Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Both my brother and my sister have been to CP with their kids and really enjoyed it. My brother, his OH and their little boy have been there twice or three times now and are going back in April. He is now just turned 4 but it has been suitable for him each time. The others only went once but similar ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

100%, you will love it! We've been four times, I just love it - got my family to give me vouchers for it at Christmas so that we can go either later this year or early next year. The only thing that lets it down are the food options - the restaurants are fairly poor. We tend to do our own dinners in the lodge.

If you do go, book Ms. Loughc into the spa for the three hour experience or whatever they call it - it is amazing!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh god shout with the spa experience! That'll be a must do for her but a nice surprise and well deserved for her!

It's dear enough but worth every penny - it's bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Just noticed that sunset in Dublin today isn't until 17:05, that's practically a full extra hour of daylight compared to the earliest sunset in December, which is at 16:06 for 10 days. It's so noticeable at this time of year and nice for it to be still bright after finishing work. I used to find it so hard trekking into and home from the office in the dark. We'll have nearly another hour of daylight by the end of February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think there's some Werewolf fans here. Necro is running a Traitors game which is WW based on the show if anyone wants to play.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah I would love to play but the timing doesn’t suit with work.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Less than 2 hours of winter left! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Happy February y'all!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

1st of February and 1st day of Spring!

1st Bank holiday this weekend (well I know Jan 1st was but that counts as Christmas to me)

Grand stretch in the evenings this week.

Alot to look forward to!

• Advertisement

That Jan didn't hang around at all, I was expecting it to go quick for me as I was off work for most of it on paternity leave but it seems to have gone by quickly across the board.

Hard to believe that outside of Feb there is only 8 more months of being "out of season" and to be honest the latter end of the year goes so quick it's scary seeing January fly by.

Fastest January for me for as long as I can remember.

With my current workload can see February being a flyer too, even with it being a leap year. And especially now matches for my GAA team start back up again too so weekends will go even faster than before with Boys matches on Saturdays & girls on Sundays...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Happy Friday everyone and hello 3 day weekend!

Looking forward to the long weekend! Much milder out there today too, although very wet. Rugby on tonight too - looking forward to a takeaway & a glass of vino!

Definitely milder today. I'm just back from walking around to the Post Office and I had a few too many layers on!

Looking forward to the rugby tonight. I don't remember Ireland having many Friday night games before, but I think it's a great time and a nice way to start the Bank Holiday weekend. That's hoping that they win, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Heading away tomorrow and not back until start of March so will hopefully miss the rest of our winter. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Oh wow that’s a nice spell. You going anywhere nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bluebell woods

Wait wait, please …

how does this kind of magic occur?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Yes, Nerja in Spain. Lovely spot with a lovely winter climate, blue skies and warm days.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Have a great time @Cork Lass , I'm not jealous at all I swear 😊

Great win for Ireland last night, they really took the game away from France and broke them with their superior skill.

• Advertisement

Still buzzing after the rugby... what a performance from Ireland.

Off to Glencullen for a friendly match soon so if nothing else will get some fresh air. Loads of our lads missing so can see us taking a bit of a tonking.

I really viewed that match last night as the championship decider it was such a big match. I really hope we push on now.

If we play at 80% of that level for the remaining games we'll win another slam. Ireland and France mils ahead of the other 4. Only fear is England building momentum and the Twickenham game being a decider with us carrying injuries or suchlike.

We are the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

We absolutely are. Made the WC all the more disappointing, first time I wholeheartedly say we choked.

Looks to be behind them now so the slam is definitely on

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Very jealous Cork Lass. I spent a week there two years ago, drinking a lot of sparkling Sangria from Esquina Paulina. I would love to be sipping one in the Spanish heat right now. Enjoy!

That's the thing that really annoyed me at the world cup. Us vs NZ and France vs S.A quarter finals looked like they were playing a different game to the ones that England and Argentina played in. Us and France are a least a level or two above the rest alright.

Be interesting to see what the other 4 teams bring to the table in today's games.

Love this. Also the illustrations are great. Great IG page to follow. Her Christmas posts would make a stone weep.

So it turns out my in-laws didn’t know it was a bank holiday weekend until we told them yesterday! 🙈🤷‍♂️

obviously not hanging onto it like the rest of us 😂

Are they retired? If not, can you tell me what jobs they have so I can apply. 😄

Absolutely snowed under in work lately, one of my colleagues has left for a month on stress leave and he needs it and fair play to him hope the break does him good. He's a good guy and very genuine but does think about everything too much so happy for him doing this. But unfortunately it does up my work load and I was shattered when I got home yesterday. Sorry for the post but don't exactly feel very seasonal at the moment.

Think this could be my last year where I am, am giving a lot of thought to start looking elsewhere later in the year.

But on the bright side I chilled for most of the day yesterday and am doing very little today, wife and I will go out for a bite to eat and a drink at about 5pm. Hope everyone is having a great bank holiday weekend.

• Advertisement

Just back from the grocery shop, and whilst we knew it would be a big one as we ran out of everything this week we weren't expecting over €400!!! Even with vouchers it cost us €340! Cost of living with 2 hungry 13 yo's isn't coming down anytime soon in our house.

The last couple were about half that so we were due a biggie but still.... yowsa!

Advertisement