Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Stillorgan needs parking charges., lots of people dumping cars and getting bus to work/UCD. and with all the new apartments across the road. They’ll be using it as a. Visitor car park or there own parking as the apartments won’t have enough parking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Agree tbf they just need a validator system - 2 hours parking for free and get your ticket validated with a purchase over 10 euro etc like LIDL do

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭maisie45

The carpark is monitored so dont think you would get away with that.

If they introduce charges people will go to the small Dunnes on Newtown Avenue, free parking and right at the door. Or else even more people will go to Cornelscourt.

They wont pay parking to shop in Tesco if they can go somewhere else just as convenient and Tesco would be a big draw for stillorgan shopping centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,214 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I don't think I'll ever quite get the obsession for people who are happy to go out and spend on food, drink, shopping, entertainment but expect society at large to subsidise their need for storage space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

I thought it was already paid parking.

Isnt is 2 euros for 2 hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭cobham

Parking charges apply to the Lidl car park. Stillorgan is 'free' for up to 3 hrs ... not sure what happens after that? is it actually monitored? they are proposing to bring in hourly charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They do have guys who walk around and log reg plates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Anymore what? I don't ever remember the cannibalism of carpenters ever being very popular in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Indian Spices, Dundrum.

Dunnes in stillorgan is closing down. Surprised it's lasted so long tbh never seemed to be very busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

The Kiosk in DLSC is to close down this Saturday been there years end of an era

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Anyone know why McDonalds in Frascati is closed? Passsed it today and it's shut with no indication of a refit, emergency repairs or suggested reopening date.

Frascati website says 'closed until further notice' ... https://frascaticentre.ie/mcdonalds/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Moving2017

There was a leak in the ceiling over the kitchen that caused some damage - they were working on it the last time I was in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There was a bad leak. My guess is that due to the recency of the construction on that whole building, that its probably an ongoing insurance company bun-fight between the contractor, the building owner/operator, and the franchisee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

No way, I did wonder how they were managing to hold on. Always remember the queues for tickets back in the day. Tis a changing world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Shocked at Bella baby. Always packed when passing it. I popped on their socials and the notice was mentioning relocating rather than closing so perhaps moving to another location in the shopping centre or nearby

Wouldn't agree with you about Blackrock. Some great restaurants recently opened, there's a nice atmosphere around the place I love what they've done with the main street it's so much better than before

I dont, so packed and people clogging the pavements while drinking pints.

The street furniture is dirty too and tired of seeing overweight people eating chips and burgers on the street..

The pidgeons are disgusting and you cant sit out without birds almost tucking into your lunch.

Traffic non stop too as the cars that cant turn left onto the street are going round in circles.

Lashing rain most of time too, I know I an a moan.😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Agreed, first time in Blackrock in quite a while recently and it was great. So much so we went back again the following weekend to try another cafe for lunch! Some fantastic food and drink choices along the main street and no traffic clogging the street. Council has done a great job there. How anyone would be opposed to this is beyond me.

And dear lord Maise, give it a break will you!

• Advertisement

I disagree with almost entirely everything you've said. I've seen the odd person sitting outside the wicked wolf having a pint, no issues. Can't say I've seen any other side of the road, just plenty of people sitting out enjoying a coffee and chat.

Paths are not clogged, busy at times but that's a sign of success. It's a main street after all. Talking about pigeons and overweight people you're just making up stuff now. Maybe city living isn't for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,136 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i have to say the blackrock changes are a success imo, plenty of people eating outside the various cafes etc you couldnt say it hasnt been a good thing.

They need to do something similar in dalkey, the main street isnt suitable as a two way road any longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Blut2

The Blackrock changes are great. They make it actually nice to have a coffee/some food outdoors now, a far cry from before when it was just a street of traffic.

Its being reflected in all the restaurants and cafes opening now too, its becoming a real foodie destination. Its consistently busy too, so most people obviously agree.

They need to get rid of the last few parking spaces along the main street now. That and revamp the waterfront area which is currently the car parks into a more usable mini-park with greenery, seating etc like in those plans that did the rounds a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They need to make the path between the DART station and Blackrock wider.

Post edited by ted1 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Opening Minds in both Stillorgan and Dun Laoghaire are marked as permanently closed in Google searches. Only noticed this yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

Ballinteer too, going on line by the looks of thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,136 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Explorium re opening tmrw, junior section (0-7) first,

Glad to hear that.

I dont want a foodie destination, seriously can people not go out for a walk without buying coffee and cake.

I had to stop and wait for two dog owners to separate their dogs recently, minding my own business when one attacked the other, one of the owners was drinking coffee while the dog was roaming on a long leash.

Everyone posting that its great doesnt live there, Im in the village most days, you cant buy as much as a pair of socks now and I dont drink coffee so no, more coffee shops isnt a plus for me.

The birds are a total nuisance, couldnt eat anything with them landing in front of me, couldnt relax at all. Nothing wrong with making that point.

Its still a street of traffic and the cars are even closer to you than they were before.

You are making it sound like a peaceful utopia, its a traffic fumed area but so what, you need two way traffic in towns and villages, it works better thst way otherwise traffic is diverting onto residential streets or taking twice as long to reach destinations thereby polluting twice as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭cobham

Thindi in Dundrum ( in shadow of Luas bridge in old school book outlet) is looking close to opening. A pallet of large cardboard boxes delivered today... looks like food items!

Advertisement