Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

I'm justified in treating people in an appropriate way if they think that the universe revolves around them. They're usually called self-centred. They are nett takers from, not contributors to society

• Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

The Daily Mail has a very sad story about a young woman who committed suicide when she was pregnant. This young woman suffered the same illness as Kate which we have been told about when she was pregnant. In the article, they say that you can't eat (which leads to a lot of weight loss and your mental health is affected). This young woman (a 26 year old teacher) prior to her pregnancy did not have any mental health issues, but committed suicide when she was 26 weeks pregnant.

Interesting that the Daily Mail publishes this article now. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13024587/Pregnant-primary-school-teacher-morning-sickness-Princess-Wales-mental-health.html

It is a truly tragic story.

Interesting that the Daily Mail publishes this article now

The inquest was yesterday. So it's interesting that a newspaper is covering the news, is it?

The recovery period for hyperemesis gravidarum is usually a few weeks after birth. IIRC, Catherine last gave birth nearly five years ago. Your ghoulish fascination with Catherine's health is "interesting".

• Advertisement

Harry coming under sustained pressure over African Parks scandal

When the duke was appointed to the board, African Parks praised him as a “humanitarian, military veteran mental wellness advocate, and environmentalist [who] has dedicated his life’s work to advancing causes that he is passionate about, and that bring about permanent change for people and places”.

Harry, actions speak louder than words.

Edited to add

Actually, I knew I'd seen those fine words about Harry before. The same script was used in his Living Legend award blurb

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex is a humanitarian, military veteran, mental wellness advocate, and environmentalist. He has dedicated his life to advancing causes that he is passionate about and that bring about permanent change for people and places. 

Never waste a good biog word salad.

Meghan complains - a lot. Take their trip to Australia in 2018, where they stayed in a "housing unit" - actually, they were staying in a wing of Admiralty House, the residence of the Governor General and his wife, but Meghan felt she should have had the whole House at her disposal.

Where and how did she complain about the ''housing unit''? Exact words please

On the same tour, she had to leave a market in Fiji - ostensibly because of a "security scare" but actually because she was about to run into branding from the group "UN women", leaving a staff member in tears. Whoever that poor staff member was, it can't have been her protection officer (cos they don't cry) but she resigned from the Met not long after the tour.

This is just a fine example of how Meghan & Kate were treated differently. She was due to meet those UN women (and had actually met them in the past). However, it was unbearably hot (and Meghan was about 3 months pregnant at the time) and she lasted about 6 minutes (of what was meant to have been 15 minute visit). Other reports actually said she wasn't her usual self and actually looked green. I don't know why a protection officer would be crying because her 3 months pregnant principle didn't feel well in a very hot tent and had to leave in a hurry (possibly to vomit) which I'm sure the 'Firm' would not be happy about. Anyway, it was a Mirror Reporter who decided that the reason she was crying was because of Meghan saying something to her.

It also shows the attitude of Kensington Palace to Meghan - they claimed there was a security threat, rather than pregnant woman not feeling well in very hot tent in market in Fiji.

By the way, Meghan later met those UN women. I'd love to know what explanation you have for why she didn't want to meet them in the first place (particularly as it was a scheduled meeting with them, so if she didn't want to meet them then, she could have rejected the request long before the visit and not 2 minutes before she was due to meet them.

Edit to include this quote from eye witness:

Meghan was being given a tour of Suva Market during the 2018 royal visit when her bodyguards intervened.

One onlooker reportedly said Meghan appeared to “look concerned” before entering and “looked really disengaged, not her usual self at all”.

She then apparently whispered something to one of her aides before being whisked away.

The witness told The Mirror: “She stopped to speak to a pineapple seller on one of the stalls and had a very blank and disengaged look on her face, which is very unlike her.

“It was very hot and humid in there so perhaps it wasn’t the best environment for a pregnant woman.

(By the way, you have your 'housing unit' stories mixed up). LOL.

Meghan has gone through staff at a rate of knots, not only when she was briefly involved with royal duties, but all the more so since Archewell was formed. The staff churn there is worse than I've seen in any organisation I've ever been involved in, even peripherally

Compare and contrast with Catherine. Well, maybe don't waste your time, because there isn't any comparison. For example, William and Catherine have had the same nanny for the entirety of their children's lives. The nanny would be as close to the family as any non-family member could possibly be. That sort of loyalty comes from a respectful and trusting relationship all round.

So no, I wouldn't treat Meghan and Catherine in the same way - because they are not the same

Well, so has Kate gone through staff at the rate of knots. Maybe its not a great job dealing with bunches of flowers and being paid a pittance for it. And I know you don't treat them the same! And its not based on actually knowing either of them.

Post edited by jm08 on

They linked Kate with it in the headline.

"A lot of people think this condition ends when a baby comes and that simply isn't true," said Mrs Dean, who studies HG as part of a PhD course at Plymouth University.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-42902095

Maybe you need to be posting on the Conspiracy Theory thread? Your endless speculation and hypothesising based on the square root of sweet FA, would go down well there.

So you are arguing now that HG ends as soon as the pregnancy is over and that there are no side/long terms effects?

Any explanation yet on why Meghan didn't want to meet the UN women? And have you come across the quote where Meghan expressed displeasure at staying in a housing unit (in the Governors Mansion)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

The Tom Bower book mentioned the incident with the UN Women. If I remember it correctly a pre-royal fame Meghan didn't get an Angelina Jolie level Ambassadorial role with the UN. She'd gone to a UN Women event in London, asked for a meet 'n greet with Emma Watson and it was denied. Bower theorises that, years later, an explanation as to what was an unexplained but hasty exit from the market was, in keeping with the title of his book, revenge for being snubbed previously since specifically UN Women were present at the market, a now Royal Meghan didn't like being used to promote them, left early, chewed an aide out for the mistake....etc....etc....Allegedly.

The housing unit (the one where an inferno (i.e. a smoking heater) broke out iirc was South Africa and not Australia. As we all know a High Commissioners residence is always referred to as a housing unit.

No, I said it normally ends a few weeks after giving birth. Please stop misquoting me

UN women;

By the way, the legal action mentioned evaporated

https://archive.ph/asyY7

Housing unit;

That’s it. By the way, I’m not your researcher. Have a Google yourself in future

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

So either Meghan didn't want to have to face the UN ladies, or Harry was pissed and setting fire to where they were staying. 😂

Whilst acting as an intern researcher earlier, I came across this March 2021 article by Roya Nikkhah, the Times/Sunday Times Royal Correspondent. I think it's worth a read, as it seems to me to distil the issues that faced both Meghan and the Royal Family, that culminated in Megxit. In time, it hovers around the Oprah interview.

The completely different worldviews held by Meghan on the one hand and the Royal Family on the other proved to be irreconcilable. Compromise and an understanding of why each party held the views they did could only work if everyone put the effort in.

https://archive.ph/TJN3b

So the legal action was probably blocked by Kensington Palace. That she was told to ''never complain, never explain' and got no support from Kensington Palace. Thats why they left.

I note that it is all speculation by the authors - 'lots of coulds, etc''.

It doesn't explain why she agreed to meet them in the first place and why you ignore that “It was hot, humid and uncomfortably busy and there were far larger crowds than expected.” and Meghan was about 3 months pregnant.

And why did you meet them later anyway?

As for not being able to deal with rejection - every actor/actress has to be able to deal with rejection because for every acceptions, they have probably had to deal with 20 rejections! That just does not wash.

You inferred that it is all over after giving birth. Well, thats not always the case and it certainly might not be the case with Kate who has had to deal with it for three pregnancies where a lot of damage to her health could have occurred. She has spent 27 months of her life vomiting her guts up several times every day and 27 months of malnutriton. She is painfully thin. You seriously can't think that would have a serious effect on her health.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

So she's not bulimic at all now like you said previously was the cause?

So the legal action was probably blocked by Kensington Palace. That she was told to ''never complain, never explain' and got no support from Kensington Palace. Thats why they left.

Except that article was written in June 2021, which was post Megxit and post Oprah. So she wouldn't have had any pressure from Kensington Palace, the men in grey suits or the Phantom Raspberry Blower of Old London Town.

And why did you meet them later anyway?

Hey, I know you're fantasising a lot, but don't drag me into it. I've never been to Fiji and I certainly didn't meet the UN women at all, not anywhere.

I'm just watching the hints that the redtops/royal experts are putting into their newspaper columns. Its very unusual for them to be talking about Kate like this. They hint at an eating disorder of some kind. And as you have probably noticed, both illnesses can have a serious effect on mental health. Kate hasn't been seen since Xmas.

June 21. Well that explains it! Three years after the tour of Australia, the Times (owned by Murdock) and who Harry has some court cases coming up against! They wouldn't want to smear either Meghan or Harry, now would they?. I seem to recall their strategy was to give Meghan such a hard time that Harry would withdraw from the case. Also interesting to note how they word it - a lot of coulds and maybes which would make it difficult to prove and if they did pursue it, they could ask a lot of questions that they didn't want to have to divulge in court (prior to Harry's book being published).

I'm still awaiting an explaination as to why Meghan actually did meet these UN women if she ran out of a market in Fiji on her way to meet them. I just don't understand what the issue was over the branding? And if the UN women thought so little of her, why did they want to meet her in the first place? And since she was to spend 20 minutes in the market in Fiji, what was the reason for the meeting because they were hardly going to have time to do anything more than say hello and goodbye.

All total nonsense.

Oh, and just on the reference to 'housing unit' (I know one of your pals have saved you the embarrassment of getting that all wrong). Just to explain to you a 'housing unit' is self-contained and more than likely in this instance they were given a self-contained section/apartment/wing of the High Commissioner/Ambassadors residence in SA. That isn't unusual. When Eilis II visited Ireland, she was put up in the self-contained State B&B as are many visitors to Ireland. I think she was happy enough with her accommodation despite it being just a B&B!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

From Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zacharyfolk/2024/01/30/more-executives-leave-harry-and-meghans-production-company-what-we-know/

Latest update - the "hints" in tabloids can be used for armchair doctors to diagnose an eating disorder, but should be roundly ignored if they say anything about Harry and Meghan.

I thought I’d heard it all, but after listening to a few minutes of the lowbrow meanderings of James, I can see why you might be an acolyte.

At the moment, the deflection by H&M from the scandal of African Parks is off the scale. They can issue a statement on their website about protecting children online, but can’t take action when confronted directly last May about rape and assault in the Congo. Well, I guess you could call Harry stepping down as President to a mere Director on the Board in October as some action.

But let’s not worry about the Baka people. Let’s go off on a private jet to Canada

It’s a tough life.

Quentin Lett is a racist, misogynist old bigot that writes anti-woke articles for the Daily Mail. James O'Brien nailed him.

What action do you think Harry should take on African Parks. Harry did take action last May, but African Parks have stated that when they asked for information on the incident, the organisation that made the complaint said that it wasn't their job to pass on information and would not cooperate.

African Parks did state that one ranger was fired by them and he was prosecuted for rape and went to prison for 2 years and then released. They seem to be blaming Harry for this guy getting release and not the legal system in the Congo!

As for Harry and Meghan going to Canada for 2 days in connection with the Invictus Games. Where does it say that they are going by private jet? And why do you have an issue with them going in the first place. Is it because of the environmental impact. If it is, you must be discusted with William shipping in David Bechamn from the World Cup to go to the Earth Shot thingy in Boston, not to mention him heading off to Singapore this year - and this is an environmental endeavour!

Harry did nothing to ensure a proper investigation into the accusations in African Parks. He should have insisted an independent inquiry took place. An organisation investigating itself ain’t ever going to be objective. If you feel otherwise, take a look at the Horizon system in the British Post office. Telling the African Parks CEO to look into it is a modern day example of Pontius Pilate washing his hands. At the very least, Harry should step own

Harry knew; so he joined the Board!

Oh, and the issue I have with H&M taking a couple of days all expenses paid in Canada is actually how damaging their involvement, and particularly Meghan’s association, with the Invictus Games is that it takes the spotlight of the veteran athletes and it becomes a fashion, photography and marching parade. And it’s supposed to be all about the veterans.

• Advertisement

According to African Parks, they did have an external law firm investigate!

“We immediately launched an investigation through an external law firm based on the information we had available, while also urging Survival International to provide any and all facts they had. It’s unfortunate that they have chosen not to co-operate, despite repeated requests, and we continue to ask for their assistance.

In view that you now have this information, what do you think Harry should do?

Advertisement