Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Case Review of Sophie Tuscan du Plantier murder to proceed. **Threadbans in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,175 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There is nothing in Sophie's detailed writings diary etc recording any mention of Ian or Eoin Bailey.

These witnesses crawled out of the woodwork with these memories when the French needed them.

Memories none of them are on record as mentioning this around the time of the murder.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

Alfie said he was 90%

The guy above said he was a friend of Sophie's

That's just 2 I'm aware of and indicates that bailey is more than likely lying

Eye witnesses get details wrong about crimes they witnessed. Recollections of trivial details from before the murder, only surfacing years later are highly dubious.

Among the other guys was Leo Bolger, who remembered this years after the fact, doesn't seem to have told anyone at the time of the murder this nugget of information and is a convicted criminal. Another dodgy memory remembered years after the fact by a dodgy character.

And there's nothing in Sophie's detailed diaries mentioning Bailey. But supposedly she was going around telling friends about him. Doesn't add up and never has.

You're constructing a dodgy narrative to discount testimony there oddysey

Whats dodgy about pointing out there is no record of Bailey in Sophies diary? Yet apparently she thought it worth mentioning to some of her friends?

But note another friend who gave statement in the months after the murder dont mention Bailey at all but mention Carbonnet as being on her mind as a psychopath.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/film-director-is-key-sophie-du-plantier-witness-say-french-authorities/30242064.html

The case against Bailey is based on a dodgy narrative. Dodgy testimony, dodgy characters abound, dodgy Garda conduct. And yes you could say Bailey is dodgy but thats often the sort of person who ends up a victim of a miscarriage of justice. They are their own worst enemies... some sort of outsider to the community... a set of unlucky coincidences. It happens.

Which is why we have DPP to gatekeep evidence and guard against unsafe prosecutions, by establishing a bar for evidence.

• Advertisement

Of course nothing is proven here and Bailey has never been charged

It's a stretch for me to believe both testimonies are wrong

The odds are simply against it

A little coincidental she gets killed on her first solo stay in cork

Also she was leaving on the 24th

I wonder did Bailey know all this

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ms Robini

What errors did you notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

There was mention of her missing travel diary. If true would be a very interesting read. Probably destroyed now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭Deeec

I doubt Bailey knew she was definitely alone - Sophie's husband definitely did know she was alone though. The Hellens and the Ungerers knew she was alone and possibly Alfie and Shirley knew.

Oh and the plumber knew if he fixed the heating during her stay.

There's no suspicion about Daniel from the families or the gardai

They were in phone contact that night and contrary to posts here they weren't splitting up

In the netflix documentary the family discuss that they were surprised Daniel didn't go to Ireland after the murder. They also mention that Daniel was in financial difficulties. They also mention that Daniel was very well connected in France and Chirac was a very good friend of his. They don't say anything much else about him but it's clear they didn't have much of a relationship with him so we can interpret that as we wish.

Not adding up to much more than a conspiracy theory that lot

Him not coming over is another red herring same as Alfi going to the dump

Source for your claim they weren't splitting up?

Given that Daniel had a pregnant(?) mistress at the time that he married in 1998 after Sophie's murder, you will understand why it is considered a dubious one.

😂 Right so are you saying that it's a lie that Daniel didn't come to Ireland and it's a lie that Shirley went to the dump after discovering her neighbour murdered.

You do realise that both above did actually happen and are not red herrings at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It is a lie that Daniel didn't come to Ireland after the murder.

You need to do some research on what you are talking about because it's evident you know very little of the facts.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

He didn't come to Ireland immediately after the death afaik

I believe he arranged her funeral in France ?

Is there evidence of this financial difficulties?

The divorce speculation doesn't appear to be accurate

Daniel did not travel to Ireland with the family after Sophie was murdered. He stayed in France. This is not a lie - it is fact

• Advertisement

Look at the Netflix documentary - Sophie's family mention that Daniel had financial difficulties.

It's a possible motive in these cases

I'm not sures there's any evidence that they were divorcing . They were in phone contact the night of the death

There's not been any suspicions about Daniel

Also the murder doesn't appear to have been a planned killing or a professional hit

It's a dispute that escalated or a rage type killing

Daniel did travel to Ireland after Sophie was murdered and met with the Gardai and spoke about the meeting afterwards.

This is a fact.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

No it's a fact he did not travel to Ireland in the days after Sophie's body was discovered - that's what I am referring to. It is well documented that he did not travel and Sophie's family even found that odd as said in the netflix documentary.

You are referring to him travelling to Ireland at a much later date - months or years after the murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 irishspiderplant

There is someone who would have been up and around Sophie's property in the early hours of the morning. Someone whose family kept livestock there that had to be checked twice a day.

Someone who would have pulled the gate open to allow their vehicle through.

Someone whose fingerprints were found inside Sophie's house. (why this particular person's fingerprints were inside the house I do not know.)

Someone who probably would have had knowledge of the pump house, if the block came from there and if it was used in the murder

A few notes of interest:

how Finbarr Hellen and his son John thought it odd that Sophie didn't come out to say hello to them like she usually did

how Josephine Hellen said it was the first time Sophie didn't bring gifts for her children

how Josephine Hellen said it was Alfie who had been using Sophie's bath

how it was John Hellen who discovered the bottle of wine

If its a fact then should be easy for you to provide a source for it.

When was he interviewed by Guards?

And I dont mean a phone call or written communication through a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Yes, it’s a fact he came to Ireland, 3 years after Sophie was murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 irishspiderplant

There's also the question of the local "peeping tom"

I've seen someone online make a connection between this peeping tom person and a man who Marie Farrell's husband was convicted of assaulting. Anyone have any more information on this?

edit: apparently this man's fingerprints were found on her windows? Can that be true?

Interestingly, this man also claimed that Ian Bailey told him in no uncertain terms that he did it. (not making a dark joke like he seems to have on other occasions.)

So infuriating that the reasons why the original 50 suspects were first suspected and then discounted have been cut with a scissors out of the evidence book.

Chris Farrell Marie's husband was one of the original suspects, I would love to know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

• Advertisement

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/was-sophie-toscan-du-plantier-up-and-eating-breakfast-when-her-killer-called/a55584295.html

Some posters may not have access to the article in todays Independent as it's behind a paywall. Here's what the forensic expert with 28 years experience had to say about the theory some people have that the killer went to the pump house and removed a block from it to use as a murder weapon....

"And what of the breeze block that was appearantly the weapon used to deliver the coup de grace? A breeze block, weighing 22kg, which, it was alledged, was lifted from a water pumping station on the lane and carried back to be dropped on Sophies head.

Unfortunately the physical evidence doesn't support this. Firstly, there are two breeze blocks missing from the pumping station and the second one although the photographs are not of the best quality appears to be up against the gatepost on the opposite side of the track to where Sophies body lay. This would suggest that they may have been used to keep the gate open and closed."

Hmmmm, wasn't that mentioned on this very thread recently and ruled out by a group of posters?

One poster had some story from Phil on Reddit about the murderer ripping off the roof with his bare hands to get at a block. LOL.

Advertisement