Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Europe doesn't have the manufacturing capacity and hasn't ramped it up over the last two years except in a few niche areas.

Unless US aid resumes, or European countries finance the purchase of US stocks, Ukraine will effectively fall this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I just can’t believe with how Iran had backed Hamas and how Russia is cosying up to Iran that Israel isn’t happy to see Russia defeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Europe has surpassed the US's figure for military aid, that's hardly sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

That's also excluding the financial support the EU provides Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Seems a lot of holes appearing in the Ukrainian defences.

They just aren’t been given what they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I see this grand gas pipeline to China from Russia has been postponed indefinitely.

Reason: no Russian labour to build it. It'll only be built if China agrees to Chinese labour be used in Russia to build it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

European countries donated surplus weaponry and then some, but now that there's not much left to give, they are clearly moving on to building up stockpiles and (re)arming for the next conflict. Just look at some of the recent statements where many military leaders are saying there's limited time left to prepare for the next war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Have there been any videos of trains travelling through Russia transporting the next batch of weapons? I'd love to see what type of artillery, tanks and BMP's are being sent.

I still can't get over how much Russia has considering the daily losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Delayed , not prostponed indefinitely by all accounts it's supposed to start this year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

Conversation with a Russian colleague some time ago, went something like this:-

Hey Maxim, you like the Vodka a lot, dont you?

Maxim: Sure, I like the vodka, but nothing special.

How much can you drink, Maxim?

Normally, one bottle at home, before going out. then another bottle in the restaurant, waiting for the meal, and chatting. Its a very nice feeling, being with my friends and drinking. Then I have my 3rd bottle. Normalno

And what do you do after the 3rd bottle, Maxim?

Simple... I take out my pistol and start shooting, just for fun. I am a very good shot.

End of conversation.

Chinese labour..

And we'll see. It was western expertise put those other pipelines there for Russia. That's gone now.

Looks bad for dear leader Putin. Embarrassing for his vanity.

• Advertisement

Still more than likely to go ahead , China won't walk away being it's going to massively benefit them especially if they want to take Taiwan in the future

They mightn't walk away. But they'll be getting things more in their order first. Russia needs China more than China needs Russia. China hasn't opened a war with Taiwan and may never will. It could still keep operating the way it is.

The way this is going China won't be invading Russia but Putin will be handing it over to them.

Russians are asked about China. (uploaded today)

Did someone @jmreire mention when you speak Russian and hold a gun then a sudden urge occurs to buy an American or European 4x4 with blacked out windows?

A Russian soldier on checkpoint tells a Kadyrov "Thou shall not pass for kidnapped children tonight".

Very interesting read, and a good explanation of Putin's actions.

Big black 4x4's with blacked out windows....and Russian Society. A Chechen colleague explained to me how it worked and gave me some solid advice. Here he said, a family will club together to buy a big black 4x4 with tinted windows. Once you are in a vehicle like this, no one will bother you, even at checkpoints. If someone does stop you, you will shout angrily at him, why did you stop me? Do you know who I am? And in most cases, the policeman will apologize, salute you, and wave you on. And this was borne out by a policeman friend when I asked him what kind of job being a policeman in Russia was. He replied, for me, not so good....the ones who I can stop, have no money, and I'm not allowed to stop the rich ones. And on one occasion, I had a FSB offcer in the car I was driving (ordinary car, not 4x4) and was stopped by the police. He demanded my documents, which I gave him, he studied them for a minute without saying anything, and then with the same finger snapping arrogance, demanded the ID from my passenger, of course, not knowing that he was FSB. The officer took his ID out, opened it up, and held it up for the police man to see. Still not aware of who he was dealing with, the police man got even tougher, snapping his fingers and even louder than before demanding that he be handed the ID. The FSB man refused, telling him to come around to his side to inspect his ID. So he went around to the passenger side, and got to see his ID. Talk about turning a paler shade of white,,,, And the other thing he told me? Don't ever in any shape or form, get in the way of any big black 4x4's, cause them to slow down or stop. All good solid advice.

One can only imagine what the consequences would be if you stopped a blacked out SUV ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Paddigol

It's just an internet discussion. Again, why do some posters take it as a personal sleight if someone comes at something from an angle they don't like?

"Looks like", is not a statement of fact, it's a comment on some new story, inviting others to discuss. The constant gloating over someone apparently getting something wrong is a real pain in the ass on here.

We're all well able to read and make up our own minds, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭zv2

Naryshkin: Ukraine under Zelensky will face a sad fate

Gleb Sotnikov

An unenviable fate awaits Ukraine with the existing regime. Russia is not going to abandon its plans. This statement was made by the director of the Foreign Intelligence Service of the Russian Federation Sergei Naryshkin in a conversation with journalist Pavel Zarubin. A fragment of the dialogue was published on his Telegram channel.

FOLLOW OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL

Up-to-date news about significant events in our lives

Subscribe

"The fate of Ukraine in the form in which the country exists now, under the regime that rules there, is very sad. Russia will not stop halfway, in the philosophical sense of the word," Naryshkin stressed.

Earlier, the director of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service noted that the likelihood of new provocations against the Russian Federation due to Western defeats in Ukraine is very high, but a long-term effect should not be expected from them.

On Sunday, Hungarian right-wing politician László Toroczkai, speaking in Budapest at the congress of the Our Homeland party, said that in the event of Ukraine's defeat, Transcarpathia could go to Hungary. According to him, if "the statehood of Ukraine ceases, then Our Motherland, as the only party in Hungary, will lay claim to Transcarpathia."

Naryshkin: Ukraine under Zelensky will face a sad fate - Rossiyskaya Gazeta (rg.ru)

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭pcardin

Almost believable until the pistol part. Maxim being a liar cnut as every ruSSkiy is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vswr

Your last line is a very dangerous/naïve assumption :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

You have to read back on the poster in question. He has a history of slating people who post random tweets that end up being misleading or fake. Why shouldn't he be put to the same standard he puts others at?

When people don't get corrected we end up with pages of discussions about a big breakthrough by the Russians who killed 300 Ukrainians and injured 200, when in fact only a dozen were killed. So the big breakthrough was more like a small recon group etc..

Why make it up ,

You try to counter a post by confirming it actually happened, then waffle on about misinformation that in over two years you've not corrected a single post while having your own claims repeatedly corrected...

What was in the other day oh I know all all about TOW missles in Ukraine picked a random number of 9000,

Correct information says only around 2500 delivered ..

Post edited by Gatling on

Russia claims to have taken the town of Tabaivka in Kharkiv, Ukraine says there is still fighting going on over the town .

If it was only one, it might be OK, but 2 or more? Be prepared to be surrounded in seconds by some heavily armed no -nonsense types. And the language barrier wouldn't be a problem either, you would understand perfectly what they wanted you to do!!! 🙁

No, it was perfectly true, as he proved later on the same evening when he gave a demonstration. And guess what? No one was surprised. What was a surprise was that no one else did the same thing, because I was at other "events" where several of the party goers did take out their guns and fired several shots. And then had a discussion about the relative merits of the guns they were using. On another occasion, I visited a street market or boot sale if you like, with a friend and when we got there, I asked him was he looking for anything in particular, and he replied " I'm looking for an underarm holster for my pistol" much the same and as casually as I would day " I'm looking for a spare wheel for my car" Its a different world...

While in Russia, all conscript terms have been increased indefinitely.....once you are in, that's it, no guarantee when or if you will get home again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement