Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

Did Melanie steal Hughie's key and she's in cahoots with the car thief?

Mondo mentioned his good friend Decco that used to live in Babs house. But, am I remembering it wrong or did Mondo cheat with Decco's missus Kerri Ann and was a possibility to be the father of her child?

Guess that last scene answers my question. So disappointed in Mel 😕 . Good twist though. Maybe they should pair her with James. They've a lot in common. Ruthless and Ambitious in equal measure

Post edited by Otis Hill on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭littlevillage

This is a brilliant surprise twist. Great to see Goo Eyes 👀 back. He might just be the best thing in Fair City. Melanie is really breaking bad, she will be cooking up Meth in Deans van next.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,323 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The size of the knife pulled on Hughie 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A few years back when Melaine/Alex were sleeping in a car Melaine wouldn't have stolen a blanket to keep Alex warm. I don't know where her morals and principals have gone over the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭con747

Looks like everyone in Fair City has Goo Eyes on speed dial.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

I actually thought Huey was going to accuse Melanie of being involved in the theft of the car in the pub before the big reveal, such was the set up of it. Still wasn't a bad twist but you can't help but think how does Melanie know goo eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Joan knows Goo eyes so Melanie probably knows him through her.

And speaking of Joan, when is she actually coming back? We keep hearing she's back and last week they said "next week" was when she'll be back but the next episode isn't until Thursday so if she doesn't appear then she may as well take the rest of the week off. It'd be typical of her to start work on a Sunday though

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

That episode was all over the place.

Zoe and Juliet in the pub and it’s night time it seems. The lady from the community centre in the background drinking..

Cut to the lads in the community centre having a coffee with the lady behind the counter. She must’ve teleported!

Then over to the smart office with daylight coming in the window.

Then the dinner at bab’s where they leave so early they are expecting a call and will go out later if it is positive news.

Back to the smart office with daylight again coming in and for some bizarre reason Juliet sitting there cause she “couldn’t find Alex”.

And then goo eyes manages to produce a wad of cash a few mins after robbing the car.

PS they make Alex out to be a right doormat. Why do that to the character on top of the sudden decision from Zoe that she doesn’t like him?

You forgot about the hedgehog they have Alex wearing on his head. 😂

I cannot believe Melanie did that to Hughie

I hope we see some comeuppance justice legally for crimes as no one seems to be held accountable

Melanie may need Joan or Claire to be her solicitor

Yeah the timings of the scenes seems bizarre. I couldn't believe when Mondo said they were going out celebrating "later" if it was good news. I assumed that by the time they'd finished dinner at Babs and Victor's and then opened a bottle of wine that it'd be at least past 8pm. What kind of businesses contact PR contractors that late at night to tell them they're hiring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,323 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And I don't know how she's going to integrate the €10k back in to Joan's account, will she say she found it down the back of her desk?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

How will melonhead explain this "sorry Joan I got scammed but he gave back the cash, in a bag"

I assume Goo Eyes is going to blackmail Melanie now

The reason I stopped watching so many shows was the gap in between series releases and this shed rotation is doing my head in. Is it so they hope we all get storyline amnesia or do they hold the viewers in that much disdain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

How does Babs not notice how unfriendly Kira is being and her shell shocked expression during every conversation they have. Very odd when Victor arrived in the pub and he basically just ignored Mondo and Mondo ignored him too. Especially after Victor was the first person Mondo rang to tell him about his big contract and asked him out for a drink to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭Deeec

Kira is normally pretty cold and unfriendly to everyone. She has a permanent 'not pleased' look on her face .

Yeah the pub scene was stupid - them chatting a few steps away from Mondo and right on front of the barman!

Its a storyline moving too fast - we are literally going to see Victor, Babs, Mondo and Kira together constantly now which isnt true to life.

#MoreLines4Fran

"Bizarre" is a word that could be used to describe every episode of Fair City nowadays 😁

But credit where its due, they packed a lot into last nights episode. This might be the template now with losing a weekly episode.

They could have cut out the bumpf that is the Cass, Leo Georgie storyline, which is clearly going nowhere (maybe a concert for the 35th anniversary 'Fair City - the musical' 😂)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I thought we lost an episode so they could film the same amount during the week, only put out 3 episodes and then stop filming for the summer but still have episodes to be shown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

Alex's hair is like the Luke Kelly head statue.

You'd think Babs and Victor would be too old for Mondo and Kira to hang out with

Advertisement