Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Speaking of the 2 Liga, Hansa Rostock fans had a disgusting tifo yesterday referencing a racist attack on an asylum center that happened in Rostock 30 years ago.

https://www.kicker.de/hansa-fans-provozieren-wieder-mit-lichtenhagen-anspielung-980976/artikel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

They should be higher up, but they're still well short. You could see that especially when they played St.Pauli, who played them off the park in the Olympic Stadium.

The Union thing is a bit surprising. They were seconds from getting a draw away to Real Madrid and were 2 up against Braga, before throwing it away.

I read 'The Turning Season' a while back. A book about the clubs that played the last season of old DDR top flight. It's a good read. It does appear that a few of those clubs have a lot of far right carry on happening, which has led to long time fans walking away and not associating with those clubs anymore.

That was some own goal and a half from Hamburg 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The pass from Ramos was less than ideal but it's still fine, until it hits a lump in the pitch. What are the odds.

First goal was nonsense as well with VAR ignoring the most obvious foul which let Irvine get so open for the half volley. We're going to be destroyed on the counter now trying to get back into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Saarbrucken haven't stopped yet

To "mis-quote" a famous bad quote. "They'll be trembling on the streets of Borussia, in January."

Quarter-final draw threw up.

Hertha only 4 points off the playoffs whoop whoop! Then again, there's only 8 points between 12th and 3rd.

CAS confirmed Köln's transfer ban for the next 2 windows today. 17th at the break and being unable to register any new players in January or the summer is a very dodgy position to be in.

Baumgart also stepped down due to their poor performance in the first 17 games.

As I hoped it would be, the RBL v Leverkuson match is a good one so far.

Post edited by Acosta on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fair play to Leverkusen, what a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Big weekend that, Leverkusen with a last minute winner and Bayern lose at home to Bremen, Leverkusen 7 clear at the top, Bayern with a game in hand however. Can they do it?

Hopefully Leverkusen can do it. Bayern generally don't play very well and look very disjointed. They have enough individual talent to get away with it most of the time.

Emotional scenes at the Olympic Stadium earlier, after the sad death of Kay Bernstein. A draw probably a fair result. Hertha are getting too many of them though. But I don't think Dardi could be getting much more from this group of players than he already is. Scherhant filled in well for Reese today.

Bookies think so 10/11 Bayern Munchen, 1/1 Bayer Leverkusen, 200/1 RB Leipzig

10Feb2024 Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munchen!

Tomorrow night Bayern host Union Berlin, who are 4th from bottom on 14 points. They have picked up half their points in the last 4 games though, and Bayern have also lost twice in five! With the upcoming table-topping clash coming so soon, Die Roten can't afford to drop any more points.

10th Feb should be a cracker.

• Advertisement

Sky behaving weirdly again. 9 times out of 10, even when there's a Saturday 5.30pm EPL game on Sky, they will also have Bundesliga on at the same time on another channel.

This evening with no EPL on, they have relegated Bundesliga to their youtube channel, while showing live netball on TV. And bear in mind the match features Leverkuson. One of the most inform teams in Europe at the moment. 18.5k currently watching on YouTube. A match that wasn't advertised. Sometimes I get the feeling Sky are afraid people might actually get into the Bundesliga.

It was hailed by several of the English language journalists as the "biggest" international rights deal the Buli has ever secured and it has ended up being an embarrassment.

I have Sky DE so it doesn't affect me personally, but it's still maddening. BT did a top job when they had the rights, covering the Friday game, Saturday evening game and both Sunday games in addition to a 2.Liga game on Friday evening, Saturday morning and Sunday morning and the Monday night game when there was one. Now there is zero 2.Liga on TV and one or two Buli games.

This matchday the only game they've put on TV is the Eintracht/Mainz game last night. Both of tomorrow's games are only on YouTube as well.

The only positive is that they do continue to put three or four 2.Bundesliga games on YouTube every week. I've been enjoying watching that this season.

But on a weekend where there' no EPL on, and they decide to move most of their Bundesliga content to YouTube, it's hard to feel slightly conspiratorial about the whole thing.

0-0 draw and the gap is 2 points.

BMG away at Bayern next weekend. Can they stifle them as well. First 0-0 in 20 years they said??

Hertha are not getting promoted with their current back line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Why is there tennis balls being thrown by the fans in the Hamburg game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's a protest against the DFB plans to allow private investors to to invest in Bundesliga teams.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Thanks!

I didnt know that at all.

How much of a stake can they invest/takeover of a club?

It's not about investing in teams exactly. The DFL want to sell TV/marketing rights to private investors. One of the deals reportedly on offer if I remember correctly is €1b for 8% over the next 20 years. Teams narrowly voted in favour allowing the DFL to negotiate with investors last month.

Fans don't like it because once you let private investors in it's a slippery slope. Business people who make a significant financial investment are going to push for the biggest return possible on that investment which could lead to nonsense like the Supercup being held in the Middle East, like what La Liga and Serie A are doing now.

More protests at the Hamburg v Hanover game last light. It stopped play for about 25 minutes. Entertaining game despite all that. Hanover won it 4-3

I would assume there'll be some protests for the big game this evening. A good job Kane is involved, or sky would probably put it on youtube.

Should be a cracker.

Wow Bayern have been atrocious, did they even test Hrádecký?

I'd be surprised if Tuchel is there next season tbh

Serious finish from frimpong for the 3rd even if Neuer was still in the wrong half of the pitch

Will he make it to the end of the season? The CL might decide that.

Never rated him as a manager, and Bayern, for their squad, have not been great this season so far.

Bayern have been poor all season, but that was really bad. They didn't have a sniff at goal.

If Bayern fancy their chances at getting Klop, then Tuchel might survive until the summer. I do find it hard to picture him there though. Maybe in a few years.

• Advertisement

If I’d to bet I’d say Klopp will take the Germany gig post euros and do a World Cup with em

Back to back red cards for Upamecano and Bayern losing 3-1 away at Bochum, they’ll be 8 behind Leverkusen. Tuchels head on the block you’d imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Tuchel will be gone but with Leverkusen 8 clear they may not even drop 8 points from now until the end of the season.

11 months since they sacked Nagelsmann because "the treble was in danger".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

great to see bayern lose again

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭RedCardKid

Maybe they'll just get Hansi Flick back in as manager. I kind of forgot about him until earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I doubt it. A Bayern legend he is, but he's nearly 80 and has been out of the game for a few years now.

• Advertisement

Stephen Kenny couldn't do any worse than Tuchel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Makes the most sense alright. Was absolutely incredible with them in his last spell - but he needed to take on that Germany job when it was offered, after spending 8 years waiting for it under Löw as an assistant. Now that's out of his system a return to Bayern would seem to suit everyone. He's also available right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Sad news about Andreas Brehme today.

Tuchel officially leaving in the summer, strangely not now. Alonsos agents phone is going to get very busy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bayern board really have made some terrible decisions these last few years.

• Advertisement

Now sure whats to be gained from leaving him in charge to the end of the season?

He has ruined them. They are playing terribly. No coherent style. Creating little, players don't look happy. They won't win anything if he's staying.

Get rid now, and they just might have a slim chance of retaining the league and putting up a good fight in the CL. Hansi Flick might be a good appt now.

It's nice to see fans still have a say in the way their league is run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Unbelievable really, considering where they were 18 months ago!

You can't help but fell Alonso has to make a move this summer though. Its like he had maxed every drop from this team and they can't get any better!

Sky's interest in Bundesliga 2 has faded. Just one game on their YouTube channel this weekend. So annoying, as I was watching plenty of games this season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement