Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yea look I'd no plans on changing but I'd be coming up two years and not having to pay interest would be a sweetener.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just remember, after initial set up, you rarely have to go digging into the screen any more than you would on a BYD, VW, BMW etc

Most of the main functions are there as pinned tabs on the front screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

BYD remains having various items as physical buttons in center console and stalks on steering column and buttons on the steering wheel though.

Buttons are still superior functions for specific tasks regardless of brand.

Similar to the Y in question. Still has stalks. Buttons on wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭fits

What kind of consumption per 100km are people getting in the model y these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭FaaF

So VW had cut the price of their ID4 so that the bottom end of the range undercuts the price of the Model Y. The OTR price still undercuts the Model Y by €1,889.

However, Teslas 0% finance offer now brings the total amount payable for the Model Y on PCP to €1468 that payable for the ID4 Pure 52KW. I know what I'd be going for!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

17 (urban) -21 (motorway) LR. Consumption impacted most by surface water I find, less so by temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

How do you check APR rates on the tesla website?

• Advertisement

PCP on the ID.3 Tour is up this year. We will probably keep it as it’s a brilliant car but obviously looking around too.

It’s a 260 km return trip to Dublin from here. Any car we get needs to be able to do that summer and winter with say 30 km extra for driving around and a buffer. Tour does it easily. Not sure a rwd model y would. No superchargers on route. Basic model 3 probably would but no indicator stalks. Huge turn off. Also v reluctant to go Tesla. 0% finance a big draw all the same.

we do 30000 km a year so efficiency very important.

Based on owners, 400km can be achieved with a bit of effort.

But 370km is more realistic. I’d say the 260km round trip will be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Yes you can easily get 230 out of a full charge even on the basic Model Y RWD ..winter or summer !

Although you're asking about the RWD, the worst day we've had in the LR so far was a very wet day, loads of surface water, 6C, strong headwind in one direction, 50% 120kph, 40% 100kph, 10% 60kph on back roads. We just got the 330km we needed, 100%-1% cabin heating set to 21C, drivers seat set to one rasher, passenger seat set to 2 rashers, no nursing needed. No other trip on that route has worked out at less than 370km range before or after. That day was particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

100% agree. It was something that was on my mind too and is just not a concern now at all

• Registered Users Posts: 39 caiconafita

is this 0 interest on PCP only?

No, HP too. If you look at the site you’ll see the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I just went through the Finance application part via Finance Ireland, and their calculator was quoting 6.9%!

Hoping it's a mistake on their end, rather than Tesla's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Tesla rep just said it's 0% alright so mistake is on the finance Ireland end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

drivers seat set to one rasher, passenger seat set to 2 rashers

I like it... 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

Regarding Range and my experience today.

231 MY LR on 20” wheels.

travelled limerick to Dublin yesterday morning 210 km , temp 2-6 C, battery 100%. Weather sunny but cold and no wind. Kept to 110kph on M7 and 100kph on N7/M50. Consumption = 19kwh/100km. Battery at 48% on arrival

back down today and set home on nav, very windy weather gusting to gale from SW in Dublin . Nav told me i would be short 2% to get to birdhill SC approx 175km away with battery at 47%.

Nav also advised that strong headwind would use more energy.

ignored and set destination to birdhill SC. Nav tells me to keep speed below 105kph to reach destination. Around Naas , Nav advised I wasn’t going to reach BIrdhill SC and advised to charge.

I went to J14 for a top up and charged from 28% to 49% (extortionate price for 19kwh). Drove home (145km) at 120kph.

Arrived home with 7% remaining . Consumption was 24kph/100km for last stint. HeadWind was very strong all the way down . Temp was 12 C

so driving into a gale force head wind and keeping to 120kph gave me an effective range of just 340km .

its my second EV and do the Dublin trip a lot and i know a headwind affects consumption greatly at 120kph.

for context, I’ve driven the full limerick-Dublin 420km round trip during the summer driving at 110kph with no charge required.

one of the first trip i did after collecting car was dub- limerick 210km in horrendous conditions , headwind, heavy rain. While charging at sandyford SC car told me i would need 62% to get home, because of incoming storm from the South west. Lovely day in Dublin and didnt believe it as only used 48% battery on way upto Dublin. So i charged to 55% . Was lucky to reach Birdhill SC.

so needless to say i trust the car on charging levels

PS , wipers are back to their worst on autopilot today, rain was very heavy but wipers weren’t responding , went to manual operation.

"back down today and set home on nav, very windy weather gusting to gale from SW in Dublin . Nav told me i would be short 2% to get to birdhill SC approx 175km away with battery at 47%.

Nav also advised that strong headwind would use more energy.

ignored and set destination to birdhill SC. Nav tells me to keep speed below 105kph to reach destination. Around Naas , Nav advised I wasn’t going to reach BIrdhill SC and advised to charge."

Do you think you'd have made Birdhill on the way back if you hadn't set it as your destination? Slower charging perhaps but cheaper rates than J14.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

i was prepared to go as slow as 100kph to get to birdhill but i reckon i would have need to go to 80-90 kph and I wasn’t doing that on a motorway.

Baaed on the my “effective “ speed of 137kph (120kph + 17th headwind), 24kwh/100km wasn’t too bad.

J14 200kw charger only gave me 74kw, but was only there for 20 mins , but 68c per unit is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Used Ionity in Kill with an ev6 at the weekend. The price was 73c so a little dearer than ESB in J14 but no wait and pulled 191kwh charge, 31-80% in 17 minutes. I never seem to be able to get more than 60 in J14 no matter what the conditions are and usually charge for about 40 minutes. Breaks your heart paying 68c to only pull 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Get her a set of S3XY buttons. Simple to install the controller and loads of stuff you can set the buttons to do, as well as some functions not available on the screen.

I have one set to 2 indicator flash to say thanks to truckers that move over to let me by. One is set to adjust regen. One for the glovebox. I have six buttons.

Can anyone living 130-150 km mostly motorway from Dublin tell me if they regularly make the return journey without needing to charge in a model y rwd?

Easily doable ..efficiency is dependent on multiple factors driving style, acceleration, outside weather and temperature but you should get well in excess of what you mention from a full charge.. If you drive at 140km per hour maybe not! Try to be reassured by the comments from multiple users when you asked similar question 2 days ago

• Advertisement

fits, if you have a reservation number for a Tesla you can join the Tesla Facebook Group where there are more active users and you might get more replies than here.

Advertisement