Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crimecall RTE1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ah you see mate ,that’s the problem you take away the crux of the issue from the original sentiment in the first place..Oh and details of the offence do need to be highlighted for the public interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

WTF is a "neutral accent"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,605 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Are we at cross purposes? The only bit of the original sentiment that I was questioning was those who suggested that details off the offences should be broadcast on the show. That was the bit I was challenging.

yep my opinion bud was in relation as to why the details are given out in Crrimewatch Uk and not Criimecall , thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

These fuckers in Balbriggen. Terrible.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Probably way too early for Dublin riot footage, it was only 25 days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Evil b@$t@®d$ in this world. I remember when the innocent young apprentice plumber died, wrong place, wrong time. It was shocking and chilling. Can't believe it was 17 years ago.

M

Not the brightest spark going in to a bank unmasked to commit fraud.

Ms

Yes me too. Yes it's terrible to think it's that long and still the bastards that done it have not been caught. Its a disgrace. Our Garda should be ashamed about that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    M

Not sure how they can put ages on fully masked up people from CCTV.

Well done Mervin,yer Mammy will be proud of ya!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Don't understand why when a security alarm goes off in a building that all lights come on automatically. Would be very effective.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

He should be easily recognisable. That's his Christmas ruined, good enough for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭baldbear

Dark clothing, hats and again mid 20s. Did ya ever hear such shoite.

M

Gardaí having no storage at their stations to store their riot gear and having to go back to their homes to pick this gear up and then return to Dublin City Centre is like something out of Father Ted.

• Advertisement
    M

And with that the 2023 season of croyme comes to an end.

Ms

It's a disgrace yes and yes it's a joke of a situation by the sounds if it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

M

That's not a knife 😂

First crime of tonight's show is the fake eyelashes on the female Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Dumbest criminal in Cork trying to Rob a shop with a drumstick

• Advertisement

LMAO at the guy who tried to commit a robbery with what looked like Harry Potter's wand. WTF?

Awful cross for that family to carry for 40 years. At this late stage, I don't think they'll get answers unfortunately.

M

That's a knife 😂

At least she made an effort. Presenter is wearing her oul trackie bottoms.

M

I had to Google sallow skin...

Sallow skin refers to skin that has lost its natural complexion. It can happen due to some health conditions, such as anemia or a vitamin deficiency. As your skin ages, it's natural to notice increasing dryness, wrinkling, and thinness. But sallow skin isn't a natural sign of aging — it has external causes.

That petrol pilferer has got bigger problems than being identified tonight. He's thick as 2 planks. He's nailed on for a conviction.

He should be on Ireland's Dumbest Criminals. It's like he thought he wouldn't be recorded prior to putting up his hoodie and putting the petrol in. SMH. Throw in the cloned plates and all that entails. The Guards should be knocking at his door tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭CH3OH

That shoplifting is hardly worthy of being on crimecall.

And yes it is a crime

M

The lad at the bar with the full pint in front of him is not taking any notice of the goings on 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Never knew it originally meant unhealthy

sallow

adjective

(of a person's face or complexion) of an unhealthy yellow or pale brown colour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Wouldn't take it to mean that. It'd be used to describe a white Irish person with dark skin

• Advertisement

M

I'm surprised they still allow cars to refuel before payment, margins are so low a single driveoff would kill a days profit on fuel.

M

Lol a tin whistle robbery.

Crimecall calling on all whistle blowers to come forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The gardai are taking notes on the robbery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Kalimah

What drives me mental about this program is that we never get the full info about the robberies. Take in the one in Templeogue. Where exactly? What was the point of the bit of CCTV - we couldn’t see anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Stations could have pre-pay all day. I guess they make the big profits on people going to the shop to pay and then buying other things.

Carla closed off that we can watch clips back on the RTE Player. That's surely a first? I don't remember Crimecall ever being available to watch after its initial airing.

M

Yes it's a good idea, they used to even cut the show from the RTÉ1+1 channel so no way to repeat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Great description of one of the lads on CCTV, "he's in his twenties or late thirties".

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Butson

Does it really warrant somebody being plastered all over national tv for robbing a couple of bottles of wine?

All that is going on in the country and thats what they put out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The local knowledge is that the killing was carried out by off duty gardai and a big cover up was made. It's such a miscarriage of justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

At the very end of the pub robbery on the top right, a man in a greenish jersey looking garment seems about to throw something at the escaping robbers. Did he pull back?

Certainly nobody seemed to have followed them out the door.

Why did they bother stealing everybody's phones, then it said they tossed the phones and empty wallets soon after leaving?

Seemed like a fairly foolhardy move against a crowd of lads in the put - could easily have turned into another Browns Restaurant scenario where the hunters become the hunted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The cctv in some of these clips is dreadful.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Amazing how they mention things like

“spoke with a hint of a cork accent”

”one of the men spoke with a local accent”

no mention then of words like foreign accent when describing other men, even when they say they spoke to the victim. Surely the entire point of the show is too put as much information in the public domain as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

I'm a cash only man, but the lack of ATMs these days (and the low limits on the generic ones) means when I do withdraw I take out 600- 800 from one of the few left operated by a bank.

Obviously I leave the bulk of it hidden at home if I'm gone out for a drink, but if on a normal evening I ever go the chipper or chinese I leave the bulk of it at home for exactly what happened in this pub- although TBH I've never even heard of it here before, all the customers getting robbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Doolittle51

90% of the cctv footage on the show is completely useless. The clips from Aldi/Lidl were awful quality, must use their own stock of cheap electronics for their cctv systems.

I don't understand why shops don't have cameras at eye level on entry/exit points. Those overhead cameras are useless for identifying people, even if the quality is good, the camera angle often means there's no clear shot of the persons face.

Ms

Yes if course it does. Them few bottles of wine add up and if you let people away with a crime then they will do it again for more. It costs us all something when someone robs like this as its a loss to the shop and then prices have to go up so they can survive. Imagine if there was no Roberies at all everything would be so much cheaper but no these selfish people have to try and Rob. I was in Dublin yesterday and seen a thug trying to Rob clothes and wait for it washing powder from Dunnes. The security guards were having none of it and got it back of him but he got away with some clothes. Can't wait to see that one on Crimcall.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Jesus you'd miss Sharon and Greg guffawing away at each other, wondering how quick they'd get out of the place for a sneaky ride.

• Advertisement
Advertisement