Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Diop took Jota intentionally there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,407 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Bradley badly caught out there.

That Issa Diop is a big buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,530 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Suddenly we're backing off, instead of closing fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Squeaky bum time

Excellent save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hate those super slow lofted in frees like Elliott just put in a min ago, there’s nothing for an attacker to do with it even if they get a head to it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,717 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Itv commentator on the Fulham goal , a finish any striker would be proud of . It bounced up nicely and he kneed it in for **** sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

So open in midfield

Bit worried here.

Someone get their foot on the ball ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,420 ✭✭✭facehugger99

If we get a corner we can send 4 CBs up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,978 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Jota won the ball and got kicked, should've been a free to us surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

really weird one.

really shouldn’t have been this contentious an end, have had much the better of things - just hopefully can hold out now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,530 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Seems crazy to play Kelleher in the final, to put the feelings of a player who wants to leave, ahead of the better chance of winning a trophy with our best 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭eigrod

Substitutions turned the tide a bit.

Not an easy watch but we got there which was the main thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

5 academy players finished that game too. Klopp's faith in the younger players paying off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

That was tougher than it needed be.

Relief all round at the whistle.

And I guess if Kelliher wants out then Klopp should play Allison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Klopp gambled in taking Nunez and Mac Allister off. Worked out in the end but some difference without them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Give over.

Kelleher should start the final and rightly so.

I seem to remember folk saying he shouldn't play in the last final v Chelsea too.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Kelleher starts, same as 2 years ago I reckon, Klopp tends to keep his word to the players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Kelleher is rubbish but Klopp will persist with him. Is it the right call? Time will tell. Hopefully Klopp gets it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I thought he should have started back then alright. But I think Kelleher was actually a better keeper than season than he is now. I'm worried with him this season a lot more.

I think Klopp will stay loyal to him though, and start Kelleher in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Imagine being us 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He's not rubbish tbf to the lad, he's no where near good enough for a top 4 team starter but at the end of day he's a fine back up keeper and there's still should be a bit of growth in his ability with more game experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭jack747

I know football is a game of opinions but I cannot understand how anyone would say that Kelleher shouldn't start the final. It shouldn't even be up for debate, he's literally started every round too.

Dropping him for the final is exactly what Klopp is not about, Its more about building a good feeling in the squad. I'd say Klopp is greatfull for Kelleher , I'd say hes a really good lad within the squad and passes the no d***head policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭klose

Kelleher has to start, I remember in 2013 Mancini played Pantilimon all FA cup games and starts Joe Hart in the final, got a few headlines and they lost the final to Wigan, always rubbed me wrong that as it would if Alisson played in this final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I wasn't able to watch the match but was following a feed who said it was Bradley. 😫

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Klopp, 10 cup finals in 9 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Wouldn’t mind a summer move for Fulham’s left back Robinson

There was some paper talk coming into this window, but he just signed a new contract in the summer I think, so he'd be serious money. Great player though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I think with Kelleher he is very small for a keeper.

He has no presence andanother thing I'm not quite sure what it is but he seems to look very weak when saving shots to me. It feels like it's going to find his way into the net even though he's got a hand to it(not sure if it's just me)

Although he has to start the final, hopefully a couple of cup games played before so he's not rusty.

Thought Bradley was very good again last night except for when he dived in for their goal. It's like the old Trent position as he offers proper width down the right now.

Robinson looks very good for Fulham but checked his age and he's 27 this season so don't think they'll make a move for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I thought Kelleher started well last night, made a few good but routine saves. The point above is well made though, he has no real presence, and when the pressure came on he seemed to shrink, especially for that cross that Tosun? headed past him. He should have cleaned yer man out and took ball and man, but he was beaten to the punch with the header.

He's just grand, he should start the final certainly, but he's not developing into a starter at Liverpool is my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,978 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Kelleher is now the same age Alisson was when we signed him, I'm also of the opinion he'll probably never be our starting GK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,518 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The drop off from 1st choice is more pronounced than in any other position.

Part of it the anxiety he causes (in me anyway) by being less assured in almost any situation (presence, as mentioned above).

I played CB for 15 years and even at Sunday league level it made me me jittery to have someone you didn't trust behind you. Maybe I'm projecting my own anxiety onto our defenders.

Klopp will play him in the final but part of me does at least think it is a discussion worth having

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭McFly85

Kelleher should of course start. Klopp said 2 years ago when asked that it’s his competition, he’s essentially the no.1 for that. I expect it’s the same this year.

It would be pretty dickish to just decide that it’s suddenly too important to play him now.

Egypt do have DR Congo in the knockout round, ranked 67th compared to Egypt's 33, so Egypt will be favourites

If they do get through they have Equatorial Guinea (88th) or Guinea (80th) on the quarters

So they're likely to reach the semis, on Feb 7th. I presume Mo wouldn't be going over for that...?

Semi looks likely to be a rematch with Sadio and Senegal

Absolutely Kelleher should start that final. 100%.

He's absolutely fine as a back up.

I think we get clouded in our judgement as there is the obvious drop-off between the best goalkeeper in the world and himself.

The vibe within that squad must be through the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Diaz was alrite last night, but the constant danger in his play pre injury is gone. Reluctant to take on his man.

Gravenberch is raw, easy to see why he struggled at Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Gravenberch is still only 21, I forgot that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Diaz played well last night, but he looks like a man who is afraid on going into full contact since his injury. Whereas before, he had this fearless, raw, direct style of playing, a bit like Suarez.

Injuries tend to have that mental effect on players, so hopefully he can overcome it soon. Its doesn't that the opposition tend to try kick lumps out of him on a weekly basis, he gets zero protection from any refs, ala Salah.

• Advertisement

My biggest concern is his hunger and desire.

He doesn't really seem to love the hard work hard or tackling.

Compare that to Mac unfair as a WC winner maybe but only played for Brighton before this and he can do it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,407 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mac Allister is four years older than him and played in Argentina where they kick lumps out of each other regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

On the topic of MacAllister, he was very good again last night in the No.6 role. Jota took all the glory after the Bournemouth win, but I think Mac has been our best player the last 2 outings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Chelsea bought 2 midfielders for over 100m each, 1 on the back of performances for Brighton the other for Argentina, both are struggling. Whats the common denominator?

Alexis Mac!

Post edited by rob316 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Some folk don't understand Klopp and never will, you just have to accept that. They don't understand the dynamics of building successful teams, and they never will. Mourinho would pick Alisson for the final, those fans are pure sociopaths like him. Don't worry bout them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That's less than two weeks from now, so probbaly not. I think he;s looking at the final or nothing, if they make it that far.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Couldn't be any worse than the last left back we bought off Fulham...

Yeah on the otherhand Grav played in two of the bigger clubs in world football already.

Was that *whispers* Konchesky?

I'm worried if I say his name out loud he might appear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Jaysus, so harsh. Big drop off from Allison's level - best keeper in the world, so that's normal - but he's competent and getting a reliable back up isn't an easy thing. He will absolutely start in the final and fully deserves to.

Advertisement