Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Haven't noticed any rattles in my Model 3 or Y, and the 3 was from Fremont and had 0 issues in 3yrs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’ve a 2020 Fremont M3P too with no rattles. Except for the baby seat when he’s not in it!

I guess I have a 🍋:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

A Lemon smile???

You are a scientist after all !!😜

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Lord, you should have heard my Model S in the hot weather and SuC, the fan noise was massive, could hear it far side of car park!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Had a long drive yesterday and today so car was driven from 100% down to 20ish % twice.

Charged the car to 100% twice and it's only showing a range of 399km at 100%, I think when new showed around the 418km and then eventually seemed to stay around 412km

I know its not a guessometer and we don't get stated range whether epa or wltp etc, but seing the 100% equal 397km now has me wondering if my battery is degrading faster than supposed to?

Have only 8000km on the car and it's 11months old

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

After 10 months I’ve 30k on the RWD Y, like you I started to think it was some degradation when 100% went from 418 to 415 to 411 over time. But In recent charges I’ve seen 415 again amongst other figures

so I’d be very confident as spring rolls around you’ll see something very close to 418. I put this on the Tesla fb page and was advised this really isn’t in any way an accurate sign of degradation

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

I've mine since end of September and still seeing 418km and currently done 11500km. Calendar degradation could be a thing in your case. It'd be interesting to see what other people are getting

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Start of May, 29000km, only work off the percentages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Must keep notes I’m 29k on the button also. Rear tyres had to be changed first week of the NY.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

It normally is on percentages and don't worry about range as I don't do long drives but when doing the long drives this week, it's not hitting 400km fully charged

Don't like the though if having lost approx 5% of battery over 8000km in nearly 11 month, only have the car since March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Have you factored in 4 months of colder temps?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

There have been many comments that haven’t really addressed the question you raised. When charged to 100% you were wondering why your range (EPA at top of your screen) was decreasing acknowledging that you understand that this does not reflect real world range. the EPA is independent of external factors (individual driving style, weather etc). The answer is most likely that it is normal for EPA to show a drop particularly over the first few months. See below what Tesla say

Yes aware of what tesla say and expected some figures to drop, it went from 418 to 412km and expected it to stay around there, i realise that the figure was never going to stay at 418km but for it to drop to 397km seems very low very quickly and haven't heard anyone else's drop so much in such a short period with low mileage done

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

For accurate readings the car's BMS needs to take stable readings across the spectrum of various states of. charge e.g 100%, 70%, 50%,30%, 10% etc. to get a stable reading you need to let the car sleep overnight (without Sentry on). I am not familiar with your charging pattern but if the car is rarely left with low state of charge it may not have sufficient stable readings and in these circumstances the car assumes a conservative approach which results in lower range reported. Give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Realistically, with a model y, aim for 370-390km on a full charge. No point thinking you will get over 400km. Assuming its a rwd

Not exactly sure how Tessie calcualt3s the figures but here you go. MY RWD, March 2023, 21.5k km

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

I’d have thought the same. The Tesla figure is always an overestimation. You weren't getting that 412/418km even if it says it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭lau1247

I don't sit in the rear often so only noticed this now, anyone have their rear floor flexing (minor pop, probably the best way to describe is like a centre of a flat baking pan)? In my case ('23 MY RWD) it is on the rear passenger side. The points where it flexes are where my toes are at (two location).

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

Apparently this is normal, as in, I’ve heard and read about it from Y drivers.

some said it’s to do with the heating/preconditioning of the battery underneath a very thin floor pan, and exactly like you describe it ‘pops’ like a cheap baking tray you’ve left in the oven while it’s heating up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Sounds like, for some reason, when the floor panel was bonded in it has some residual tension in it. I can imagine that it should eventually settle in the "down" position. You could help the process by applying some extra pressure in the area. If it was my car I'd give it a little whack or levered it against the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jobrien19

Have Tesla ever done 0% finance to clear inventory stock or any finance deals in the last couple of years? Can't find anything on here about it 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭FaaF

They had periods of reduced rate finance towards the end of last year on the Model Y. If I recall correctly, it was 3.9%.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

pulled trigger and paid deposit on a Model Y

The 0% offer was too good to turn down and made it more affordable than the other options I was looking at (new Kona and 2022 Ioniq 5)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jobrien19

Wow how did I not see that! How long has that been there? Definitely tempting even with the new model coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could be interested in one myself at 0% if I can convince the wife (she won't like everything controlled through the screen) and get a decent price for our 72kW 2022 Ioniq 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Interestingly, I was in the market for a 2022 Ioniq 5 and with the interest Hyundai were charging the finance was working out at more than the Model Y at 0%. Had been leaning towards the Ioniq initially

Advertisement