Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ian Bailey RIP - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

I don't think she was even out driving that night, so didn't see anyone at the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Gussie Scrotch

Thinking about Marie, I wonder if she will be, or has been, interviewed by the cold case team?

And if not, why not?

There's no point dwelling on anything she said really but she should know the difference between tall and medium and short.

It would be great if she was given some type of immunity and told to just tell the whole truth once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Everyone knows he was inside the cordoned off area well before the forensic team arrived.

He simply approached a lone inexperienced Garda and said "I'm a journalist, let me through."

He trampled all over the scene and even went up to the house leaving fingerprints and palm prints around the windows, because of this none of the evidence of his being at the murder scene could be used against him in a trial.

The new breakthrough in DNA will be the coup de grace for his fan club if they can extract a miniscule piece of his DNA from the block.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I wonder too, at a guess, because at this stage if she started telling the truth how could you tell... unless she had some independent way of confirming what she was saying.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Maybe someone should publish the full file, WikiLeaks style if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Why did the Gardai wait until Bailey was dead before they searched where he lived?

Nope. Everyone doesn't know that. But sure if everyone does, it should be easy for you to find some credible documenting of it. Nick Foster's ramblings don't count given how much nonsense he has written about the case. So go ahead.

No evidence was reported found by AGS of him at the scene - nothing. No fingerprints, no palm prints. No evidence at all from any source.

In the Garda File, he is reported at being at the cordon at 14:20 and his name noted at that point.

Also, haven't you said the block was used to prop the gate open? So Bailey visiting Alfie could easily have touched it without connection to the murder.

Post edited by odyssey06 on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

• Registered Users Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I don’t follow all the details of the case but can anyone tell me is the “official theory” that Bailey went to STDP house by foot (3 miles away) and returned home by foot ?

Seems a hell of a lot of walking in the middle of the night, after a rake of drink

• Advertisement

No, just pieces of it that have turned up in books or confirmed in the media, trials, etc

It seems to be the narrative but I don't think there's any proof if he drove or not.

I read somewhere that one of Jules's daughters came back at 3am and noticed the car was at home. But I don't know where I read or heard that.

It's only a 40 minute walk anyway so it doesn't really matter either way.

He had plenty of time to walk or drive.

For me personally, if I came back from the pub at night in December after a few scoops, I'd make a sandwich or scarf down anything in the fridge, hop into bed and I'd be out til morning.

Not a hope I'd be getting out of bed to do work or walk 40 minutes up the road to proposition a stranger.

The narrative is preposterous when you put yourself in his shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Do you practice these theatrics first before posting them or does it just come naturally to you

Apparently a car as a mode of transport has been ruled out, simply because either no one in the household heard it or that there was no evidence recovered from it - I think the official distance is more like 2.5km or 3km as opposed to 3 miles- either way you’d think that wouldn’t be a high priority walk at that hour of the morning and even if you were motivated by something , that motivation may well wear off after a KM or two

He’s still under investigation - I imagine that he would have been detained for questioning before the file went to the DPP in this current investigation so they would have had their chance anyway - it probably would have been a lost opportunity if they didn’t search now- would they have obtained a warrant to search his home in the last year or two without holding him for questioning? I don’t know but quite possibly not- regardless of him being a suspect he still had rights - what justification might the Gardai have to search his premises? Being a murder suspect wouldn’t in itself trigger an approval considering he’s been that for 20+ years - you would need a reason I’d imagine but stand corrected.

Quite likely this was also just opportunistic- to be sure to be sure there wasn’t evidence amongst his hoarding of stuff - it will also give them a hell of a lot of insight into his communications with his solicitor - I wonder will a challenge to certain items seized ensue ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The facts of the case? If the facts are so incriminating why did AGS have to make up evidence? Why did AGS destroy evidence? Why did they not provide any of these "facts" to the DPP? Why have they been constantly and secretly disclosing details of an ongoing investigation with selected "journalists"?

The reality is that the actions of AGS since day 1 have probably ruined any chance of a fair and impartial investigation and trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭BagofWeed

I don't think he did it but he struck me as someone that was well capable of doing a similar murder. His diaries were the writings of a complete whack a do.

I'd be strongly inclined to think that he would have loved to have been with a woman like Sophie, due to her movie work and being a quasi celebrity. It would have made him feel like a big shot around west Cork. The celebrity couple of Schull ! I can imagine him thinking he deserved to be a big shot arty type whereas in reality he was just an aspiring artist with no art. Plenty of these types around. He loved attention and lapped it up.

I'd like to have bumped into him around west Cork and had a chat as he seemed to be an interesting character but only seen him once walking on Oliver Plunkett Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Nah, I looked at that printed segment.

You just made up that statement from 1997.

Re shed;

You don't know, all I know is a witness heard Alfie call her a moaning pain in the arse, or words to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TruthorBust

Based on his reported behaviour that Bill Fuller fella seems to be a ridiculous cock womble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭tibruit

Ok. I`ve reviewed my notes and looked back at the video. It wasn`t in the statement. What I provided was a word for word transcript of what Farrell said to Jim Sheridan seconds after they showed a segment of her statement. She said Sophie went up Ardmanagh Road and the man in black followed her. Interestingly, Sheridan reconstructed the scene and the view of the man across the street from the shop. Not sure how accurate it was but I don`t know how anyone could be critical of Farrell for getting the height wrong by 4 inches.

As for the shed, I see no issue. Alfie owned the shed and had a right of access. Sophie was either duped by the conveyor of the sale or didn`t examine the maps properly and assumed she was buying the shed. She was probably pissed off, but that isn`t a dispute with Alfie. She wouldn`t have had a leg to stand on. It would have been all done with three years before she died.

I don`t remember Alfie ever saying anything disparaging about Sophie. What`s your source?

You “have notes”- 😀😀😀

Considering the amount of misinformation you’ve posted on the last number of hours, you really need to build a bonfire and burn them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

How did you dream up the scenario that a search warrant cannot be executed without holding the suspect for questioning?

It's title is self explanatory, it's a warrant to search a premises and any person found on the premises.

There is no obligation that the person named on a search warrant has to held for questioning. As a matter of fact anyone found on the premises subject to a search warrant is only obliged to provide their name and address, nothing else.

Gardai with a search warrant can enter a premises by force if needed, there doesn't even need to be anybody on the premises.

You've got a very active imagination Oscar, it's quite entertaining.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

I make a note of what I find interesting. You should try it. It might open your eyes.

"I don`t remember Alfie ever saying anything disparaging about Sophie. What`s your source?"

A poster on here, now a mod in society and culture. Posted on the other thread that you're banned from, and a previous thread that was closed due to abuse. I think you were banned from that one as well. Knew Alfie and Shirley. Goes by an old Irish name for a Fairy Woman.

One of these;

Not if those notes are filled with inaccuracies and misinformation - don’t suppose those notes contain your reasons why you believe Bailey is guilty and why anyone who doesn’t believe that is a conspiracist?

I quoted Marie Farrell accurately word for word. I also listed the reasons why I think Bailey is guilty more than once on the other threads. I may or may not do it again. Perhaps if the conspiracy theorizing by the likes of yourself gets out of hand.

You didn`t give the source. You gave me the equivalent of a book. Give me the page of that book.

• Advertisement

You quoted Farrell from the film and claimed it was her police statement from 1997

Advertisement