Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

RTE News alert there- 37 properties raided, big coke haul in Wicklow, well known Clondalkin figure in custody.

Grendons?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Brian rattigan analyst

I’d say Mr Rattigan was a very happy man when he found out paddy was murdered none the less.

why anyone went to war and would risk themselves for these two is beyond me. Brian was safe in prison and Fred was cozy in Spain. It seemed like it was everyone else who came off the worse for it but yet Fred and Brian are still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Anyone know whereabouts in Clondalkin the house where they found 213,000 in cash was?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭notsocutehoor

The two men arrested were in their 30s. Serious operation it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

• Advertisement

Why does anyone go to war for any of these things? For probably a majority of the men who have killed for money/ pride in this country since the madness really kicked off circa 1994, they effectively signed their own death warrant once they pulled the trigger. You do that, you're signing up for life, and that life in many cases didn't last for many years after they pulled the trigger.

I'd be surprised if there's 10 men out there who did a gangland hit or two, made their money and then successfully retired to a quiet civilian life.

They're all either dead (revenge murder, OD, suicide, car accidents), in prison, or trapped in a life they can never leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭40supple

i wouldn’t underestimate Halpin, he’s a psychopath and accustomed to serious violence, it took 7 of them tooled up in the joy to give him a hiding

Jay was working with the Garda, giving statements and gave evidence against Git on the Walker murder trial, I don’t know how he has any credibility after that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Gusser09

For a while there the different factions were doing well not have a body count. Generally they will get away with hand to hands as long as they are behaving themselves.

It seems to be the dregs like the Hennesseys and Flashy who cause trouble for everyone. Plenty of dealers and suppliers able to keep their heads down and have a lucrative enough trade. There is enough real estate that they don't have to beef about corners.

Johnny had a verbal altercation with Gareth in the immediate days preceding the murder, anger and rage was the catalyst for planning the attack, apparently he asked the cartel how much € was on Gareth’s head after that, if he was going to do it, he may as well get paid.

Fox was told to get involved and he had no option but comply as he was controlled by johnny.

Johnny & 2nd shooter stalked Gareth from Mary McDonnells flat in the complex (not Johnnys sister) and carried out the hit.

as far as being convicted, The BMW wouldn’t start so they had to abandon that and leave on foot then Mary McDonnell went state’s witness and her testimony along with the compelling CCTV was enough to convict Johnny, Tossy & the sister.

with the amount of cctv in the complex, it was idiotic to think they’d get away with it, I hope he rots in Portlaoise

The 2nd shooter from Ballymun and a crack dealer was recently extradited from Turkey to stand trial

Which brother would be the psycho? So despite what they're up to in recent years (laughable half baked armed robberies and burglaries) they were serious operators in their heyday? Worth a few quid? It seems unthinkable now but it wasn't unheard of back then for heroin addicts to be active as mid level players, I suppose the drawling monosyllabic brain rot only truly sets in after a decade or two on it.

The funny thing is that the article I linked has a "close relative" saying they were being tortured by JOC- when he was released a few years ago the Halpins sisters were all over his mrs FB with likes and welcome homes and all that.

As for JOC co operating, what could he help the Gardai with really? They know without his help DG ordered it although they'll never prove it, I doubt JOC even knew Git did it first hand seeing as he was merely a hired gun from town and JOC wasn't even at the club when the hit meant for him happened.

I can't find anything on Google regarding what he actually testified about, just that he decked Git on his way off the witness stand (something Git later tried to use to force an appeal on the grounds the raw emotion prejudiced his jury)

• Advertisement

he sang like a canary in blanchardstown Garda station and the central criminal court, there’s a man doing life sentences based on him ratting

the state prosecutor doesn’t put you on the witness stand unless you’re working with the Gardaí in their favor

Regarding the Halpins being “sophisticated criminals” “worth a few quid”

The answer is NO! They’re both absolute jokes with addiction issues, homelessness and hapless criminals.

But regards propensity for violence and savagery they’re both dangerous, I witnessed Gerard chasing Andy Durran (who raped his own daughter) from Drumheath mulhuddart with a chainsaw with the engine running through gaywood industrial estate at the back of ladyswell

Andy Durran before being locked up for raping his daughter was a well known street fighter from mulhuddart and he was terrified when Gerard was looking for him over a minor squabble

Post edited by 40supple on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lids13

really? I've always been interested in the westies since early 2010's, not surprising Coates was from the outlook the nicer aren't psycho's supposed to try and blend in? what were they actually nice could you tell straight away that they were like dealers from the Dublin accent ? i was always suprised Papers and books always focus on Coates from then sugg even though they say they were partners

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Updaparish

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Updaparish

Won't be long before arrests by the sounds of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

• Registered Users Posts: 13 leon byrne

What area are we talking here with the ts initials

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Anyone know who is moving package around d4 these days? I heard it was mr flashys crew but that might have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Paul_Crosby

There's one boy from the IPLO (he was INLA before that particular split) who did more than one or two who gets about alright (moved down South done a few freelance there I think) but in the main you're right, had this particular fellow not left a bar five minutes before he had, last thing he'd have seen was two lads with AK47s, ditto had he made a right turn instead of the left one night as well

Would be have sanctioned that debacle on Christmas eve?? Because that was enough to make any protected informer a convict

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TAL39

• Advertisement

The biggest cult of personality on the island recent times in that sense would have been Johnny Adair, right place, right time, ultimate opportunist, pure gangster who got many people killed, and he was in jail for a lot of the fatal trouble too, declare war on the UVF, manipulate the LVF, then exploit tensions to make a move against the rest of the UDA. When Gregg, Gerry Adams would be assassin, was a killed by Jealous Johnny, that was it, C Company fellas in their late teens and early twenties were being dragged by hand to the neutral club to denounce Adair, as if they are going to do school runs while going against 5 UDA Brigades and possibly the UVF again all for this poser??? Yeah so ya will, Johnny got airlifted to Scotland while the boy who killed Gregg was getting bundled into the back of a car when the UDA destroyed Adairs Lower windmill stronghol, only the RUC turned up, that boy was getting a torturing

• Registered Users Posts: 46 smuggled spud

There was a mentally handicapped lad who was a bottle collector in Adair's local the Diamond Jubilee. Adair spiked his drink with a few yokes. The poor lad **** his pants coming up on the yokes ,had no idea what was happening. Adair took him out the back,stabbed him to death and dumped his body in a barrel .

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭reclose

Adair spiked his drink, or a C Company lackey, they liked to keep him around as a glass collector to make fun, but he took a bad reaction, ended up in hospital, have some names to the RUC cuz he didn't know any better, then he got pulled behind the Shebeen and Adair shot him in front of the boys, Stephen McKeage did most of the C Company murders until Adair got jealous

A play on the pathetic slogan, his only crime is loyalty

He was basically like Spider from Goodfellas

Durran is an absolute scumbag paedo, doused in petrol and burned alive would be too good for him.

Yeah that's what I thought about the Halpins, absolutely chaotic but like you imply if youre handy youre handy- they come off as pathetic, nearly synpathetic, but if they've got that in the tank there you go. Gerard's bird is a certifiable.

Interested tho, I thought Git was convicted off witnesses in the lead up to the hit and DNA and not anything JOC could tell them? I think DG was lifted in Ratoath straight after but they couldn't ever get anything on him- conspiracy to murder is an extremely rare charge in this country if you weren't physically on the job. I might be wrong but CMCD was a hired gun from town, what would JOC know about him that would have helped the case, all he could know was DG wanted him dead, which in a court case where he's not charged means nothing, he surely had nothing of value to offer?

I seen an article around the time Deano was arrested for the Garda shooting saying JOC had opened up on the Gullys outside the cop shop in 2004, I had always thought the Glennons did it personally.

Like your posts bro, knowledgeable, unlike the other fella here whos nonsense reminds me of that fool Jim Cusack writing about IRA heroin dealers and whatever else he could dream of haha

I concede the point that Jays evidence was of mediocre value to the prosecution and would have had no bearing on the verdict. My point was that he was giving statements to the Gardaí and giving evidence in a court of law against a fellow criminal which is ratting within the criminal underworld

Git was a gun for hire on that job, he’s from Eastwall

The Glennon’s did do the shooting on the snugbrough Rd close to the Garda station, Jay may well of been in the car driving

Generation games

One of the boys (welll, a boy no longer, the older one) picked up for the Kevin Conway Jr murder, it says his dad was the first Provo to officially die during the troubles, Conway Sr was also killed himself by Provos, and his son took shots at Colin Duffys house, who he believed to be part of the squad who killed his dad or on the periphery. And all this a good two decades after the GFA

Duffy was once shot by RobinJackson and that's another complete wormhole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 smuggled spud

Very interesting wormhole , Lyndsey Robb and the other horrific excuses for humans

Advertisement