Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Assistant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Is there a supervisor docker version available? I thought it wasn't available?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

No. I run HAOS as a KVM guest for that reason. It just works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭poker--addict

What sort of weather system have you?

😎

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Govee H5075 mounted under a north facing awning. A neighbour has a weather station mounted in their garden which I can pick up using rtl_433, but the Govee is more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭emaherx

It is possible to have supervisor with docker, although it is only officially supported with Debian as host OS, I run it on Pi OS without any issue, except warnings in the logs about 'unsupported OS' and lately moaning about other non-HA apps running in Docker. These warnings don't affect the operation though. But since I have started to convert the other Docker apps that I need into HA add-ons I may go back to running HAOS.

• Advertisement

I just migrated off a physical server (ubuntu) to proxmox after a root filesystem crash. I'll play around with it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Has anyone tried this out:

I bought a few tags to play around with it. I'm very impressed so far.

I bought the gateway and tags from here. They communicate using a customised version of ZigBee, so the gateway is needed.

I have a tag stuck to my home office door and an automation that shows I'm busy when my work PC is on. When it's off the tag changes.

I had read about these, but that's as far as I got. I've been messing around with 0.96" OLED displays on ESP32 devices running ESPHOME. The e-paper tags limit the interactivity and the performance of a system using them, but I can see good use cases for them alright - for example reporting on the amount of hot water in the cylinder - no rapid updates needed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭wandererz

I am new to HA by about 1 day so far. Have it installed on a Raspberry PI.

I have smart plugs located around the home.

How do i create a dashboard to display:

1) Daily & monthly cost usage for a group of devices based on peak & off-peak hours (but for the group - weather the group contains one or more devices)

2) Daily & monthly cost for all groups of devices based on peak & off-peak hours

Many thanks if you can advise on this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Create a group for the items, then create a utility helper for each group and time period (one each for daily and monthly), thne you'll need an additional template to do the costs.

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/utility_meter

Folks,

Having a problem with an energy sensor graph. I'm using the internal statistic graphs to plot the consumption of devices over time, but it's not working properly as you'll see gaps in the graphs, 20th to 22nd and 24th to 27th:

The issue is caused by my ESPHOME devices resetting the daily counter at one second to midnight (23:59:59) on the missing days while on other days it's resetting at 00:00:00 precisely. The sensors are setup with NTP, so it's just one of those precision issues where the database is recording events in milisecond precision and I'm guessing that home assistant is rounding down, or something. There isn't a way to adjust the energy daily reset time from EPSHOME.

Are most of you using Apex Charts to display this type of graph or is there a better add-on to use? Apex hasn't been updated in 8mths I notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Have you got InfluxDB and Grafanna installed on HA, they should be more useful and designed for timebased data and graphing.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Yes, but preferred to have graphs on HA rather than in Grafana. I got it sorted anyway, installed apex charts and they are very good, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭championc

While I have been using Node-red for my home Dashboard, I have just started playing with Home Assistant.

I have un-earthed an old Zigbee device - a cc2531 that will need flashing to work in HA. It identifies as

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0451:16a8 Texas Instruments, Inc. CC2531 ZigBee

Is there anyone around Sth Dublin that I could bring it to to reflash, or could I post it to anyone ?

If you can help at all, can you please PM me

Thanks in advance

Do you have the physical CC-debugger tool, or is that actually needed?

I see this method here, but it looks like a faff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭championc

That is EXACTLY what I was looking at, and hoped that someone might just have the devices to hand to allow me to flash it. I bought mine in 2021, and I see that new code after 2022 is needed to allow it to function within HA now

It's this one here that I meant to link to:

But for all that work you'd have a non-recommended Zigbee bridge...

Not recommended

The adapters below are well-supported but use outdated chips.

Texas Instruments CC2531

I had enough problems with my 'fully supported' SONOFF 3.0 to know that it's worth having a working adapter, otherwise things get funky quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

For anyone who likes to have news ticker like information these work great with home assistant. You can set up automations to display any sensor information and if you set up the home assistant app on an android phone or tablet can you display the latest notification it received. I set up an old android tablet for example to run a livescores app and subscribed to all the big leagues and everytime a goal is scored it will be displayed on the led display (android has a limit on the amount of notifications that it can have in the notification list though so you need to run macdroid app to clear notifcations every so often if you use it for the likes of live scores where there are a lot of updates).

Edit: Example of live football scores.

Example of using sensor information, in this video it's showing forecasts and what was generated.

Post edited by kaisersose77 on

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

Could you share any examples you've done? I have a couple of these, but haven't gotten around to doing anything particularly cool with them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

We have various Google Nest speakers around the house. Until recently when I asked one of them to turn a light on or off it would just chime which was perfect. They've recently started replying with full sentences like 'Turning off Landing Lights' which is beginning to get on my nerves especially at night. I didn't change anything in our home to cause this, has anyone else had the same problem recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I have only being playing around with it myself recently but at the moment i just have the following setup:

1) The main one i have setup is displaying the latest notification from an old android tablet but can be done on a android phone too. In the home assistant app you set it to only allow notifications from certain apps so i have it display the latest notification from news apps like sky news and then latest scores from the sofa scores app. The sofa scores app has all the main sports and you can pick what you want to be notified such as when a goal is scored, red cards and when match is over etc. You can subscribe to the leagues so you informed of every match going forward, not a case if having to subscrube manually each time there are matches on.

2) I have solar panels installed and it will display how much energy is currently being generated. In addition to this I have it displaying how much in total has been generated for the current along with how much was forecasted for the current day and for the next day. I also have a seperate notification telling me what percentage of battery i have left on my solar battery.

3) Displaying RSS news feeds from the BBC website.

4) Displaying latest tv show episode acquired by Sonarr.

You can get it to display more or less any information thats in home assistant whether it be calendar events, weather information, song being played etc. As ideas come to me for information that i think is useful i'm trying to get it displayed. I disabled most of the exiting apps/notifications on the awtrix from clock and date.

Not that many and most are very simple but you can get some automations/blueprints that other people have created on this website - https://flows.blueforcer.de/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I think this depends on your room setup.

If I say to my kitchen speaker to turn on the living room lights it response "turning on ..."

If I say the same to my living room speaker it will just turn them on and chime

My electric gates stopped working today.

I am getting an Argo tunnel error when visiting my "website". Error 1033

What might be wrong?

😎

What website, the Home Assistant dashboard or some cloud service for your gates?

Sounds like an issue with a cloudflare service. If it's for your HA then you should be still able to connect to it by the local address if on same network.

Yes cloudfare issue I think/gate. Will try chat GP for a fix as not an expert on it

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Shoog

Finding the learning curve with HA very steep. Doesn't help that the constant OS upgrading seems to render most tutorials redundant shortly after they are released.

Do you have a cloudflare tunnel that you setup to access Home Assistant? If it's an issue with your tunnel you should be able to fix it but if it's an error being produced by a tunnel belonging to some cloud service then it's unlikely you can do anything about it, except wait for it to be fixed.

What service are your gates connected to?

Incremental improvements can make it tricky, but I find that it's one of the best documented applications out there due to its popularity. Rock stable too.

• Advertisement

Think I solved my tunnel/ gate issue (pretends I understand it after fixing a loose Ethernet cable) but now am facing the sh*t show of lost login details for HA and Proxmax

😎

Advertisement