Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

I wonder how that happened. Suppose there's always the possibility of mix ups when they're dealing with such volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,466 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nothing yet on my end

Doubt I'll get anything at this stage

Ah well hopefully have it by the weekend

Did anyone get an email about packaging for the trade ins ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

Just had delivery text and email from DPD.

512GB Grey S24 Ultra ordered a bit before 9pm on the 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Aye...they're not for throwing about alright, but they're suffered a few soft drops over the years.

If you need proper tough rough and tumble in the elements, then look elsewhere. But I've been round the block with the big armour cases before (UAG etc) and while grand, they just add that bulk to an already sizable slab and not practical for my personal daily use.

The thin and flimsy ones add very little size, but a lot of the them just feel cheap and even the silicone jobs are a little off. I find the leather occupies that middle ground, but you do still need to be a little careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Received DPD notification which was a nice surprise. I assume they are shipping the items separately which I didn't think they would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Abhi0505

Ultra Grey 512gb ordered Saturday 20th - no text from DPD but I see the order status just changed to shipped with a tracking number.

Ultra Violet 512gb ordered Monday 22nd (was showing dispatch from 24Jan when I ordered) - status is still confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Got my dispatch notification. Ordered on 18th am. Grey 512gb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Nothing for me , I ordered the buds as well so that might hold things up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

DPD email for delivery tomorrow, pre order through Vodafone on launch evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Goes to show though there system is up its own arse. You're better off Ordering last and getting first. Like getting in a lift and letting everyone else on before ya. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JOCookie

Just checked the samsung site and the order has updated to shipped.

I ordered on Thursday 18th around 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 obiwanconnoley

I ordered the 512gb direct from Samsung earlier today after Vodafone cancelled my preorder and got the email from DPD about delivery just before 6pm, they are firing them out randomly it seems

Which color did you order just out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 obiwanconnoley

Just the titanium black, I ordered a case too so hopefully they arrive together!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Confirms my suspicions. Mines just changed and added dpd tracking. They work backwards down the list. So ordering last means you could probably get today .. relatively speaking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I went to Samsung store website now and clicked on "Orders" and I see its shipped via DPD. Happy days.

No email though.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Just got text from dpd "parcel data received from sender" hopefully they pick it up this evening for delivery tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Earth24

Same, no email, but now says shipped. I only ordered it yesterday afternoon. 512gb ultra.

Excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,466 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyway to track order as a guest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

No, but I think if you create an account with the email you used the order shows, at least I'm fairly sure it did for me in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

What happens is they process the orders and then send the information to DPD. I worked in distribibution. The warehouse would pick all the orders as they come out, pack and label them and then at the end of the day transmit the data to DHL in our case in batches of 100 i think. Your order placed on the 17th was probably picked packed labeled but the trasfer of the data to DPD was last.

My guess is they are shipping only Black and Grey today. I could be wrong.

My Violet order from yesterday has no updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Just received a DPD email & SMS. Email says it has been dispatched. DPD tracking on their website says "Parcel data received from sender" so it may not be actually out the door yet just label created for shipping.

Ordered a 1TB S24 Ultra in black yesterday (22/01) at 9pm and a Galaxy Watch 6 44mm. It could just be the watch and not the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Mine shipped too, no DPD email yet. Ordered the evening of 18th, Grey 512gb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

First one here that gets it delivered , gets a second free watch 6 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

I've heard nothing on mine. Violet 512gb ordered 21st. Paid via humm if that makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ordered on 18th - S24 for the wife, shipped this morning at half 10

Ordered S24 Ultra yesterday - no dispatch notice which is fair enough.

Was very hard to not upgrade this year given the pricing this year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nothing for me yet, I ordered on the 18th but as a guest because of the shite with ordering so I've no way of tracking, there's a load of cancelled orders on my normal account

Not too worried because I've a case ordered and would prefer to have that before using the new 1 and I wouldn't be able to no use the new phone

Advertisement