Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

Just got notification from dpd, S24 Grey ordered on the 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kissy_Lips

What sort of admin should I do now to save time for the switch to the new phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is it better to charge the phone fully before turning it on ?

Samsung Switch will make it so easy to move everything over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

No dispatch for me until the earbuds are in stock and not able to change the color as they're promotional, even though I added them to the cart and paid for them (save the €100 voucher) Disappointing as my Fold3 has finally given up leaving me without a phone

• Advertisement

I see the 1TB violet actually has a March 1st date on it for l now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I ordered S24 Ultra 512GB yellow colour on the launch day. No email yet about its delivery date. Chances are slim for this week.

That's a pity. Should be done first come first served basis. I didn't order till Sunday so don't expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Just got email from DPD about my Samsung order!

Lovely! Fingers crossed I hear something soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Ordered S24 Ultra with Buds2 on the 17th, alert from DPD earlier today so hopeful for tomorrow. Dispatched according to Exertis.

Just got a text from DPD so possibly tomorrow. I ordered 512gig Titanium Grey on Sunday afternoon just gone.

Status still just order confirmed according to Samsung website.

Actually, I'll give you a laugh. It turns out it's the case and not the phone being dispatched. I ordered it separately. Doh. I'll have a case to play with tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

The samsung website took a little to update for me, but it is updated saying shipped. I ordered just the phone.

Nice, ah sure maybe there's still hope for tomorrow. First World problems ay?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I got reply from my earlier enquiry and she told me it won't ship till 23rd Feb...

Then again I don't actually think anyone knows what's going on in the company...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 YermanHerman

I have a shipping notice.

Only thing I ordered from Samsung is the phone.

Let's see when it actually is shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe us Revolut cheapskates will get them later as a bit of a punishment 😆

Ha ha, yeah, possibly cash buyers will be rewarded first. Cheapskates to the back of the line. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

An avid follower here.. Thanks for all the updates and tips. I ordered my S24 Ultra 512GB via upgrade on my Vodafone business account the morning after launch - got an An Post delivery notification this afternoon too. I usually see postie in mornings as I bring dogs home from school walk - I really hope its an overnight delivery!

Good timing as I have a "few" versions of varying Spigen cases arriving from amazon.de tomorrow too - and cases for family too on selection of iPhone 15's and Pixel 8 Pro - its been difficult being on the oldest phone (S22 Ultra) since Christmas..

Really do recommend the Spigen cases.. they last really well and hold shape too, they have varying levels of protection etc and the clear ones never yellow or discolour. I find best place to get them is amazon.de and just pay the €7 delivery.. but maybe add a few other items too that maybe amazon.co.uk won't deliver, and get best value from delivery charge.

Anyway's hope everyone enjoys their new phones.. all the reviews I have watched on YouTube have been very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Spigens are overrated, they prices themselves out of the market. You can get exactly the same models for less than half the price on amazon UK without the shipping faff. I've 3 spigens in a drawer they're great because they were slim stylish and Still protective I moved off them last year as there is no planet they're worth that money.

I just got the phone notification there from DPD so looks like I'm going to be in business.

You wanna say same to those looking a Mous cases..

Send me link of the amazon.co.uk ones as I refresh regularly.. I always buy in bulk! I got cases for my kids phones at Christmas and they weren't a whole cleaper than Spigen, and they are thin crap.

I've gone for a selection myself. One from Samsung. A Spigen and a Caseology one from Amazon.de. I like individual camera cutouts as I was saying earlier. Screen protector won't be here until Thursday though which is a bit of a bummer. We're never happy. Lol.

Yes.. I do like to change. Still have one or two unopened fresh cases for the S22 - should have treated myself for the last week of use.

The cutout is only downside for me on same version of the Spigen case I got for S24 Vs my S22 - I find the individual cut-outs gather more dust in around edges but maybe that's my dust OCD. I will see how it goes over coming weeks. I got the Ultra Hybrid and some other new one's they have. Every Amazon delivery that has dropped in last few days I find it opened in the kitchen.. my son rooting cause he thinks new case coming for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mous are off the wall.

Example I had spigen liquid air for my Note 8 then same case for my S22U , got this for my S23U

And it's the same build quality as it. Taken a food few flips and drops over the last year. And the phones perfect.

I'm not exactly careful the phones a tool in my eyes. Just wouldn't spend the same money for their name anymore tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Always end up in the official leather cases with the Samsung phones and it'll be no different with this one. Best mix of form and function IMO.

That won't be arriving for another week or so, but have a Spigen Cryo to put it in tomorrow. Find Spigen OK, no better or worse than most third-party efforts (use a work phone in one).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Even my order that was cancelled and still shows as cancelled is shipped with DPD.

Will have to refused delivery for one if both turn up

• Advertisement

The Samsung official leather cases are very nice. Have had them on a few phones. Don't know if I'd trust them in a drop situation though.

Advertisement