Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Pretty good Smackdown.

Think Kross with AOP could actually work, so here's hoping cause he hasn't clicked on the main roster at all.

Tyler Bate getting called up is long overdue, he definitely has lost some of his momentum but hopefully this works out.

Thought the reveal of the 4-way was really cool and it's a great match-up. Aldis is crushing it as GM.

Still playing up the Rock connection, wondering if we might see him come out at the end of the 4-way to challenge Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Heyman not a very Wise man. When has attacking all potential opponents ever gone the way the champ has wanted? It always just ends up as a multi man match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,595 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mad that 70 year old Paul Ellering looks genuinely the toughest and most scary dude in that group the one guy you wouldn't want to cross in real life.

Had Kross a bit of difficulty lifting Bobby for his finisher

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Butch is no more

Pete Dunne is back

Both Melo and Theory injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

😬😬😬😬

• Advertisement

Looked bad, WWE have said they have "contustions" (bruises) on their face but will be okay. Scary moment though in what I thought was otherwise a good match. Have to shout out the officiating again though in WWE, second time in recent memory when the ref has been all over it and called the match. It's great to see them putting talent welfare first.

Bianca/Bayley was really good too. Bayley is getting tossed by someone from Damage Ctrl at the Rumble isn't she. Wondering if maybe it could be her going for Iyo at Mania. A face turn for her with the group imploding could be great though.

Main event was fine, did like the Shield powerbomb, although might have been better saving that spot for the Rumble 4-way. Randy yelling 'screw his big ass' as the show went off the air had me dying.

Also looks like we're getting the Bruiserweight back. Crossed my mind that Regal is allowed to appear on TV again now, a Regal managed British Strong Style would be sick.

I know there's still time but was hoping when Aldis was saying about ruining the main event that he was going to say the Bloodline were barred from ringside for the match at the Rumble.

With so many backstage bits and video packages, could they not have spared a couple of minutes for the women's tag title match next week? Like Alba and Isla are getting a title shot despite them not having a televised match since last June, just because they popped out of the boxes at Christmas. Could they not at least pretend to care about the women's tag division?

So her lawyer is the guy from NXT?

Yeah it's very much an afterthought in terms of planning and programming. I didn't really see the need for Chelsea and Piper to drop the belts at all I thought they were doing just fine with them in terms of TV time and exposure. They don't want to hotshot any titles it seems anymore with the exception of the women's tag belts and that scene is just a complete mess. Be better if Damage Ctrl (Kabuki Warriors) took them off the current champs and at least they'd be visible or somewhat relevant then.

That taker show is good but not sure id go see it again

Must give the podcast a listen

RKO fest coming

tis himself

Butch is dead. Long live Pete Dunne 😁

Very strong show from start to finish. Opening segment was great, I really think Styles and LA Knight could be a Mania match. Would absolutely love to see Orton get the title off Reigns but it's just not happening.

LWO/Legado Del Fantasma is a solid little feud, presumably we're getting Rey/Santos at Mania as well.

The heel turn for the Street Profits and Lashley went down like a stone but they do have something together so it's nice to see them restructure it with AOP/Kross being the villains.

Tag titles need to go to Damage Ctrl (Kabuki Warriors is my preference) as while I like Carter and Chance, the crowd is absolutely mild for them which is no surprise really given the lack of care to the women's tag division.

I didn't think Butch was the worst of character changes but Pete Dunne is such an improvement and nice for it to get a pop.

The four way was really well booked and hyped for it after this show. LA Knight getting mic time again is always great too. Agree that I could see Styles and Knight as a Mania feud. Although I think Knight is either gonna face Logan Paul for the US title at Mania or they're going to put the MITB briefcase on him this year.

That women's tag challenge was awkward as hell, definitely think the Kabuki Warriors should take the titles. Hopefully they can make something of the women's tag titles as it's the biggest weak spot in their women's division right now.

• Advertisement

Solo vs. Knight in go home show tonight before RR

Strange they only mentioned 2 of the 3 big WWE related news stories from this week. 😀

I do like how oblivious Bayley seems to be to how her team is turning against her. the way Asuka went to Dakota and Kairi more obviously ignored Bayley to go to Iyo. Of course it may have been unintentional since we know Kaiari and Iyo are closer.

On that note, good they gave the titles to the only team with weekly appearances and story, instead of random team number 3.

Lopez officially on Smackdown? Probably wrap up her story with Lola at Vengeance Day then be done with NXT.

Have to admit, Adam Pearce's hair did grow well. While ava got to show off her great personality and charisma on Smackdown that we get to see on NXT.

For the men's Rumble graphic, I was wondering for a second why Nakamura had the MitB briefcase.

SD commentary team will be Corey Graves and Wade Barrett

Who's the play by play and who's the colour?

Roman, Cody, Trick, Carmelo, Bron and Logan scheduled for tonight's show

So we get to hear from Cody twice in one week. So what order will the next matches take place Cody Vs Solo, Cody Vs Jimmy, Cody and partner Vs solo and Jimmy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Bayley is great. Such a sympathetic character as a face and fun as a heel too. But god I've always loved Kairi though.

KO likes Prime 😄

Where is Dakota?

Yep I like that Tiffany

So will Cody pick Seth opening the door for a certain great one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Tiffy is quite striking alright. Cody is surely picking Roman?

Advertisement