Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration to Ireland - policies, challenges, and solutions *Read OP before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

🤣🤣🤣

Oh look another conspiracy on housing people seeking refuge.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I mean this surely can't be true.

We have people working all their life and means tested to get one, people working and with the cost of living cannot afford to shell out 70 quid, so suffer in silence.

Then people who arrive here just receive it.

That is blatant discrimination against irish citizens.

It should be the first thing said to anyone canvassing looking for a vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Was this stated categorically, or is this what you defined yourself from someone's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I have been told my children are not Irish. Based on their mixed ethnicity.

The posts have received many thanks. The mods have deleted them.

Are you really going to suggest there aren't multiple posts on this thread bashing everyone who tries to defend immigrants from racists.

Are we really going to suggest posters aren't being labelled open border advocates on this thread.

Is racism wrong?

Yes in all it's guises and should be called out by everyone when it rears it's head.

Even more so when that racism comes from people on your supposed side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

It's unfortunate that immigration has become so divisive, it really is.

The warnings were there, but a kind of Irish exceptionalism meant they were disregarded. When Brexit happened it should have dawned on our policy makers that people would have a problem with very high levels of immigration, particularly in areas where there is a shortage of accommodation (the whole country at the moment). The Irish self congratulation around immigration was premature and misplaced.

While the last year or so has been painful one would hope politicians will now pursue more centrist policies on immigration. The last few weeks have seen some moves in this direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Let there be no doubt, they & their bosses want nothing To do with a backward thinking notion of sovereignty.

Our previous Taoiseach said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DoyDK

Water charge protest = racist.

Lol, you probably just wrote all that in a flurry, but thanks for the laugh 😄

That's up there with any conspiracy theory rant I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭animalinside

I keep locals on interviews saying they're not hateful, they're not racist, and so on, they are just at full capacity.

My question is - why aren't there people like get them the hell out of the country and give them a kick on the way out? That they don't belong here at all? I'm not saying that's the correct way to be, I am saying where are those people?

If we have terrible and crazy people on the left, why don't we see some on the right also?

I've never seen so many passive-aggressive locals in my life. I feel like we've lost something if people that are proud of their nation and their country just aren't too bothered anymore, until they were without a place to live and then some of them took notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I didn't say that though did I.

Water charge protestor >>anti mask>>COVID is a hoax>> nwo>> anti immigrant.

That is the path for many of the "true believers" in Ireland.

Of course not everyone got on at the first stop and some were racists even before the water charges protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭bloopy

• Advertisement

Deleted.

Post edited by DoyDK on

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭maisie45

Day after day courts are dealing with non nationals who have committed serious offences, their victims are usually women.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

According to RTE this morning, planes being chartered for deportations, 5000 to be deported and the Gardai will be knocking on doors, the elections are looming

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭maisie45

They are making absolute fools of us and using the media to make themselves look effective.

Media should be holding those in power to account, abysmal state of affairs.

Doubt if they will deport anyone, the NGOs making a living from this carry on will block all moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭animalinside

They had a look at the opinion polls and are in full-on panic mode. A bit late at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Gussoe

"The refrain 'they're needed to do the jobs the Irish won't do' is the same one Neo-Conservative Republicans used 20 years ago when the Democrats in the U.S were bitching about uncontrolled immigration.

It us a right wing policy, dressed up as left wing compassion."

YES, this is the crux of it. These people have been gaslit. Their liberal bleeding-heart compassion has been cleverly used to hoodwink them into supporting policies that run contrary to their own interests and the interests of their community.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭enricoh

They are crapping themselves with elections a year away at most. If the corporation tax dries up beforehand they might just give sinn Fein the poisoned chalice!

Racism obviously exists, and it's a problem across the world, to some degree or another. However, I've noticed some people seem obsessed with it, particularly in the West. It's almost like they look under their bed for "racists" at night. I hear some people mention it so often, I ponder if it's actually a projection of their own closeted racism. Either that, or they've been propagandised so strongly that they've taken the script and repeat it ad nauseam.

As you know, if one constantly attributes everything to "racism", then that word begins to lose meaning. That's a problem in and of itself.

Race is the ultimate tool for division. Division is beneficial to certain cohorts. Be careful you're not being manipulated.

Are you honestly claiming there's no crazy aggressive people on the right?

20 buildings haven't been burned down

Tents were not burned out in Sandwith street/People were not assaulted in Ashtown

Libraries haven't been closed down because of harassment of staff on a regular basis

Numerous death threats against politicians and refugees and lgbtq+ hasn't happened

Fireworks were not thrown at gardai in the midst of covid protests.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Vast vast majority of such violence is by white Irish people

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

It was "white irish people" who voted for same sex marriage.

It was "white irish people" who decriminalised being homosexual.

It was "white irish people who developed a society that the Lgbt community could live in relative safety and peace,

Go do a survey of some of the cultures of a lot of these people, and ask them their thoughts on LGBQ people and come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

You seem to be getting over emotional. Maybe it's time for you to step back from the thread.

It appears that because of your kids ethnicity you are gone into full defensive mode.

Are you sure about this Robbie.

I was one poster who you accused of saying this about your children from one of my posts, but I definitely never claimed your children weren't Irish.

How could someone unless you gave out personal details about your family.

Are you sure about what you're stating.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭mauries wigs

Why are you mentioning the 20 buildings being burnt down again when no answers to what happened here has been given. Do you know what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Cordell

And it was the white Irish who built this desirable country that attracts so many non white and/or non Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

It's funny to see water charge protestors being deemed conspiracy theorists and racists, the most prominent of water charge protestors, the ones who trapped the Tanaiste in her car, are hard left and pro open borders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Yes I was also involved in this discussion and it was about second generation immigrants who are born here and legally Irish and ethnically Irish. It was claimed that people don't see people of a certain skin colour Irish even if they have an Irish parent and examples were given of how that is not true such as Baz Ashwarmy, Paul McGrath, Phil Lynott. No one actually said "Robbie your children are not Irish"

• Advertisement

How does this fair statistically. You do know the country is mainly white Irish. Have you the statistics for your claim or yet again is it just another anti Irish statement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement