Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Absolutely, right decision for me , only dipping my toes back into hopefully the dating scene and this encounter first off alarmed me . Wanting to book a night away somewhere for both of us when we’d not met in person even for a coffee is madness . Most blokes would probably say .. ah feck it I’ll go for it , not my kind of style / interest . Rather meet have the chats / develop a spark if there was one and go from there .

She was very full on , about meeting her kids etc , talked to her family about me already .we had been chatting 3 days . Weird in my book but as others have said , fine for them .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

I'm on it. If you want to send me a pic I'll have a look. I never post on it, just keep an eye on it out of interest, so you don't need to worry about me saying anything on it.

That said, they're fairly tight-knit in terms of women telling lads they're on it because it can really put the woman in danger, some men who are posted are legit fcking dangerous (although to be fair, if you'd sense you wouldn't be posting about someone like that and giving them reason to come after you). If they find out who shared the post with a dude they screenshot your page to call you out and then remove you.

The posts that go up are always reviewed by mods beforehand, they're strict on that to avoid any lawsuit sh1t, they do ask for proof like texts etc. for any accusations. So whoever put you up must have had something on you whatever it was.

Only ever seen 2 ppl I spoke to on it. One person I spoke to like 15 years ago is on it, and rightly so tbh - he was sending me abusive messages for ages after I said I wasn't interested in chatting more and even found me online to keep sending them. The other, I spoke to briefly but wasn't into him, and the post was basically a ton of girls saying he always arranged to meet and ghosted (not a crime worthy of sticking his pic up IMO). You could be more on that end of the spectrum.

Oooh I'm off to hunt down the frenchies in it.

I'm after getting my fella's bday present sorted early and I'm delighted cause I know he's going to love it, it'll be a complete surprise.

Trying to suss out Valentines though as my ex was Italian and very over the top about it, so we went all out, but that really isn't my current BFs vibe. I know his ex wasn't into any of that stuff either and they were together like 10 years. And as we won't be together on the day (I fly over a week later) I'm unsure if he's going to do anything at all. Like I might get flowers but... ehhh I dunno if he's ever even bought ones. 😂 I actually sent him flowers a few weeks ago to celebrate his new job and he said he never got ones before! Girls - buy yo men flowers!

I do have something I want to send him (something I made) with a card, so I'm thinking if I do that it's like small enough to not make him feel bad if he doesn't realise I'm arsed about Valentines (I am, but I can see why ppl would think I'm not). I honestly wouldn't mind if he didn't bother, but I just want to because I like getting/making special things for people that I know will mean something to them, it's my way of showing love I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

• Advertisement

Ah, I didn't notice anything more than usual. It's all in good fun I think. But if it's annoying you just say and I'm sure ppl would tone it down. Everyone likes you and all of your quirks Jeq!

If they are stupid enough to bring attention to themselves despite being “scared” of someone they deserve everything that’s coming to them. Though you’d hope the wronged party had enough brain cells to outsource the revenge so they’d have a solid alibi.

You, my dear, could be making a fortune leaking the info to interested parties. I’m liking this idea a lot

Yeah but man, they Sherlock the sh1t out of anyone who leaks stuff, sooo many girls have had their profiles posted when they get found out. Not sure I want the whole group after me.🤣

On the ones posting the dangerous dudes (and they are, we're talking like with newspaper links about assault etc.) they can post anon (the mods know who they are) or get someone else to post for them, but there are cases where the guys obviously know it's them based on the info they give.

Irrelevant. If they post **** about someone they deserve to suffer the consequences. I know what I’d do in their case and I won’t be the only one

I disagree there. If it's true and it protects other women, then I'm 100% okay with that, especially in domestic and sexual assault cases that have been recorded publically.

The ONLY thing I'll say is that it does surprise me when they only find this out ages after chatting and even dating. I'd have been CIA-ing the dude online before meeting and have found any **** like that out beforehand! That said, I did meet a guy years ago who text me when I was literally outside the door of the pub to tell me he had to tell me something, and then told me he was on fcking parole.😭 I felt so bad for him that I sat out the whole date because he was a genuinely nice person and I think everyone who rehabilitates deserves a second chance, but the dude wasn't even on proper release yet and was back in jail 5 nights a week!

Man, that was my most interesting date ever. It was so, so conflicting for me morally because if it wasn't for the jail thing I'd have really liked him. But the crime was the most extreme, and despite circumstances somewhat leaving room to understand how it happened I just knew there was no way I could get past that or ever have him in my life if I dated him, like I know my family would just be worried all of the time and also the amount of talk would be unreal which wouldn't be fair on them. And well, when it came to it, I guess it was me too - as much as I sympathized with his situation, I couldn't get past it. I felt a bit hypocritical being like that tbh. But he's met a lovely girl since who he moved in with, got a job when he got out, and is doing really well - so not an awful end to that story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ivor_Guddon

your pretty sad tbh , part of the reason

she has nothing on me as im 100 % sure i never treated somebody badly or harrassed etc

bitter twisted c*nts is all it's for

and don't use that chessnut to keep ladies safe lol , it's 2024

what about ruining a persons life or reputation over some slagging or whatever , why post under annon username if nothing to hide ?

anybody on them pages isn't worth a look , says it all if they follow the herd and believe what other strangers say

sherlock the **** etc ... no they don't , nothing is vetted

1 side of info and a guy can't defend himself ? fooking dangerous carry on

wait till somebody commits suicide because of fake crap , i'm telling you it will happen

massive cases in usa against facebook groups like this

imagine for once that guys set up a page like this , and just some random guy you knocked back then posts pics of you and blatent lies ( she has 3 kids for 3 dads ) on the dole , she's a junkie etc ( when you don't have kids at all , work in a great job , anti drug etc ) yet thousands of possible guys see this and instantly get turned off

then you get messsages from strangers to say your famous on a facebook page etc , then tells you all these things your supposed to be .... yet you can't join this group as its for lads only , and all the lads having a laugh at you or throwing the 2 cents in when they never met you , they throw insults or fake stories because they can and no re-course on it etc

how would you feel ? because it's happening and not being vetted , how do the admins post a story based on 1 side of an argument ?

a pal of mine a few weeks ago this happened to him

then a strange girl mentioned outside a pub that he looked familiar and then proceeded to laugh at him because he was all over facebook etc

poor chap hadnt a clue

Less of the sh1t talk directed at individual posters please, aka me. I believe it's not allowed.

I was trying to be helpful.

Yes they do.

There's 1 USA case. Looking forward to seeing the outcome. I don't think it's going anywhere.

Guys do have a page. And it's full of nasty sht1t. Worse than what the girls say, which doesn't reference sexual experiences.

really i've yet to see a guys page as we are not so petty to try ruin a persons life that's what the ladies do

Yep there are a few. I have access to one as I know a lad on it.

let's hope some guy doesn't just decide spout lies about you , not a nice feeling

you should be reporting these pages

I would hope their pages are vetted also. But the sexual commentary content is quite disturbing, yes, there's none of that on the girls page. That said, I see no reason for men not to have the same page as long as it's run properly.

I'm sure some would have plenty to say about me from years ago. I did my share of dating and I couldn't give a sh1te. But I will say that on the girls page I don't approve of men's pics being posted for stuff like ghosting etc. I really think it should be reserved for things like people with assault charges, or married men, etc. I also think it's a certain demographic who post in it considering I've never come across the "infamous" lads posted on it personally.

• Advertisement

they will never be ran the right way , you need a full time team of admins to vet that crap

They have a full team. There are tons of admins on it and they're trained on how to vet who to accept (so guys don't get in) and what to ask for before approving posts. The girls one anyway, can't speak for the lads one.

It's a fact.

You're not in the group...remember. Guess who has more intel here.

ANYWAY.

How was the date y/day @YellowLead ? :)

wouldnt be bragging , just shows how sad some people are

“I disagree there. If it's true and it protects other women, then I'm 100% okay with that, especially in domestic and sexual assault cases that have been recorded publically.”

Meh. If they can’t be bothered to google the guys then it’s their own fault.No need to ruin the fun

Sure, it's great fun when women go on dates and get assaulted.

Look, this isn't the norm, it's a few out of many posts in that group, but they do come up. And as naive as it may be not to research the person, no-one deserves to ensure any kind of assault simply for wanting to date and meet someone.

But we will differ on this and that's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

🤣🤣 Its easy get into that group.its mostly run by women from the US. texas & Dallas. as for the no screen shot rule no one abides by that.

Advertisement