Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,407 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No he played with Ajax and then wasn't fancied by Tuchel at Bayern. He has plenty of time 9n his side to improve.

My feeling is he's going to be extremely inconsistent this season while he trys building up his match fitness and gets used to the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,978 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No lessons learned from Curtis Jones if anyone's writing Gravenberch off already.

Klopp obviously likes him, but what does he know 🫥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,518 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Jones has been a revelation but it's incredibly lazy to brand every fair criticism as "writing someone off"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gravenberch is basically exactly what I expected him to be at this stage. Some genuinely excellent performances in the EL, while still looking like he'll need a bit more time to settle into the pace and physicality of the PL, and find more consistency. For me he's shown more than enough to have justified his signing anyway, and I'm quite looking forward to see him develop. He's way way ahead of the curve for a 21 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Honestly can not wait to see him, endo and Szoboslai starting together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I don't mind saying it, I personally don't think Grav will make a big impact at Liverpool.

I don't think he has enough belief in himself.

If he does then brilliant, if not we should at least be able to re-coup whatever was paid for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I've never seen a Dutchman who hadn't belief in himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think Gravenberch has only been OK so far but he's still very young and didn't even have a pre season with the club. Will be at least the end of next season until any kind of serious judgement can be made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I think Grav has all the attributes to be a top player. His ball control and touch is excellent. His lax demeanour can be annoying when he's not playing well but it was similar with VVD last season. If Klopp sees something in him that's good enough for me at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,420 ✭✭✭facehugger99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

With Robertson back and Tsimiskas due back in two weeks I wonder will Owen Beck go back on loan to Dundee after Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I like how direct he is, once he gets the ball he wants to attack. Granted he can be frustrating to watch but I think there is a player in him. Not expecting too much from him this season but once settled and up to speed I think he'll be a great squad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I wonder what will Klopp do when the lads are back.

Jo has been very, very good in a different LB role. Of anything, he gives us a lot of solidity down that side, allows Trent or Bradley to go forward or into to Midfield, and we've looked more solid overall defensively since he's come in. It's no coincidence Virgil has looked unbeatable with Jo in close proximity, and not at the opposite corner flag as Robbo often is.

Just be interesting to see how it plays out. As an aside, is Gomez close to an England recall? What English LBs have been better than Jo this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭McFly85

Romano has just posted that Klopp has decided to leave at the end of the season. Dreadful news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭.red.

Klopp is gone in the summer, confirmed by himself and the club. Awful news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

No just no..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭eigrod

Shocked, disappointed but absolutely the right decision based on what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭klose

Thats serious fuel for the lads to go to absolute war in every game for the rest of the season, let’s see Klopp off in style.

Thank you Jurgen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Holy ****

That's a real bombshell, can't believe it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭steve_r

It's gutting news but I wish him the absolute best and the deepest thanks for what he has done for the club. He has won every trophy possible, including a league title which I had never seen in my time following the club.

Will rightly be remembered as one of the greatest managers in the clubs history, which is saying a lot.

I remember him saying that it doesn't matter what people say about you when you arrive, it's what they say when you leave that counts.

He has left the club in a far better place than when he found it.

Xabi Alonso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Shocked and devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Say it ain’t so . . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Wonder is stevie gerard sorry he signed a new contract in Saudi now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Just got a text on this thought it was a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

OMFG!!! I am stunned, like we knew it would come some day……I’m just wasn’t expecting it to be so soon! For those on here old enough to remember, it feels the same pinch in the gut as when King Kenny called it a day!

The man that revived the club, the man that turned doubters into believers!

Good luck and good health to Jurgen, but let’s win the lot before he goes!

YNWA! 🔴🔴💪💪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Absolutely gutted, I'm shocked, he looked renewed lately I honestly hoped he'd sign a new contract.

Club need to get to work on the statue for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,420 ✭✭✭facehugger99

That's incredibly unexpected and absolutely gutting.

I thought we'd have another couple of seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Thud

no other manager will do as well with the limited budget.

Salah probably won't stick around now either...

Back to the manager merry go round and years in the doldrums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭jones

Genuinely in shock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

Shocked like everyone else. I appreciated/savoured the time he was here, football can change very quickly, also great that his run coincided with United imploding. You'd hope FSG make a good appointment, but easier said than done.

I've enjoyed the last 7 or 8 years, it got the monkey off our back to win the league after 30 years. Football is cyclical, if we regress here we can't complain too much, but just hope the club can continue to move forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Potter is still without a club, he did it at Brighton I'd imagine pool would be looking closely at him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

What the **** lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I get the reasons - I am shocked, but I'm possibly even more shocked by the timing.

This seems like a bizarre time to make this type of announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭McFly85

Depending on how everything goes, the curtain could fall on Jurgens time at Liverpool at a European final in Dublin. What an occasion that would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Pep leaving as well, so no boot room v2.

Alonso is the only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

9 years is as about as good as you can really hope for.

The important bit was to try and savour the good moments as they came. The aftermath of the Barcelona game. The unbeaten run when it became clear we would win the league. Having football at our feet in early May 2022. It has been immense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well, ****

Absolutely heartbroken by that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

**** gutted

But I get it

Can't be easy on your health to do that job

Thank you Jurgen YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Apparently Premier League has moved his last game to Saturday 12.30pm as tribute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,227 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Horrible news just hope whoever is next can build on the foundations he laid.

Surely they have someone earmarked if he told them back in November.

Alonso?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

F**k me !!! this isn't ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

And I'd say every bit of those 9 years have taken a toll. Hope the man enjoys himself for a very long time as he absolutely deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Shocked and very disappointed.

He will be sorely missed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement