Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 6

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Has anyone got wireless AA or CP working? It was in the October update. I'd turned off OTA updates via the App according to the car, checked the App and OTA update was enabled so I turned it off and on again. Will try to update later.

https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/Y2SkCi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

That only for cars with ccNC head unit; the brand new Kona.

All Gen5W cars like Ioniq 5 & 6 dont have wireless support.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭CivilEx

As @ongarite said, we are still wired unfortunately. I'm using one of the aftermarket devices (carlinkit I think) and it provides wireless AA.

The most recent ota is well worth installing btw, greatly improved navigation / preconditioning for fast charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

So "plug and charge" is supposed to enabled on the Ioniq 6, if so do any of you use it?, and if so how do you find it?

I haven't tried it - deliberately! My New Year's resolution is is to try and always fast charge from 20% to 80% using Freshmile (sad I know), which typically works out around €0.42c/kWh at ESB fast chargers or around €18 for 44kW roughly.

I'm wary that I'll be locked into ESB PAYG rates of €0.647/kWh (€28 Vs €18) if I use "plug and charge", so I'm holding back for the moment.

• Advertisement

So does plug n charge work with all providers?

The only ones I've seen are Ionity through the charge my Hyundai app and ESB as others have mentioned.

I assume Tesla owners have their proprietary version of this already for Supercharger sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Update: I solved the issue by reinstalling the software via USB. % on arrival has returned. (pic below)

I've come across an unusual software issue in my I6 today. In the last software update (before Xmas), when you navigate to your destination, the remaining battery % has always shown. When I got into the car earlier to navigate home, the % remaining at my destination or at interim stops is no longer showing. The car still preconditioned as normal for about 30mins before getting to the DC charger I picked on my route, so that's working fine.

I've reset the nav system with a biro in the pinhole under the parking sensor button, but it hasn't solved it. Some photos below, but short of reinstalling the software, has anyone seen this and has a solution?

Post edited by CivilEx on

I have my Ioniq 6 in for a windscreen replacement today and calibration etc. Apparently there is a "software upgrade" that the dealer will install while they have it.

I have all of the latest OTA updates installed, so have any Ioniq 5 / 6 owners come across this where there are updates provided by the dealer which are not OTA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭browne_rob5

The battery preconditioning update and ICCU "Recall" both required software updates at the dealer with the Ioniq 5. You are probably getting the latter.

If you put the VIN in below it will tell you any Recalls due.

https://www.hyundai.com/de/de/service-zubehoer/service/uebersicht/rueckrufe-und-serviceaktionen.html#/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I'm due my first service soon. Is it a free inspection or is there anything to service?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭eagerv

If the servicing is the same as Ioniq 5 then first service at 12 months or 15000kms is a free inspection.

If it's at 15,000km, my local Hyundai dealer stated that it's a free inspection to "keep the car under warranty". At 30,000km it is a service which you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Mad_Lad

Seriously ? 15000 Kms ? my id3 tour 5 is at 75,000 kms 2.5 years old and not due a "service" until it's 3 years old regardless of kms.

Is this just for the first service or is it really 15,000 km intervals ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Comer1

I thought the IDs were every two years regardless of milage?

Every 2 years or 30k kms, with a free inspection in between I think. Hyundai have a 5 year warranty, but are strict on (Often overpriced) servicing to keep that valid.

Maybe the earlier ones were different, but mine says 130 odd days until first service and my local VW will be in contact when due.

Warranty runs out in October but at least there is a 7 ? year warranty or 160 K kms on electrics, battery.

But hey, I'll go by what the car tells me lol.

I cannot remember VW, but I was quoting the missus's Hyundai....

"Hyundai have a 5 year warranty,"

haha yeah, just read it again ! 😀

• Advertisement

The Ioniq 6 has a 5 year unlimited milage warranty...with the usual exclusions on consumable items. The 12v battery is 2 years. The high voltage battery has an 8 year warranty or 160,000km, whichever comes first.

