Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just seen that ridiculous promo. Way over the top. Started out like two gunslingers and I thought to myself this is good but then went mental turning them into gladiators, pirates, cartoon monsters and other stuff. Totally stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lovely. I assume price same across all three..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

i must have missed that, how did sky sports get involved ?

just heard an interview with Eddie and he said his excellency wants the fight on all networks to get the most exposure which makes sense

Post edited by OmegaGene on

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭reclose

Froch had exactly the attitude you want all boxers to have. Willing to fight the best repeatedly.

I can’t think of any name left off his resume or any fighter you could say he waited until they were past their best.

He came up short once or twice but that’s what happens when you face the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭reclose

I do wonder about Fury’s legs. Has he shown the same level of footwork since Wilder 1 or 2?

Even without that option he can still win by mauling Usyk and using his weight and size.

Froch sticking it to John on Instagram.carlcobrafroch

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its weak enough sauce Walshy, just looked even fury’s aul lad has multiples of followers not to take about fury, froch is doing his usual, running his mouth to try and stay relevant.

“A never-been” haha that’s an excellent retort. Froch made a bollocks of himself with all the 80,000 at Wembley but he was a serious fighter and he took on all comers. Look at the pile of world champions he fought and beat. Joe Calz may have been a fancier boxer but he never gave him the shot running after easy names for his record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Calzaghe ducked froch, cmon now , don’t frank warren say froch didnt want any of it, nor should he have , at that stage . Joe took a proper mega fight with b hop instead of a domestic fight with someone who’s biggest win was robin reid can’t say I blame him.

I certainly wouldn’t go as far as saying he ducked him of course he didn’t. Hopkins was 43 at the time and that was an easier assignment with much less risk, as great as he was.

Froch is doing well out of his spat with John fury, he had 120k views on his podcast in 12 hours, he does it with his wife and it’s dull as dish water normally, I’m guessing it’s good for John too now he’s the face of a better company too

probably all preplanned nonsense for clickbait titles

You have to take the money fight especially when you are nearing the end of your career. I think you should always take the money fight but a small few don't.

Calzaghe was on a different level to Froch too.

Prime v prime I’d have Joe favorite against Carl, but could be a very competitive fight. Joe’s feet and work-rate likely winning out. But Froch could punch, and Joe could be hurt/dropped. The Froch right uppercut could be very dangerous for Joe

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Usyk is fantastic no question < he is giving a lot of credit for his elusive style but if you dive into his wins you see people are landing on him,

He lost 4 or 5 rounds against Del boy & Bellow & went to a split decision with AJ, Even in AJ 1 he lost 4 or 5 rounds, So he is getting hit a lot more than people like to think or say,

Makes you think Fury can land often if he is on it & he could have a stoppage in him if he isn't afraid to empty the tank ,

Just you have that last outing form Fury that is putting doubt into everyones mind ,

It could be a stinker of a fight where it is very difficult to score. Just because Usyk lost rds to others doesn’t mean Fury gets to just beat him. Usyk still won the fights. Hard hard man to beat.

I picked Usyk well before Ngannou fight.

Yes that is true but if guys like Chisora & Bellew & AJ are wining 4/5 rounds without ever hurthing him, you'd imagine Fury can do similar but with more power behind shots,

Of course you did you hate Fury so any close fight you go the opposite,

i just hope its a good fight & the winner deserves it,

Hate him? Steady on, now. Wee bit OTT. I like to root against him is all. But here I actually think Usyk could beat him. It's not rooting against Fury for the sake of it. Otherwise I'd have backed the likes a Whyte and Chisora

and of course folks will be looking to Fury’s most recent outing when assessing this fight against Usyk. That’s only natural. He looked poor three months ago. Maybe two weeks time he’ll be a lot better, or same, or worse.

Just hope for the state of boxing we get one of these big fights where both guys are at there best its rare

It's funny what one performance does in boxing, Fury is now finished & Aj is back, strange when reality can be very different,

• Advertisement

Not sure when this was filmed but fury seems like he doesn’t give a toss but that could change with the wind with him

AJ was never really gone. He lost two bouts against a very very durable and resilient and resourceful Usyk is all.

Fury was never gone either. This era is still up for grabs. Usyk can almost claim it if he beats Fury, and Fury can almost claim it if he beats Usyk. AJ is hovering.

Usky wins and he will have beaten AJ and Fury!!! If Fury wins, AJ and Fury should fight, and what if AJ beat Fury? It's the whole A beats B beats C scenario. There are a few fights left to decide this era. It could well end up with no clear winner!!

Whoever wins this fight can retire with their legacy intact age a case to be labelled the greatest ever.

Only fighters out there with claims to deserve a shot against them would in my opinion be Zhang and Hrgovic. Thru are not that highly rated so nether Fury or Usyk need to take them on.

There's nobody else that has beaten anybody of note in recent times.

Zhang and Filip are top rated.

That’s the thing if the winner retires then they win the era by default unless the decision is a robbery. A blatant one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I wouldn't say top rated.

Rated maybe.

Who have they beaten?

each other in a roundabout way. Joyce x 2 is worth credit. Rudenko isn’t a bad win. Hrgovic being in against demoiri was a peculiar one.

They’re both top 5..

who has AJ beaten other than a washed up Klit.

Usyk has beaten who? AJ…who fat Ruiz beat

Fury beat washed up Klit, and Wilder.

plenty to play for. None have Sterling resumes.

Zhang and Filip deserve to get in the mix here

we have a poster here claiming whoever wins Feb 17 can claim greatest ever… wtf?

Usyk wins and he has what, 5 championship wins.. maybe less? Fury wins and hasn’t much more.. greatest ever?😖

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fight postponed. Fury got a bad cut in training and needs stitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ah ffs.

Advertisement