Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removed from civil service panel

Options
  • 01-02-2024 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 17

Note:will the mods put this post in the correct forum please

I applied for a job in the civil service, I had to pick two locations, I got an offer last Autumn, it was a location that didn’t suit so I asked hr what would happen if I turned the job down so I was told by person and an email that I would be removed from the panel from the county that I got offered but I would remain on the panel for the other county, so I turned down the offer after serious thought

I made enquiries around Christmas and I was told that I was removed from the panel, I asked why and I was told that you can’t turn down a job and remain on a panel so I explained what I was told and I got an email back saying that I was given incorrect information and I am gone off the panel, so I once again explained my case

What would people think I should do next, surely I don’t think it’s right that I am penalised over incorrect information, I made my decision in good faith that I received correct information,I would appreciate all replies and views please

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement