Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to avoid paying tax on investments? Thinking long term when I cash out.

• 25-01-2024 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scrotist

I'm in my 30s (single, no kids, no house) and have about €30k in stocks. Yes, I am a super millionaire.

But I plan to keep on adding to my investments until I'm in my 50s I guess. And then cash out when I hopefully am a millionaire. About 20 years of growth.

I'd rather not pay deemed disposal or capital gains tax here. I don't agree with deemed disposal, and CGT and "exit tax" is too high. Dividends are a nightmare.

What would you do if you wanted to plan 20 years ahead and cash out most of your investments while suffering the least amount of tax headache?

I see Belgium and New Zealand has 0% CGT. Can't really see myself living in those countries though.

In all seriousness, has anybody here considered moving tax residency in the future to cash out your long term investments? How would you plan it?

If not, how would you plan it anyway hypothetically?

I'm not trying to illegally avoid taxes, I am trying to set up my tax situation legally so I can get the most value out of my investments as possible.

Comments

Advertisement