Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I’m in Cork tomorrow and will stock up on the real tea bags for you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal on the sofa, absolutely flaked after a 9am to 10pm working day...I’m covering for two lecturers who are on sick leave and working flat out the past week.

OH has the ‘flu and is sick in bed - been okay myself as he’s in the spare room until he feels a bit better. 🤒 😷

Another early start tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Jaysus lads! Mrs G finished the painting in the kitchen today. I brought her out for a couple of glasses of wine. She's warming up the bed now!

Ms G is 16 this weekend. She didn't know what she wanted but I did. Despite loads of money going out the door on renovating the new house I have just bought two tickets for Depeche Mode. Resale jobs. Cost a little more. She is so delighted to get this gig off her bucket list. I'm delighted that she's delighted. I'm delighted! Mrs G doesn't know yet. I will deal with that in the morning. Ultimately I'm responsible as I always played the music. If I don't get Dad of the year I may give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Pretty nice in coffee , but since I’ve stopped it I don’t want to go back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Beautiful sunrise over Dublin bay at the moment.

Watching from the safety of the sitting room.....I could stroll out and sea the water but the effort in that 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside and back at work here. Wanted to call in sick but couldn't get a GP appointment for the doctor's cert and did not want to sacrifice any PTO this early in the year.

Hate it already. Maybe I'm already out of F**ks to give, but I'm just surprised at how some people got into the jobs that they're in right now, given that they're seemingly incapable of thinking and breathing at the same time.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Nice one.

Don't forget for you two to catch up on the songs you don't know ... this is the best way to get value for money 😁😁😁

Edit ... But don't click it you don't want any spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Office....listening to Luke Kelly singing Scorn not his Simplicity on youtube.....God but its a fabulous version.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

This is the only song that can bring me to tears , with him singing it.

Ms G has to get familiar with about six songs. I have every album.

Really looking forward to it. You have a great time too.

• Advertisement

Brilliant version Mam......it just comes so easy to him

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's a cracker, used have to listen to a lad warble along with it in a pub I worked in, he wouldn't hold a note in a bucket and I still loved it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You could also say you're in the "real capital" 😎

😄😂

Less than an hour to go, thank goodness.

Also, does anyone know what happened to the trivial annoyances thread? can't seem to find it.

Ya .... its annoying isn't it??...

I'll get my coat 😁😁😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Waiting for my lift, midweek drinks and grub, can't wait, I'll be home by 9pm.😁🥂🍺

• of course most don’t remember the civil war (not that it was awful civil mind), that forged the Great City (known as cork today), but of course Dublin was like a child with their toys and wouldn’t share the title, so we had to leave them on and still call themselves the capital.

I understand also that I believe Bertie Ahern at the time decided there was too much paperwork to let all the other countries know we changed our capital and in fairness the phone bill would have been shocking so we left it there.

Naturally that led to a lot of lads thinking Dublin is the capital when obviously it’s not. Hasn’t been since, jesus, 2006 I think now.

Of course most people from Dublin were never told this to spare their feelings and it was kept a bit of a secret from everyone just to keep tempers down.

Was gonna say I’m surprised you knew about it yourself seph but now that I think about it I believe it twas yourself led the charge, GIVE IT TO EM BAAAAAAAIS I believe was the war cry.

I took part on the cork side but I wouldn’t be from cork now just couldn’t pass up an opportunity to annoy a few dubs of course. Was just a bit of something to do as well to be fair.

Aye good times all the same. You’d never see this in any history books or on any maps of course.

Watching tv news, I took my zzz tablets at 12 pm , and though I was relaxed , no sleep . Almost dozed off but not quite 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

If anyone is stuck for something to watch I'd recommend "Payback" it's on rte at the moment, I'm sure you'll get it on the player.

Very gripping and moves at a nice pace. I suppose a thriller is the best way to describe it.

I’m a little bit wired from coffee . I’ve been sleeping late and avoiding coffee as I wanted to sleep at night . So this is my first coffee in 3/4 days and I’m absolutely wired from it .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in the work office, busy marking another stack of student assignments.

Had to work through lunch hour so I'm famished now and will run out to grab a sambo or wrap and keep going.

Really glad to see the back of January - it was a really rotten month for me, worse than usual, in terms of loss and stress. Spring is now on its way! 🌾🌾

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ehhh Clementine Mushy Sun not to nitpick but it's "boi's" and not "baiiiiss" as you put it, get it right please in future 😒

😁🤣

Today has been a good day.

Have tea.

Have tea cakes.

Have been for a walk.

Had lunch out with the OH.

The sun is out and it's dry.

• sorry I got you confused with Waterford for a minute 🤣

I casseroled a whole chicken this evening. I've never cooked it that way before. As I like the wings legs and thighs, it was delish. Great veg and sauce. Roasties on the side. Lining up a movie. Early start tomorrow.

Homeside here, slowly beginning to feel somewhat human again, although I'm still pretty drained. But hey, at least, I have some hot chocolate 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Watching a programme about ZuluDelta 576 . The helicopter that flew into the mull of kintire . Im finding it hard to have sympathy for the widows of the same people who stuck m60’s into my face and laughing when I was going to mass / local shop . Boo hoo

Advertisement