Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd say that nine out of ten don't. 🤣

(see what I did, there?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,923 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When you get the shower the perfect temperature , but when you sit down in it it’s roasting .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

a person who WhatsApps me at lunchtime apologising for being quiet, but they assure that everything is grand, they’d like to meet up soon etc….

5 minutes later I reply to them in a friendly and ‘sure no problem’ sort of, attitude…almost 8 hours later they haven’t replied, read or acknowledged that message.… 👀😅

so if you feel the requirement to apologise for something yet continue doing what you felt like apologising for !?

it’s more amusing / bizarre then trivial but as I’ve gotten to know this individual I’d hate to be having to rely on them for anything 😵‍💫…. Not flaky but unstructured and well, not reliable… actually probably flaky.

Connections nyt , I’m fairly sure I’ve guessed the right combination but it says no . But when it tells you the answer I was right all along .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

When people don't remove the tacking threads from vents in coats and jackets, or on pocket flaps. It looks weird. Do they not realise the tacking is to keep the vents flat during transport from factory to shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Currently The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida. Nothing too exciting. 😛

TA for today - my husbands family are lovely but I'm just all socialled out and couldn't be bothered going for lunch with them this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Boy racer cars that make that stupid "wooo" noise.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Always reminds me of a cheerleader who is just not that into cheering anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I ranted that very rant on here a while back. See also: labels left on the soles of shoes.

The doll on rediculous saying things are getting exciting . Of all things , that show is NOT exciting

• Advertisement

Are there not enough woman’s clothing labels and retailers that they don’t have to retail women’s clothes on my favourite label and shop that was started as an exclusively men’s clothing / fashion label ?

the one im talking about a few years ago had a small niche section for women’s fashion added to the back of their 100% men’s shop…

now that section has grown to about 60% of the shop and you go onto the website the first section to be marketed towards you is the woman’s clothing… why ? You have to click on a tab to get to the men’s section.

i just like my favourite fashion label just to have a site, own in store space and own stuff… to browse in, try on stuff and purchase ffs, online and in person…for men, exclusively, no difference to the exclusivity that women enjoy in theirs.

I don’t as a guy want to go into Pamela Scott, Paco wherever for my clothes, not a small section of men’s clothing or accessories do I want in either…I’m quite content to leave them to it there and at it there and wherever forever… why is it impossible that guys can’t just have a …men’s exclusive fashion / clothing / accessories shop nowadays ? Leave us to have our own stuff, our own space…. to have, utilise, shop in and enjoy…. Feck sake !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

Last night, dude driving by in a boy racer mobile, unbelievably low suspension. Approaches speed bump on the road, but instead of going over it as normal, he tried to pull left so the left wheel wouldn't go over the bump.

Somehow he made a balls of it and lost control, causing the car to lurch hard left, and mount the footpath right beside me scaring seven shades of scutter out of me.

But at least he's happy his car looks like there are four elephants in it.

And it went woooo when he drove off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Just spilt a glass of water from the bedside table onto my bed. It's soaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

One was tearing around yesterday, they really are like big children who shouldn't be let out on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

When you are rushing out the door of the house and you haven't time to finish your tea, and it's the nicest cup EVER !!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got into my car this morning and I noticed the seat was moved, them when I went to park it I noticed my mirror was also off.

Now I'm thinking was there somebody else in the car and will I be framed for something!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Or are you in somebody else's car, and that's what you are going to be arrested for?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

That's why pedestrians should consider keeping a small rock in the pocket. Also useful against intentional puddle-splashing drivers. 😈

My trivial annoyance is that I'm sort of doing work-work on a bank holiday weekend when nobody expects me to. (Or any weekend for that matter.) Still, it'll make my day easier on Tuesday. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Take off the Lady Gaga platforms and it will sort itself out.

Wake me up when it's all over.

I’ve did that before , and scared the bejayus out of the girl in it waiting for her mother . It wasn’t even the same make as mine , just a similar colour . Lock your doors people !

• Advertisement

I'll be doing the same on Monday, cause I did the absolute square root of fcuk all yesterday.

The footballer Richarlison…

when he’s not kicking lumps out of people he’s rolling around on the deck like he’s been shot in a car crash, …

make up you mind, a hard case or a limp gimp… which is it ?

Dog dangleberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

People responding to a social media post with the words, "here here" when they mean "hear hear".

Using "robbed" as a synonym for "stolen".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

De poor angles.

My TA, clearly sitting at a bar waiting for another pint long enough for bar person to know, but randomers walking up to the counter getting served ahead of me. Don't want prefrential treatment but a bar person should be more alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

Jaysus the price of underpants! Went into a sports direct today and seventy euro for 2 x 2 packs of boxers!

I'll be cutting holes in pillow cases

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Spicy wedges that aren't spicy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭This is it

Stairs... Lived in a bungalow for 30 odd years. Hopefully get a stair lift in the next 35-40 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,490 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The recent phenomenon of spelling names differently, to make your child stand out, and be more special.

An example is Kayden or Kayleigh.

Over the last few years, looking though local press, I have seen them spelt so many different ways:

Kayden Kayleigh

Cayden Kaylee

Caiden Kayley

Etc

Also seen a new version of Ayveen the other day, spelt like that.

Same kids will be getting annoyed in the future when folk misspell their names. Well go and moan at your parents, not me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement