Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why those countries in particular?

Why isn't Cyprus doing anything? Or Lebanon?

That wasn't asked.

This may come as a surprise but while not everything is about bigotry, some things very plainly are.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,538 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Because the allegations are just that - allegations - and may be entirely baseless. They come a regime known to have only a passing relationship with the truth.

This is entirely what I'd expect a neutral country to do. Jumping because someone asked you to jump is what you do in military alliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

No concrete proof of any wrongdoing yet, just accusations from the Nazis. If it's proven by all means then cut the funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭tinytobe

I often don't feel welcome in a society with takes sides with Palestina and Hamas.

You're the one asking a neutral country to take sides here.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Well you know where the airports and seaports are if you want to leave, sorry for not buying Israeli propaganda without a massive dose of salt.

The allegations also may reportedly come from information derived from torture, famously reliable for yielding unreliable intelligence.

Israel may be trying to eliminate the UNWRA from the situation as part of efforts to ensure Palestinians lose their right of return, people whom are registered with the agency, by trying to nuke the credibility of the agency and call their records into disrepute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭SeanW

By "your kind" I mean people on the Left, which I assume you are. And yes, the modern Left views everything through a prism of race and they regularly play the race card and accuse people who disagree with them of being racists or bigots or some other such epithet.

Again, my position on Ukraine is clear: I'm on their side. Full stop.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Those countries will cut aid funding over these allegations and in the same breath sign off on billions more in weaponry to the IDF, who also have members who execute civilians holding up a white flag, so they can continue their campaign of ethnic cleansing across Gaza and the West Bank.

We don't want to be like those countries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its not about supporting unrwa - Its about making sure that aid gets into gaza

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭TokTik

Would you expect them to drop a bomb on it that would take out 58 football pitches worth of Dublin around it?? Like Israel does??

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,360 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Bit hypocritical. No? As I said, Cairo is closer to Kyiv than Dublin yet where is your demands that we take Egyptian lack of support for Ukrainians as proof Ireland should stop giving them help?

Russia is Israel and Israel is Russia. Ukrainians are the Palestinians. The main difference being the ethnicity and/or religion.......unless you want to count the fact that Ukraine (as clearly evidenced) is far more plausible as a military or security threat to Russia than Gazan's are to Israel. Russia's excuse is that Ukraine were a military threat to them so they had to invade. I don't think that that excuse holds any water but one would have to objectively say that Ukraine would be far more of an existential threat to Russia than the women and kids of Gaza are to the massively resource Israel and it's military machine.

People called out Daly and Wallace for having inconsistent and completely opposite and contradictory views on Israel vs. Russia. Because they are pro-Russia and anti-Israel Some of the same people actually completely reverse Daly and Wallace's views and claim to be pro-Israel and anti-Russia, but seem oblivious to their own hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Guarantee even if its proven some of the workers were involved in Oct the 7th the Government here won't stop sending money.

Those countries who suspended the aid were 100% correct.

By "your kind" I mean people on the Left, which I assume you are. 

Bigotry...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They've been finding Hamas rockets and other weapons at UNRWA sites for years it's Hamas masquerading as a UN entity,it's corrupted and poisoned cut it off completely

Well, I don't want to be like Ireland, that's all I can say here. I am on the side of Israel and Hamas and Hezbola are terrorists to me. Also Jewish is a lot closer to me than Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

Any reliable source for your outland dish claims?

Please stop coming on here and making up ****.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

Looking at your profile picture, I would say, you're very biased.

We just have very very different opinions, that's very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭SeanW

Cairo is on a different continent to Kyiv! Europe has a much biggest investment in the Russo-Ukraine war as we know that Putler has designs on much more of Europe, that Ukraine for him is just a stepping stone for more European conquest. In short, it's our "neighborhood". Cairo, by contrast, is likely to be more concerned with Arab affairs given that they are on a different continent with different concerns.

And Ukraine is like Israel - surrounded by mortal enemies that want to wipe them out. And Iran is backing both Russia and Hamas, and it's no co-incidence that Hamas timed it's attack for Putler's birthday, the 7th of October.

Daly and Wallace are fully consistent - they obviously hate what they perceive to be Western civilisation and side with monsters like Putler, the Ayatollahs of Iran and Hamas. They are evil, but at least they are clear and consistent about it.

• Advertisement

There are starving people there who should be the main priority.

Collective punishment is not acceptable. Nor is giving into Israeli bullying tactics to indirectly assist it in its genocidal aims

Just opinions, not facts? They asked what the facts are. Profiling someone based on eg. a profile picture, is also exercising biases.

The attempt at the mental gymnastics is impressive - albeit the gymnastics themselves less so

Egypt and the UAE are also on a different continent to Israel and Gaza. What's your point? UAE is much farther away from this conflict than Cyprus is, so why name them, if not for bigoted reasons.

Are you going to even attempt to reconcile your weird idea that a neutral country should suddenly jump and take sides?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭victor8600

I support Israel, but you cannot just cut support for people of Gaza because of some UNRWA workers being terrorists. The UN created "Palestinian refugees", now Gazans are basically helpless without external agencies feeding and supporting them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

F'ing hell, considering the ICJ specifically said Israel needs to make an effort to stop people promoting genocide

"

In front of an impassioned audience of thousands of right-wing activists, 11 government ministers and 15 coalition lawmakers pledged Sunday night to rebuild Jewish Israeli settlements in the heart of the Gaza Strip, with some also encouraging the emigration of the Palestinian population after the war with Hamas is over.

Smotrich and Ben Gvir, together with six coalition MKs, signed what was dubbed the “Covenant of Victory and Renewal of Settlement,” which pledged that the signatories would “grow Jewish settlements full of life” in the Gaza Strip.

Alongside them, Communications Minister Shlomo Karhi of Netanyahu’s ruling Likud party also called for building settlements in Gaza and “encouraging voluntary emigration.”

But Karhi went further than his fellow ministers, saying that the war imposed on Israel by the Hamas terror group meant that Gazan civilians could now be coerced into saying they want to leave the territory.

Similarly, one banner in the crowd said, “Only a transfer [of Palestinians from Gaza] will bring peace.”

Speaking during the conference, Nachala chairwoman and veteran settler activist Daniella Weiss also endorsed the idea of having Gazans leave the territory.

“Millions of war refugees go from country to country around the world,” she declared, asking why “only the monsters who grew in Gaza and turned this beautiful part of the land into a ghost land — only they should be connected to it? They, specifically, can’t move from a land they turned into hell and from where they threaten to destroy Israel?

“Only the people of Israel will settle the entire Gaza Strip and will rule the entire Gaza Strip,” she concluded."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/12-ministers-call-to-resettle-gaza-encourage-gazans-to-leave-at-jubilant-conference/

Well I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that Palestinian flag. The presence of Palestinian flags in Ireland is bothersome to me.

In the end the discussion leads nowhere.

Or should I fly the Union Jack in Dublin? You'd like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I am pretty sure it's a stitch up by Israel. They have always hated that UNRWA kept Palestinians alive. 12 accused out of 12,000 is miniscule and their evidence was elicited using torture. Many UNRWA workers have been killed in Israel's genocidal war but they don't apologise for that. Removing UNRWA will fast track the famine and disease which meets Israel's objectives.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Advertisement