Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

No one would even know about the Invictus Games if Harry & Meghan hadn't promoted them. Harry made a documentary which had the spotlight on the veterans. The Invictus supporters clearly love Harry and Meghan. Pity the RF are so jealous, they couldn't even wish the British veterans involved a good luck when the team went to Germany. And, the British Armed Services have stopped funding the Invictus Games and they are now funded by the British Legion. Hopefully the RF/British gutter press don't attack the Legion for doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So literally every thing these 2 do is evil.

That is an unhealthy state of hate to be completely consumed by.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

So literally everyone...*roll call*...the media, the Royal Family, their associates, the Markles, basically anyone critical of the infallible H&M is evil.

That is an unhealthy state of hate (and delusion) to be completely consumed by.

The British tabloids - Daily Mail, Express, the Sun

Murdock owned conservative like The Times

Conservative right wing/anti-woke papers like The Telegraph (and Spectator magazine) -

And of course their Royal Rota,/Royal experts like Tom Bower etc.

Of the Royals - Charles, Camilla, William and Kate (who have an agenda against them because of pressure put on them by the racist British press

These are the ones that fuel the hate. Samantha Markle is a nasty piece of work who manipulated her father to betray his daughter and Meghan's half sister.

Thats about it.

An agenda against them because of pressure placed on them by the press. The realms of conspiracy theory.

Also, Thomas is the victim now? Where you come up with this stuff I have no idea but it is certainly entertaining.

What I find ironic is that posters here get accused of hatred for providing basic criticism of H&M while other posters display actual hatred of any public person or entity remotely critical of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Having included much of the British press, Tom - never been sued by H&M - Bowers etc, the adult members of the Royal Family* ahead of Harry in the Line of Succession who Meghan would have had to curtsey to, had she stayed the course, I am still going to squeeze in an article in The Times which makes interesting reading and is germane to the "discussion"** we are having about African Parks

*I expect the children to be added to the list, perhaps when they come of age?

** I use the word "discussion" in the loosest possible terms

From the article regarding his move from President to Board member, post complaints

Harry still accepted a promotion from a purely figurehead position to one that will be far more demanding.

Now a former member of African Parks’ management team, who asked not to be named, has questioned the Duke of Sussex’s suitability for a governance role guiding the charity’s management through complex and dangerous contexts.

“Harry has neither the tools nor experience to navigate his way through such crises,” they told The Times, backing demands for him to step down.

Being a Board member, at least in Ireland and the UK, sets onerous obligations on them. Let's see if he will stand up to these obligations

https://archive.ph/5FSxE

Just a symbiotic relationship - the RF & the tabloids are dependent on each other for their survivial. The tabloids could bury the RF if they wanted to. And of course, the tabloids need to fill their pages with something a bit more substantial than Charles and Camilla cutting ribbons.

Daily Mail were publishing pictures of very unflattering photos of him buying cans of beer and looking pretty sloppy. So, yes, he was a victim as well. Then Samantha got in on the act of making some money, writing her book, Princess Pushy and selling interviews to the British papers. Note, she wasn't talking to the US press because it is not allowed to pay for interviews in the US!

Diagnosing someone as being a narcissist isn't basic criticism. Criticising everything they do isn't basic. When has said that they have done something good. For example, have any of you credited Meghan for the work she did with the Grenfell Tower Women, or Harry for his work with the Invictus Games. All that you ever do is criticise. That isn't normal or right.

The reason why Tom Bowers is difficult to sue is because all he does is repeat stuff that the Daily Mail etc. have written (and Samantha Markle in her book Princess Pushy). Though in one or two comments that he wrote in his book about Meghan were refuted. One was from the cast of Suits (he claimed that they said she was difficult to work with) and a journalist who interviewed Meghan for The Cut, wrote to the Times refuting some of the comments that he was reputed to have made about Meghan. Tom Bower's book is not distributed in Canada because of the risk of defamation. That tells you all you need to know about Bower.

If William's children turn into their father, yes they will be criticised.

You need to have a look at the Board of African Parks to think that the Governance is dependant on Prince Harry's experience of governance. There is a former Prime Minister of a country there, a retired former senior staff member of the EU and quite a few graduates of Harvard/Stanford University.

Is the reason why there is this attack on Harry due to Harry ''stealing the Elephants and Lions from William.'' Is this attack issued by William because he is jealous that the managers of the lions and the elephants in Africa want Harry and not him on their boards?

I can’t imagine that Prince William is jealous of Harry at all. However, I wouldn’t be so confident about Harry not being jealous of William. I’ve not read “Spare” but I understand it gives a number of jealous instances. Think ‘sausage’, if you need a clue.

Why did you post an article then which said that 'William claimed the Lions, tigers and elephants were his'? He must have been upset with Harry for not backing off and was obviously chosen by African Parks over William! And of course, Meghan narrated a documentary about the migration of elephants! That must have hurt William.

• Advertisement

Oh and the sausages. This is the context according to Burrell (Diana's butler) who was certainly no fan of Harry's because he was critical of him.

.....Harry objected: “How come he gets three and I get only two?”

Burrell said that their nanny replied: “William needs filling up more than you. He’s going to be king one day.”

Burrell said: “When I look back now, I think maybe I was glimpsing the dynamic at play … Harry would fall quiet and suck it up, but that’s what he had to contend with, even in his own home.”

Similar comments about the bedroom. William got a nice room, Harry didn't.

William was treated differently to Harry when they were children growing up. Would you treat your kids like that?

Prince Philip was very hard on Charles. Maybe William could have done with a bit of that treatment!

Harry didn't get a nice room? In Kensington Palace. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It's fairly common for the older child to get the bigger room. At least Harry didn't get stuck in a box room like many an Irish kid. Do you realise how ridiculous it sounds to be complaining about his bedroom in a literal palace and about how many sausages their cook/butler prepared?

Well, I put that "quote" in a box marked - "Stuff that's according to the Gospel of Harry" - and treat it with scepticism.

Interesting that you raise Meghan's voiceover of Elephant. Would that be as a result of Harry touting for business for Meghan with Bob Iger at the Lion King Premier, when he could have been at an annual Memorial service for the Marines?

I'm sure there was the usual sibling rivalry when they were growing up, but I really can't think of one thing that William would be jealous of Harry.

Balmoral, not Kensington:

In one of the chapters, he penned: "Balmoral had fifty bedrooms, one of which had been divided for me and Willy. Adults called it the nursery. Willy had the larger half, with a double bed, a good-sized basin, a cupboard with mirrored doors, a beautiful window looking down on the courtyard, the fountain, the bronze statue of a roe deer buck. My half of the room was far smaller, less luxurious. I never asked why. I didn’t care. But I also didn’t need to ask. Two years older than me, Willy was the Heir, whereas I was the Spare."

Why are you making such a big deal about the room. He didn't care.

He cared sufficiently to write about it, in some detail. Why would that be?

Because he wrote in great detail about staying in Balmoral (including descriptions about how the Queen's corgis preferred the lift to the stairs, how beautiful the entrance hall was etc). Its interesting as well that while Balmoral had 50 bedrooms, they choose to split one for the boys, rather than give them a room each! Or even if they wanted them to share a room, why put up a partitition in the first place?

Meghan had already done the voiceover at that stage. Harry was having a joke with Bob Iger, thats all. She already had the job (and did not get a fee!) But you and many other keep spreading this bull started by Piers (couldn't lie straight in bed) Morgan that Harry was touting Meghan to Bob Iger for work! The joke is on you that you didn't catch on to that fact.

As for not going to the memorial. According to Kensinington Palace, he wasn't invited. These memorials usually take place during the day, so I imagine Harry could have attended if invited.

What is strange is that the bombing took place on 22 September 1989 when 11 bandsmen were killed. Why would they be commemorating that on July 14. Surely its normal to commemorate it on the date that it happened. Can anyone explain that?

A castle with 50 bedroom and they felt the need to put a partition in one of these rooms for the boys! Really odd!

And its the reasoning as to why Harry had to get less sausages than William. It seems like the Nanny felt that William needed to be made feel important.

Edit: or maybe it was a bit of staff bullying - they didn't think that Harry was Charles' son!

It's a recurring theme - unable to find the right fit property wise. Tyler Perry’s mega mansion - ‘wasn’t their style’. Harry preferred a smaller property (with 16 bathrooms...lol). SA Governer Residence?- ‘a housing unit’. Nottingham Cottage? - ‘Frat house’ Windsor Castle - ‘Like a tomb'. Frogmore Cottage? Had to make it 'livable'. Even Elvis’ Graceland was noted to be ‘like a badger den’. And throw in the non-newsworthy-keep-'em-in-the-news PR articles about them wanting to move from Montecito and be closer to LA, to relocate across the coast to New York. Like his room as a kid, never seemingly happy with anything.

• Advertisement

Wow! We really have gone off the reservation now.

What are you responding to? At the moment we are talking about why there was a need to put a partition up in a bedroom so that two brothers could share in a 50 bedroom castle. Why the need to partitition it if they wanted them to share? Any clues from you as to why they would do that?

Edit: Its Karppi's turn to jump in next😃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭maebee

Presumably prostate cancer. Wonder will Harry take time to visit his dad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭suvigirl

It literally says in the article that it is not prostate cancer ?

Charles looks exactly like Philip in that photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭suvigirl

the royal family don't have the run of all the palaces you know?

they can't just decide to swop around and use different bedrooms. A certain amount are for private use. They are run by the property section of the royal households. It's not like you going to stay in your grannys gaf.

Did you not learn that when Harry didn't give the correct amount of notice and couldn't stay in Windsor?

Balmoral is a privately owned estate by Charles now and QEII back then. It was purchased by Prince Albert as a gift for Queen Victoria in 1852.

So, the Royal Family definately had and have the run of Balmoral. And Wiliam & Harry were staying in their granny's gaf.

"Balmoral had fifty bedrooms, one of which had been divided for me and Willy. Adults called it the nursery. Willy had the larger half, with a double bed, a good-sized basin, a cupboard with mirrored doors, a beautiful window looking down on the courtyard, the fountain, the bronze statue of a roe deer buck. My half of the room was far smaller, less luxurious. I never asked why. I didn’t care. But I also didn’t need to ask. Two years older than me, Willy was the Heir, whereas I was the Spare."

The bigger half. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Of course he will FFS, it's his father first and foremost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It says it's not prostate cancer and that Harry is travelling.

He better start making up with William now.

Advertisement