Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Just the usual quiet winter / international break then.

Wonder have they Alonso lined up. Would be early days for him but he's doing one hell of a job at Leverkusen.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he owes us nothing.

a very human decision, and fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Awful news. Klopp's produced the best teams and football I've seen as a Liverpool fan. Just enjoyable to watch 9 times out of 10.

Thought the below from the Guardian article was interesting. Wonder if the next manager is already anointed. He told the owners in November.

"The assistant managers Pepijn Lijnders and Peter Krawietz, and the elite development coach Vitor Matos, will also leave at the end of the season. Lijnders wants to pursue a managerial career."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Absolutely devastated but understand his position. Hopefully we can push on now for the rest of the season. Odd that they've announced the departure of the full coaching team too. Might indicate they've already got someone lined up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭Cartman78

This.

Obviously gutted but would hate to see Klopp burn out and start deteriorating if he stayed too long.

Mayo GAA reported to have made contact about his availability this summer 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Finding it hard to work here

Memories of the day the king said he was leaving. Although as an adult I'm holding it together better....Just about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Shocked tbh.

This day was always going to have to come, but never thought it would be today, let alone this season. Didn't think I would have to be hit with it so soon.

What a manager, what a leader but more importantly what a man. He has brought us some of the best sporting days of our lives, and nobody can ever change that. He did that.

Now, go and win the lot and give the boss a good leaving party!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

A lot of the time following football can be about frustration and disappointment, but Klopp's period in charge has actually been fun, during some otherwise difficult times. Liverpool competing for and winning things in the face of overwhelming odds, and producing unforgettable moment after unforgettable moment. Whatever happens next it will look like a golden age. Danke Jürgen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,978 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Absolutely devastating, but what a privilege and a rarity it is to have a manager leave on good terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The timing of the announcement is both shocking and bizarre, gutted that's he's leaving of course, best manager in the world, but I'm just getting a deflated feeling now for the rest of the season. We are on a serious run at the minute and involved in 4 trophies and this just feels like a kick in the bollocks at the wrong time.

It could work out great and they play like their lives depend on it for Klopp in the next few months, hopefully it does. But just not sure why it couldn't be announced at the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Well if ever a squad needed motivation now they have it.

Gutted but wow what a journey he gave us, never a dull moment.

He owes us nothing, I'd say it has to be in the top 5 demanding jobs in world football. He gave it his all.

Would hope they have someone lined up at this stage, I imagine FSG won't be hanging about and won't appoint someone like potter (I hope), needs to be addressed prior to summer for etc.

Thank you Jurgen is all I can say, thanks foraking Liverpool competitive and allowing my lads to want to be Liverpool fans amongst man city supporting friends.

YNWA FSG build that statue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The Europa League final in Dublin as his last game..........

I wasn't ready for this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Mourinho...

i think it was going to be leaked, so they had to get ahead of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,515 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hoping it's all an elaborate ruse to give the players the extra couple of percent needed to beat City to the title.

Gutted that I never got the chance to see Klopp's Liverpool from the stands, and definitely won't now. 😔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Unai Emery or Alonso

absolutely no to Emery. he's found his level. it's a good level, but we're back to CL qualification challengers with him, and not much more.

if we collapse post Klopp, then he's a shout, but for the next appointment we have to aim for someone we actually believe might keep us challenging. Emery would be accepting a certain fate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Outside of Alonso, who is there? Is Alonso even in with a shout?

I'd expect some De Zerbi shouts too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Alonso for me

Can't think of anyone else

• Advertisement

Our biggest competition for Alonso is Real Madrid but they have Ancelotti signed until 2026

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Eras come to an end.

I still think Ten Hag will be gone before Klopp 😆

i do, but I'd be flabbergasted if he wasn't Pep's replacement. They're apparently 'best football friends' off the field.

*insert Inbetweeners meme*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Thud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Xabi or Ange please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,518 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gutting.

I really hope we can add another trophy to commemorate his time.

We are likely to be back in the CL next season and I really appreciate him not leaving last summer while we were in the ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Heartbreaking, but why announce it now when there's so much to play for? Would have preferred if he had waited until there was nothing left to play for, or the season was over.

Guess that is a bit nit picky, he still leaves as a club legend.

This is big to me as well, he could well have left this time last year when things were bad but he stayed and turned things around to leave us in a good position without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭klose

I imagine it’s fairly calculated by Klopp, I’m leaving, we are on the cusp of a legendary season, do we do this and go out in glory or fizzle out? A rallying call if you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭FrankN1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Ireland came calling and he couldn’t resist 😂

He joined Liverpool on the same day Shane Long scored the winner for Ireland against Germany, their fates are intrinsically linked. You might be on to something here 😆

Some journo must have got word of it and was going to leak it. Jurgen, and the club probably wanted to be the people to break the news.

Some talk that he told the club in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,518 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I wonder was it leaked or going to be leaked?

Still trying to process the news.

What it means for us a draw to players etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Better Klopp and Liverpool announce it than some 2 bit journo

It's weird, I'm thinking of players like Gravenberch and fully believed Klopp would turn him into a superstar, now Klopp is gone poor Grav looks fcked! That's the Klopp effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Apparently some journos got hold of the story and they had to beat them to the punch.

I think not having to deal with the press could add an extra 10 years onto Jurgen's life

• Advertisement

It's just not going to be the same is it? I can't picture anyone else doing the same job and expect a gradual decline in the next few years , was always going to happen when Klopp left anyway. Here's hoping to going out with a bang this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Gutting news on a Friday morning Jurgen owes nobody anything, and leaves on his own terms which rarely happens, so good luck to him. Hopefully it spurs us in to win the EPL again before he goes, and we can celebrate his era in Lansdowne Road after winning another European trophy

I had thought, or maybe assumed Pep was being groomed to take over, but apparently not. Anyway, I'm not ready to think about who's taking over yet.

Hopefully the lads who have been here long enough have learned the right lessons from Klopp and are ready to lead in his absence. Whoever the new manager is, the likes of Trent, VVD, Robbo, Salah (if he stays) will need to really step up as leaders of this squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Brother rang and told me, told him he had picked it up wrong ffs,, Alonso would be my preferred option at the moment, generally against ex players being a first choice, delighted that gerrard has had a couple of years which rule him out to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭eigrod

Not having to deal with Paul Tierney, Anthony Taylor & Constantine Hatzidakis and he’ll live to a 110.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sporting director leaving at the end of January too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Do you remember we had a few posters calling for Klopp's head last year? Well I guess there's some happy Liverpool "fans" today then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

One rumour out there is that a deal with Qatar is imminent and he wants no part of it .

Complete speculation I would imagine but it would fit with his character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭brevity

Gutted.

Klopp told the club 3 months ago he was leaving/retiring and nobody had a sniff of that.

So yeah, any stories coming out today, not from official sources, are more than likely just made up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement