Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Funny how suddenly you attribute what the UN wrote in a report as something 'I said'

Funny how when prompted to critically think about Israel's genocidal policies, suddenly 'it needs intent' 'you need to prove it's happening' etc yet you've spent days (weeks?) complaining about a user's signature for something that you swear is 'explicitly' genocidal

ha

ha

ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

So, explain to me how a picture in a signature shows intent? I'm struggling with the whole signature thing to be honest.

And again, seeing as you state the claim of genocide is "ludicrous", why did SA take a case and why did the ICJ find the case "plausible".

I doubt you think the ICJ is ludicrous but there's no apparent consistency in your posts as regards basic logic.

I certainly do think that a signature of the Palestinian flag with "from the river to the sea" might trigger some but given exactly the same graphic and the phrase has been used by Israel, it's seems hypocritical to be outraged by it.

We are in agreement with war crimes - any and all Hamas and IDF crimes should be investigated and this found culpable brought to justice.

"I'm struggling with the whole signature thing to be honest."

Are you now? If I stuck a swastica in my signature would I be signalling a lack of intent?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yes I am in the context of what was said.

I've no idea - why don't you give it a go?

• Advertisement

I would have thought overlaying a Palestinian flag over the whole mandate of Palestine must mean something?

Israel did it with the Israeli flag.

Netanyahu and Likud use the phrase "from the river to the sea"

I'm just struggling as to why people are outraged by one but not the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

12 UN staff so far accused of taking part in the mass-rape/mass-murder attacks of 7 October against the Jews and others.

I wonder how much influence they have had over the UN narrative the meantime. How can we trust what the 'UN' says now. It would explain why the UN has been seen to be so biased against Israel, instead of being balanced. UN has lost much of its credibility now. Well played by the radical Islamists though, they have really made fools out of the UN, and so easily.

It's not really a UN anymore at all is it? If it was honest it would call itself now the Divided Nations, at least that would be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭tandcapply

"Britain, Italy, the Netherlands and Finland became the latest countries to pause funding for the United Nations' refugee agency for Palestinians (UNRWA), following allegations that some of its staff were involved in the 7 October Hamas attacks on Israel.

The United States, Australia and Canada had already paused funding to the aid agency, a critical source of support for people in Gaza, after the allegations by Israel. The agency said yesterday that it had opened an investigation into several employees and severed ties with those people.

Encouraging more donor suspensions, Israeli foreign minister Israel Katz said UNRWA should be replaced once fighting in the enclave dies down and accused UNRWA of ties to Islamist militants in Gaza.

"In Gaza's rebuilding, @UNRWA must be replaced with agencies dedicated to genuine peace and development," he added on X."

https://www.rte.ie/news/middle-east/2024/0127/1428918-israel-gaza/

"Israel did it with the Israeli flag"

They did. I'd be equally suspicious of the motives of someone overlaying the Israeli flag over the whole mandate area too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

Statistics. The only genocide in the Middle East is the genocide of Christians who have gone from 20% of the population to 4% of the population of the Middle East - that's a genocide as the radical Islamists wipe them out.

The only other likely genocide in the Middle East is that of the Jews, who, surrounded by 21 countries and c. 300 millions Muslims next door (and 1.5bn in the wider area) who want to wipe them off the face of the earth 'From The River To The Sea' as you say. There's only 15m Jews left on earth and 7m in Israel, why do so many support killing all the Jews? You seem to be on their side, can I ask why? They are an endangered species now. That is what Palestine stands for. That is all that Palestine stands for now. That is why Palestine will never want a Two State Solution. Do you really understand why Palestine will never want a Two-Solution? Do you want one?

What was the population of the Palestinian Territories in 1967? What was it in 2000? What is it now? The chart looks like the growth of Tik Tok, to call it a "genocide" is either statistically incorrect or 'you know what' and delusional.

Statistically, factually, it is, literally, the opposite of a genocide, look at the growth of Palestinians! What is in those Israeli bombs? Fertiliser? 750k Palesintians in 1967 to what now, 13 million? Why do they have so many babies if they cannot afford them? I presume that only the most ardent of Anti-Semites are calling this population explosion a 'genocide' and if you are really not one then do not side with their the Anti-Statistics-Anti-Semitics, as if they have been programmed to do by the ideology of hate. Why do they hate the Jews so much? Do you know why? I bet you do not. You know the Palestinians mass-raped their women and girls (and children), no wonder they are upset. Do not google: "hamas sex crimes" it would blow your mind.

Remember what the Palestinians did to the Jordanians after they took them in after the 1967 war? These people do not appear to be able to do 'peace'. And their boss, Iran, have bombed like 7 countries in the last year or so, do you think these monsters are suddenly going to live in 'peace' with you after they've killed all they Jews? Do you really? You know you're next right?

Post edited by Rezident on

The UN allegations are shocking and must be thoroughly investigated. If proven, justice must be served.

""When I see Palestinian citizens escaping into Sinai, the way Lebanese citizens escape toward Beirut when there is a round of fire against Israel -- we will then know that the deterrence has been achieved.""

Israel Katz, Israel's Transport Minister, in the Orthodox Hebrew website B'Hadrei Haredim on November 11. Katz's mention of Lebanese citizens escaping refers to an Israeli attack on Lebanon in 2006 which displaced close to a million Lebanese citizens, and killed over 1,300.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Nobody took the bait or had any interest in your ignorance. Some way to spend a Saturday evening 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭boetstark

Not really bothered.

This is a forum for posting opinions and that's what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Israel is about to open up another front in there war it seems.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 18,470 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There are 13,000 Palestinians working for the UN.

Using this logic, the West should withdraw all aid and cooperation with Israel because of the numerous war criminals (clearly) operating inside the IDF's ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭howiya

The claim that Israel is unique among democracies in actively targeting journalists is well founded unless you can provide examples of other such democracies. I expect you'll most likely respond something something Hamas.

Post edited by howiya on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Over 800 attacks by Hezbollah so far since they joined in the assault against Israel.

No other society should or could stand for it.

Good reference.

This is why the IDF does not convict soldiers who kill journalists (and other innocents):

Shlomo Zipori, a former chief defense attorney of the Military Advocate General’s unit, who represents soldiers in criminal cases.”

Zipori is also concerned for soldiers’ futures. “If you convict him, you’ll ruin his life,” he said. “There are more than 50 professions he can’t do in civilian life for 17 years if he’s convicted.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

It's a crazy amount and I agree, it's hard to stand for that. So the solution?

Bomb and attack Hezbollah, their fighters and arms depot's or just bomb Lebanon indiscriminately and end up with more civilians dead compared to Hezbollah?

Just want to get your opinion before it happens. Israel have had plenty of time to plan a response, it's vastly different than the surprise Oct 7 attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yeah the rank hypocrisy of these countries, in the same breath they suspend aid they will approve more military supplies to the campaign of ethnic cleansing/genocide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I'd be curious if Biden bypasses Congress again for the next Israeli purchase of weapons. Definitely puts him in a tricky spot or just let Congress make the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Im not sure anyone wants anything other than the former. Hopefully Hez send civilians away so this can be achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭tandcapply

The last few comments seem to be an outrage about the killing of journalists.

Let's keep the whataboutery going. A few KMs north of Israel, during the interal civil war in Syria to 05/2023 (not final yet). A report by Syrian human rights body:

"The report documents the killing of 715 journalists and media workers, including seven children and six women (adult females), as well as nine foreign journalists and 52 journalists who died due to torture, and the injury of no fewer than 1,603 others at the hands of the parties to the conflict and controlling forces

"

In my opinion, we can post here in Ireland day and night, take the (unproven) moral high ground and it'll do F all to change anything. Might make things worse again due to some ideology and rules that are yet to be proven in any war or conflict.

I'd like to read the report about the rule based, proportionate conflict.

Even a fist fight at a bar is unlikely to be proportionate and with no other parties involved.

Not justifying any of what's going on in the world, or specifically in the middle east at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Field east

Talking about an OWN GOAL if ever there was a one. 12 , apparently , have been identified as being involved in the 7th October massacre. It is reasonable to expect that there were even more involved. And is this the only activity they got up to re supporting Hamas. They were in a unique position to transfer information /supplies including medicines, fuel, etc to Hamas. I can see the Israelis doubling down even further because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭mattser

Thought I was hearing things on the news earlier. This is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭SeanW

Entirely correct! So much of this really boils down to one thing: many people want one less Jewish state in the world (of the one that exists) and one more Arab-Muslim state (added to the dozen or so that already exist). It's not about a 2 state solution, or the Gaza Strip or the West Bank or some other piece of land, it's that they want the Jews gone. Israel only makes up something like 1% of the Middle East if even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Advertisement
Advertisement