, but you're well past the €100 there. Out of curiosity I had a look for cheap GPS watches and the cheapest I can see is the Amazfit Bip 3 Pro at £70 which I know nowt about but seems to have alright reviews (stripping the link of ref tags seems to show it as unavailable for some reason - never seen that before)

Advertisement