Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Photobox

Is that the version where they seem to go backwards and forwards in time with the way the child is dressed. It's strange alight

Post edited by Photobox on

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

Spry finance.

There's something deeply off about a happy clappy ad about an old couple and their family put out there by a firm that the ads subtly implies wants old folks to borrow blindly and spend wildly so that the firm can come along and gut their estate for probably a vastly inflated sum when they croak it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Just be happy they even thought about their Irish market. The UK version below

The original (6-7 years back?) didn't have the phone box.

Hope the kid is still getting royalties.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

I actually like that ad, the sentiment of her wanting to give her mam a gift of a chocolate bar for her Birthday & the shopkeeper instantly spotting & understanding her intentions allows it & returning the "change" she was willing to give up in order to buy that bar of chocolate.

Post edited by gidget on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Pistachio19

Radio ad for Opel Corsa - male voice answering 'of corsa' to every question. Gives me the rage.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm generally a fan of the mad bastard that is Eric Cantona, but did he really have to debase himself for a betting company 🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

It's a measure of his presence that he stands out as himself, I actually didn't notice what the ad was promoting. Gambling you say? I missed that entirely, it looked more like a surreal tribute to the greatest. Eric 1, gambling company (which one? Can't remember), Nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The new Lidl (I think) ladies football ad with Mandinga as the song in it.

It portrays an unrealistic scenario of a full-house ladies football match in a modern stadium, presumably Croker. And the atmosphere is far removed from reality- tonnes of screaming kids boosting up the attendance figures on the back of free/discounted tickets.

The push to include news of women's sport events that quite litereally 40- 50 people attend in the sports news on TV and radio always reminds me of Homer Simpson

"women will like what I tell em to like!"

It's even funnier seeing loons like Ruth Coppinger feigning an interest in sports events she doesn't even watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭squonk

There’s an ad on RTE now for the six nations along the lines of that one from the World Cup with some lad banging on about history and hallowed ground. This is the team we were all told only had to go to Paris to collect the World Cup trophy but got kicked out at the quarter finals stage. I wish broadcasters would ever fúck right off with these kind of ads.

Post edited by squonk on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭jackboy

The problem I have with that ad is the atrocious standard of football displayed. They could have showed some skill and impressive play instead of that half ass low energy stuff.

Are they really suggesting people should spend time and money attending, only because these are women and it is unfair that more people attend higher quality and more entertaining matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I can't stand the relentless "Dancing with the Nobodies" ads on all the time. Wouldn't watch that $h1+€ in a million years. Pure cringey muck!

If something like above was dubbed over them, it would at least give us a good laugh.

That would be a good entry into tonight's Querovision song contest, given the way it's gone. It would have a better chance of success too.

The AIB ad which flashes back to the painfully middle class people at some gig 15 years ago, now they're parents doing "play dates" but on a night sipping vino in their house they rock it out one last time.

As somebody who is roughly the same age as those in the ad I can categorically state they never took one white Mitzubishi between the six of them, therefore their wild youth is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭forumdedum

What is this ad supposed to be portraying? Is it Lidl admitting their chocolate and biscuits etc aren't a patch on M&S?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭jackboy

Well considering 50% of the population is female, womens sports are not being attended because women are not supporting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭forumdedum

The ad is not well executed. Well done working out its meaning

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

I see they have brought back that Rathlooney lottery ad ... awful set of ads all of them ...

Not really an ad ... but that Dancing to the Beat thing on RTE when advertising DWTS et al drives me mad .... what song is that even ?? ... is it even a song?? ...

• Advertisement

I ignore dwts. The ads make them look like agile dervishes with half second cuts, but look at the longer blurred ad lib dancing at the end, and see the stodgy dad dancing of Rory Cowan. Small wonder he was sent home. I remember an ad clip from a previous year, Des Cahill like a bullock in a mart being hooshed around by his nimble pro dance partner. A sub second cut can't overcome gravity. I've never actually watched a single episode, but the ads are unavoidable. 'Dancing to the beat' is a great disco tune though, if you're twenty. I was that dervish once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,050 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Think its for a Broadband provider, the one with that bearded tw@t getting down on his hands and knees and running around with a frisbee in his mouth like a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

The Allianz ad with the leaking tap. Martins story where the wife asks him to put the kettle on. The correct response was to say get up and fill it yourself ya lazy cow.😂😂😂 but in all earnest pity it wasn’t a gas leak and all them fookers got blown to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I'm sure that "Denis" would love to reply to the young wan when she asks "whats a gigglybit" by saying, "the size of yer Ma's arse in those trousers"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lidl ladies football ad.

It's not a corporate glass ceiling.

You can't guilt people into being invested or interested in something.

Is the stupidity of the campaign that annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,050 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

In a weird American accented robotic voice, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭squonk

Nothing is stopping women playing these shorts and nothing is stopping any of us going to watch games either. Pele will vote with their feet though and while the profile of women players has risen, these ads are biting nite than virtue signaling. All this seems to be ignoring the elephant in the room as well. I have no interest in Gaelic sports really but you have the LGFA and the GAA. It night before matters if ads like these campaigned for the obvious, getting the GAA to acknowledge the women’s game. I overheard a conversation with a local man who trained a local woman’s team last year. There may have been calorie, I’m not sure but they basically weren’t colluded with any gear and only ended up with the shít the lads team had worn out and moved on from. I think rubbish like this is what actually needs to be highlighted and addressed first. Then again I’m not a Gaelic head so may be talking through my hoop but if the main organisation won’t recognise women footballers then start with that and why Scot getting fans out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• Advertisement

I actually have to reply to my own post after having seen this ad 3 more times.

If they were my friends Id take my own life, with their shyt hairstyles, clothes, coffee and playdate culture, the best memory of their youth being rocking it out to some 2007 version of Picture This.

My idea of hell.

Advertisement