Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden patio options

Options
  • 28-01-2024 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Approx 100 sqm area to cover for the patio.

My wife if not keen on patio tiles or slabs as she reckons in a few years our heart will be broken pulling out the weeds in the pointing

We are considering bringing out the polished concrete floor from the the kitchen/diner/living area (different finish for safety purposes) but I think that will be prohibitively expensive

We had a landscaper in and he suggested regular concrete but I think that will give it a yard type effect

Are there any alternatives we havent considered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Imprinted concrete, many designs & colours to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Natural stone paving, properly installed with sealed joints will provide a superior, robust & troublefree finish. All surfaces require annual maintenance, most more than natural stone. Beware of overpromises and under deliverables! Jointed with Flowpoint guarantees strength and no weeds ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

my dad has a patio which I’m pretty sure is just concrete with some sort of pigment in it to give it a bit of colour. Probably best part of 40 years down now. It’s great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭MacDanger

We're doing a 60m2 patio at the moment - hardcore base with concrete on top and 10mm thick R11 tiles; we're hoping the concrete base will avoid future weed problems. Make sure you get the slope right so that rainwater doesn't pool in it

• Advertisement
Advertisement