Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky 1gig ftth upload speeds?

• 01-02-2024 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Anyone know what the quoted/expected/typical upload speeds should be for sky 1gig ftth?

I’m only getting on avg 10mb/s from a recent installation. Download I’d say on avg is about 800mb/s..ish. I was expecting a 10% ratio. And wired connection with a sky router and now an archer ax53.

I rang sky this morning and all they could do was issue advice on improving the speed. They wouldn’t answer my question on what it should be!

google just hits with endless sky pages which as far as I can see don’t tell me..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I have Sky via SIRO, and last night I was getting 889Mb down and 103Mb up. This is a pretty normal upload speed on our connection, download is usually closer to the 1Gb. (but stuff could have been downloading last night at the time the speed test ran)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭peterpiper

Hmm. I should have added in case it makes a difference. Installed on Openair network..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

How are you testing the upload speed?

The upload speed can depend on a multitude of factors - wired/wireless connection, the server that the files are being uploaded to, etc.

The upload speed should be around 100 Mb/sec which is the standard Openeir product

Wired connection, tested from different devices, PC, laptop, XBOX all using Speedtest.net apart from the XBOX.

I was expecting 100mb/s tbh. Just can’t confirm it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is it "locked" to 10Mb or does it vary? If its never exceeding 11 then it sounds like some kinda weird profile application but 1000/10 doesnt exist so would have to be inside skys network.

• Advertisement

It varies. Screenies from just now. Xbox (wired), phone (wireless beside router) and desktop pc (wired).. I’d say max I got was about 14/15mb/s..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dojo2010
    F

Hey OP, did you find a resolution? I am having the exact same issue! I thought it was the TP Link Deco Home mesh system I installed but been feeling slowdowns for a couple of weeks atleast before that. Reached out to Sky support, they're sending on a new hub hoping that fixes it.

I found in some of their welcome emails, typical stated upload speed was 30mps.

Removing avg internet security improved my speeds but I never even got close to the 30mps upload.

I switched to Vodafone as I was in the cooling off period and instantly got my 100mps upload speeds!

Advertisement