Yeah same battery warranty on i3 but normal warranty expires in October when it's 3 years old.

So when the topic of EV's comes up at work the main question I keep getting asked is "never mind what the manufacturer says, what is the range of the Ioniq 6 in the real world?"

So I decided to carry out an experiment this week by not using the public charging network while out on a longer trip and test the range (with a close eye on my bail out charging options near the end). I know that Ioniq 6 boards users are rare, but I decided to post up the results here anyway.

During my multi day trip I had about 160km of driving at 120km/h on the motorway, about an hour in stop start traffic in the city (maybe 30km) and the remainder was on national primary routes at 100km/h. I got home with 4% left in the battery having completed 502km, which gives an overall range of about 520km for that mix of driving speeds, some of it in quite wet weather. (Normal driving mode, regen level 3 and aircon on at all times).

The efficiency worked out at 14.4kWh/100km overall. Within the trip, the efficiency of the final leg of 213km in dry, warmer weather today was 13.1kWh/100km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Comer1

Thats impressive efficiency, My average over 2 years in the Ioniq 5 is about 16kWh/100km and I have a light foot.

500km is massive when you consider Cork to Belfast is about 450km, although realistically most of that is motorway and you are probably not going to achieve the same efficiency.

The typical efficiency I saw on the motorway this week was around 16.5kWh/100km. So based on that, the upper range of the car at solely (only) motorway speeds is 450km (74.5kwh/16.5kWh/100km). It wasn't that efficient last Jan though in the colder, wet weather.

Taking the Cork/Belfast trip you mention, of the roughly 420km (depending on where you measure from/to), from memory you have the N7/M50 (40 km?) and parts of the A1 (20 km?) at 100km/h. The remaining 360km is at 120km/h or 70 mph (112km/hr).

Cork/Belfast is definitely within the range of the car without stopping based on my experience this week. There is a growing list of other popular EV's that could also do it also though such as a long range Tesla M3 or a BYD Seal I think.

I don't think I could do 4.5 to 5 hours in the car though without a comfort break. 😏

For anyone curious about the 15,000km EV health check that Hyundai do, I had my Ioniq 6 in for this check with my local Hyundai main dealer earlier today. To start with, the cost for this was €0. Even though EV’s require nowhere near as much maintenance as ICE cars, preventative maintenance is still important as there are mechanical parts which should be checked periodically.

For me, two dealer only software updates were installed and that makes three of these updates now in six months. (1) March – ICCU related, (2) June – Front radar / safety system? (3) June – ICCU related (software & fuse check). Ioniq 5 and EV6 may have similar updates to be installed.

Once dropped off, all communications on progress afterward were via text message. I received a link to a video (Quik Auto Dealer) which the technician prepared, taking me through his inspection process while the car was on the lift (all as below), so communications from the dealer were very good and a lot better than I would have had from BMW in the past.

Tyre check – Nexen NFera Sport225/55 R18 EV – tyre tread depth check. Some have reported very high tyre wear on their EV’s (<15,000km on a set), but these Nexens seem to be good for at least 30,000km based on current tyre wear.

Suspension / steering – checked shock absorbers, springs, drop links / d bush, trailing arm bushing, track control, CV joints, drive shafts.

Brake pads / discs – wear check on all four, check for corrosion, brake lines.

Drive train – visual check on reduction gear and traction motor for oil or coolant leaks.

You local mechanic could do these of course, but not for €0.

Electrical – high voltage cables external visual check, check battery pack for visual damage / impacts. It was noted that a diagnostic was run generally on the electrical system and no error codes appeared.

The next one at 30,000km won’t be free as there will be work to be done over and above the vehicle health check I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Approaching Tesla levels of efficiency @CivilEx - that's impressive.

I don't do the 15 km check as it's an absolute waste of time, I do 30k km a year so that means leaving the car twice a year.

We have an ID3 and the service interval is every 2 years regardless of mileage, that seems a little more reasonable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement