Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

Why would I define that when I did not say anything about success?

Read the article I posted. It makes a much more reasonable description of what might have happened than anything I have seen from yourself on the news of a tunnel being used in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Indeed some posters can be very abrasive, their way or the highway etc.

But look at poor old Solovyov here, all on his ownio and garbed in a winter jacket. What a difference a year makes.. At his rate of decline, it can't be too much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

And yet the article said that the lines were breached,the mayor of adviika said the lines were breached, the only difference between yesterdays post this one , the other there was casualties and this article has zero Mention of any casualties whatsoever ,,

Enemy breached defences undetected there was casualties

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭zv2

They can use heat sensitive cameras to detect them. They absorb heat during the day and are easy to detect at night.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vswr

It does work, just not so well in the cold. They made a lot of headway de-mining agricultural lands doing this, however, it's not fool proof and still requires a physical sweep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

Here is a copy of a post you made about this tunnel recently:

"Imagine if they did send 500 through the tunnels ,100-150 eliminated 500 killed or injured now multiply that number several times over with a larger force running amok inside Ukrainian lines , what ever the plan for the Russians was it seem to have worked they breached the Ukrainian lines and have gained another foothold inside of adviika"

Zero evidence for the hundred plus of eliminated and five hundreds injured now as you claim and a suggestion that it was feasible to send hundreds of putin's troops through a sewer to give them *another foothold inside..."

If you read the article as I suggested the statement from the mayor was quoted as saying "the maximum that it could be is some kind of recon group. And no more,” They mention that the moskovytes that did infiltrate the lines have been counter attacked by Ukrainian forces and positions retaken and moskovyte units were still being hunted down in a forest park area. The infiltrating troops have been detected and while I never said there were no casualties you seem to be the only one putting an exact figure on them and providing no evidence for the figures you seem to be grasping out of some pro putin bloggers back side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

Just came across this on Twitter (or X if you prefer) it shows an IL76 being boarded / loaded, and Russia claims this was the plane that got shot down being loaded with the POW's. There was another story as well, and it is well worth considering in my opinion. The IL76 flew from Iran loaded with weapons for Russia, landed in Belgorod, offloaded, and then took off again, away from Ukraine.

I think Ukrainian sources have rolled back on the idea it flew from Iran seems like a social media account tried to make two separate aircraft into the one that was shot down to fit the narrative,

Putin himself has doubled down on the claim something he's not really done for previous shoot downs ,

It's a bit of an odd one because both sides have come out with multiple claims and counter claims

Has anyone air accident investigation requested access to the site ???

• Advertisement

Ukraine could have done it at the UN the other day no ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Field east

Re Russian economy/society collapsing. It’s not like everything is going fine as up to Jan 28th, 2024 , eg plenty food available, plenty of energy/fuel available and is reasonably priced, etc, etc, etc, but on jan 29 the economy has collapsed . Eg little or nothing of anything is available and of what is available is very, very costly.

An economy collapsing is like a business trading unprofitably , negative equity is increasing over time. Its products are getting pricy, staff are waiting and waiting for their long overdue salary increases, some staff are let go, some company offices are closed down to try and stop the down hill spiral , etc, etc, etc. the signs are there of trouble ahead for a few months or a year or two and suddenly one day the company collapses and close shop.

So Russia will plod along with things getting more difficult, more challenging more costly by the day ‘ egged on’ by the sanctions, less foreign with exports being generated, collapsed heating systems, infractructure / oil refineries being ‘ torched, maintenance engineers , bus drivers et al being conscripted for the front lines, food shortages, etc, etc.

AND SUDDENLY IT ALL BECOMES TOO MUCH and the ECONOMY gets a serious ‘ short back and sides’ of a haircut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭saabsaab

True enough Germany in WWI was still holding on at the frontline but their economy was starved of resources and collapsing, war materiel was hard to get. Popular support for continuing the war stopped in 1918 leading to the armistice..Much the same may happen to Russia eventually..

The final signing to end the war didn't happen until August 2024!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Links and the correct understanding of them are always welcome. You provided a link and then interputed it totally wrong. Also, silly stuff like the "Ted" refernces and never admitting one can be wrong take away from any positions you are trying to make and I apologise for being a bit of a grammer nazi but learning the difference between "there" and "their" would help you in making your case.

In simple terms " their" is used to show possession or ownership.

What was really strange was to hear Soloyuv saying on air that " The war is not over, far from it. "Ukraine is not defeated, they are very strong and cunning" A few months ago, that would have been end of the road for him for undermining the SMO. Panic stations are creeping in, slowly but surely. Be interesting if he has to make another broadcast, denying what he has said about Ukraine being strong. Then criticizing the air defenses, with the best equipment in the world, not able to defend the Russian skies? While the program he was on, kept breaking down... LOL

Furze, if he had made the same speech just a few months ago, belittling Putins SMO and the military, he'd either be in the gulag or the grave. I think that the strain of continuously lying is finally catching up with him..... he's losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Chay Bowes calling out @JayinKyiv. He deleted this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

what has this got to do with russia? idiots challenging each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 victorfranco

So they are easy to detect.

wouldn’t that make them pretty useless?

unless Russians can’t operate heat-sensitive cameras.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

US nuclear weapons to be deployed to RAF Lakenheath as part of future threat deference for the first time since the early 2000s ,

Its claims of Russia struggling to get ammunition and having to beg other regimes for help doesn't seem to be so true going by the following claims if anything Russia is still out producing nato/EU states and they will likely to continue the war in Ukraine for another few years 3+ ,

It was already suggested earlier in the thread we would be looking at at latest a 5 year conflict as we are now heading to year three

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

But Russia did beg North Korea for shells and Iran for drones. Ok maybe not literally begging, but they have received shells and drones from North Korea and Iran. So it's not a claim, it's proven.

3 years time is a long time in a war though.

I'd question the figures of tanks produced. Unless they are counting slapping a fresh coat of paint on Soviet era relics from storage.

Again with the 300k shells. Not all shells produced by the EU have been given to Ukraine. What I mean is if the EU have given Ukraine 300k shells, that's not the limit of EU production capacity. By all reporting the EU are scaling up their production with Germany alone says they will supply Ukraine with over 200k shells in 2024. Baltic states have also been doubling their capacity etc...

By all accounts NATO countries are ramping up weapon production. Doesn't mean Ukraine will be getting everyone NATO produced though.

@Wolf359f Not all shells produced by the EU have been given to Ukraine. What I mean is if the EU have given Ukraine 300k shells.

So what shells are being withheld or not delivered???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Well snow is a pretty good insulator , and theres not much heat in the sun at this time of the year ,

And likely that use of thermal cameras on drones wiuld work for one type of anti-tank mine , but not for others , and its for unlikely to work on anti-personnel mines , or remote sensor mines , ect ect , i dont think anyone has come up with a quick safe way of demining ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement