Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein and how do they form a government dilemma

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Augme

"Answer a question with a question. Standard stuff.' Given that exactly what you did to me the irony of this is hilarious. Either stop crying and answer my question or stop replying to me my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DaveCliftonAP

I don't believe for a second you only chose SF in 2020 and voted FG or FF before that. Your old account was as obsessed with SF as your current one is. You were saying FG and FF were run by criminals in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nothing I can do to prove it.

You believe whatever you want whatever difference it makes to you. Would it change the points made if I was really a white bearded old man in the Antrim hills?

I suspect a few here are other party members but I really couldn’t care less if they are or not, it doesn’t give their posts any more gravitas or importance. I just argue my position.

Thread is not about me either so that’s all I am saying. If you have an issue contact a mod

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

SF finances are vetted regularly - go look it up. Personally what I see is as party that knows how to manage its money. Pity our current government doesn't know how to also do that. What the 'massive portfolio' is, is no-ones business, though im sure whoever it making the claims has the information.

Join SF and ask at a meeting. thats really the best way to get the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

THis is what you posted

Again, another southern expert who is going to go on a tour of Northern ireland telling all the nationalists and catholics that sinn fein did absolutely nothing to help them.

Who was trying to help them up there during the 70s and 80s then? DUP? The British Government

I already answered the comment about "southern expert". That backfired

In terms of who was trying to help people in Northern Ireland? Loads of people. Mostly people in Northern Ireland and in the Republic. The likes of John Hume and other.

Do you think killing nationalist, brutal beating and knee capping was helping them? because I certainly don't and I don't expect you do.

How exactly did blowing up a couple of children shopping in a Boots help the Catholic/nationalists community?

• Advertisement

I agree with the original 'another southern expert' classification. Prime evidence tis the post above.

all the above is, is financial issues that have been resolved. Go read the articles. Most are oversights that anyone could make. Just somehow whinging about SF gets people to buys the papers. 'Here little sheepy - buy my paper because SF has done something - though they probably will have fixed it by the time we report it' type headlines.

like, one is MLMCD apologising for the issues. Hows that a negative thing?

We were getting nearly one a week breaking SIPO regs. from government parties. The Taoiseach is currently on his 4th attempt to tell the truth about donations to him and is under investigation.

The funny thing is the indictment of the law, tax and regulatory authorities @Clo-Clo is making if he knows SF have committed criminal offences and they have done nothing about it.

Thread is about Sinn Fein. THis is the usual look in other direction post.

• Advertisement

My post was about SF and how there is nothing exceptional about their issues in comparison to others. And how you are indicting the Gardai, Revenue and SIPO.

Why haven’t SF been charged with criminal offences if you, a random person, can allege they have committed them?

how about posting relevant material. your last bunch of links are all over the shop

Information on Sinn Fein on a Sinn Fein thread is not relevant. That's a new angle to shut down the conversation on anything negative on Sinn Fein.

To finish this, Sinn Fein are the richest party in Ireland, the have a huge property portfolio. Both of which have been reported for year

When they do provide information on these they get caught out constantly and the "opp's we didn't know" response comes back and "oh we will hide fix that next time"

Now the question is how did a party with so little support either side of the border suddenly build up this empire? People can only guess. But the PSNI and the Gardai spent years trying to identify the criminal gains the PIRA had built up but never really uncovered them. This included a huge property portfolio that the PIRA managed to build up while seemingly protecting the nationalist community.

why they needed a property portfolio as an army is also up for discussion? did having property in Spain help the people of Northern Ireland?

Of course for the richest party and the so called defenders of "da working man" it is strange to see that Sinn Fein have a habit of not actually paying their bills.

Why would a rich party not pay their bills? also are these companies afraid to ask for the money? I don't know. Maybe the online supporters could get some feedback on why Sinn Fein refuse to pay bills

Anyway we can only speculate. Leave you guys to that

All fabulous stuff from Ed.

But not a word of it backed up either.

You have another savage indictment of your government in there too (well several actually)

Quoting an unnamed Irish official, US ambassador James Kenny told his colleagues in Washington that the Dublin government had "rock solid" evidence the two men sat on the IRA's ruling Army Council and, therefore, would have "known in advance" that the raid was going to take place.

So Ed is telling you @Clo Clo that YOUR government has 'rock solid' evidence that Gerry is in the IRA had knowledge of a bank job and have done NOTHING about it.

He is also telling us that even though they can forensically trace Russian money around the world, tell us how much Bertie had in his pocket in 1980, that Sean Quinn has shopping centres and money squirrelled away in Fredonia or somewhere, but they haven't been able to pin a single one of these 'undeclared' properties to SF?

A 2010 article full of the same unbacked up insinuation and allegation that is parroted here, that went precisely nowhere, so we have to assume the last thing it is, is 'evidence' of anything..

"Loads of people"? Would that include the British Government?

Well, they obviously didn't mind too much given the overwhelming support Sinn Fein have in the North and in nationalist communities. Explain that one to me and tell me how they are wrong to be supporting Sinn Fein.

It helped bring about equal treatment in the North for catholics and stopped them getting murdered by the British army.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Nothing I can do to prove it.

Correct, but there is plenty of evidence available to suggest that you have zero credibility in what you say, considering your previous misdemeanours and sockpuppetry on this site.

People are free to make up their own minds, and it appears they have.

If there is to be a coalition government MLMD is laying out very clearly that a UI Plan will be a major policy plank of any programme for government on News At One.

As pointed out already, support after they stop been part of the murdering and maiming of people across all communities.

Hardly could be described as "overwhelming support" either. Depends on the angle you want to throw at it

First preferences they got 250k in the assembly vote from a population of 1.8m which 45% are catholics. So less than half the catholics in Northern Ireland voted for Sinn Fein. EVen when you take children into consideration

That's without even considering the other communities who might have voted for them.

MLMD is good at talking.

As pointed out already, support after they stop been part of the murdering and maiming of people across all communities.

Unfortunately, as pointed out this ^^ doesn't meet the reality test.

1988, 10 years before the GFA they had 11% and one MP.

It was those numbers (they continued to grow up to 1998) that allowed Hume to insist that SF be at the table in any peace negotiations. Their omission was the mistake he made with the disastrous Sunningdale Agreement which only made the situation worse and more intractable.

As the saying goes, you can have your opinion, you can't have the facts.

once more, lots of waffle but you havent actually said anything whatsoever. They are rich because they know how to handle and use money - unlike FF or FG. Thats really your whole point - they are the richest party in ireland - and the most popular. I can see that grinds you, but its how things are. get with reality. Im sure the thought of a statelet that was designed to keep irish nationalists/republicans at bay now being jointly run by Irish republicans must rub deeply too. Waa Waa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The focus on a United Ireland will turn many right off TBH as they have more on their minds these days. The SF focus should be on sorting out the ROI first and foremost, and THEN move on to discussions about a UI.

But I'll give the Northern crowd their day in the sun in the Assembly and congrats to Michelle O'Neill. However I haven't seen SF able to deliver all that much up North. Maybe they are waiting for a UI to sort it all out for them!

As you can see, I am not and never will be a SF supporter, but I haven't got any animosity towards them. I just wish they would stop speaking out of both sides of their mouths.

Why don't you tell us what you want to see them deliver?

And we'll see what has prevented it from being delivered.

Ah go on, you tell me first. I'll bow to your superior knowledge of all things SF. But I suspect your answer will be intransigent DUP etc. OK that's probably true, but look they have to change their tune now to focus on making NI the best place EVAH for its populace, in order to prevent or substantially delay any talk/benefit of a UI.

I think that would be a great thing.

So you think they should deliver because they haven't delivered much but you don't know what they should deliver.

Bye now. No point. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

Talk about clutching at staws. I'm sure certain one or two of those 1.8m are under 18 and not allowed vote as by the way. As mentioned, they had significant support before the ceasefire. They are the most popular party in the North, and by a significant distance as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

NI political system isn't based on the most popular party or even the party that wins the most votes its a multiparty system with prop-up deals and decision supporters the DUP don't have a majority currently but their withdrawal if they choose to do so will bring the whole house of cards down again.

just an FYI, Ireland is full of republicans who have nothing to do with Sinn Fein.

Shows a total lack of understanding of Irish history.

• Advertisement

Big increase last election was Alliance, let’s hope it continues and Northern Ireland finally gets the representation the people deserve. 24 years of SF and DUP some the GFA and they have achieved ? 🤔

Advertisement