Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Check donedeal. Very little of them second hand for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭fits

Just an update on this. It’s very mild at moment so there’s the caveat.

We travelled to Dublin yesterday in ID.3 at 100% charge and drove mostly at 120. Never skimp on the heating or anything like that. Stayed overnight and Drove around a bit this morning and got home with 37% left after 270 km or so.

So we can head out with the kids today also without needing to charge until tonight. Dublin trip used 48 kWh. Given model y is reporting similar consumption we’d have just under 10 kWh left on a day like today ( which isn’t the worst for range).

The huge range on the tour is very useful to us.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Learnt something new today, was in a tight parking space with the family so I parked tight to the driver's side and climbed out through the passenger side. Apparently if you do that the car doesn't switch off and auto lock. The car park attendant noticed and kept an eye on it. Noticed the notification about 30m layer that the car was unlocked.

That’s a good comparison. While the ID has nearly 20 kWh more battery than the Y, the efficiency is similar but for that trip, if done regularly, would be right.

So it’s the huge battery that you need unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I expected softer, given it was a 2023, but its VIN is week 2 in Jan 23 and I suspect its the older, firmer suspension. I absolutely love it when I'm driving by myself and there's very little body roll. It's not as appreciated by the passengers though, especially in the back.

I've only ever seen Tesla chargers in the routing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭obi604

Ah yes, I had forgotten there were only a few around in 2022 and that they only really started getting some volume in 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Picked up a AWD Y last month but it was an inventory car so probably built late 2023 sometime. I was coming from a 2019 Model 3 and the ride quality is noticeably better. Still find it a little bumpy at low speeds like the 3 was but it's a big improvement on what I had. No idea if that's because it's a bigger car or just a newer EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Does anyone know if HW4 has started being delivered in MY's in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Not yet for Ireland....some say that US Model Y's are now including. With Tesla the first sign is when cars are delivered with it. No advance notice given (understandable).. Q1 deliveries of cars that arrived from China have not yet been delivered.

• Advertisement

Been asked about 429 times in the last week for some strange reason on here.

No not yet. No new MY’s have hit our shores since the late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jobrien19

I think I'm going to have to just pull the trigger on an inventory MY. I'm afraid that if it comes down to the wire and the custom order won't arrive that I'll miss out on the 0% finance completely on the inventory MY also.

I'm only convinced because of the saving I'm making on the usual 6.9% finance.

Touch choice alright. If the inventory is in stock then allow at least 2 weeks for ordering and collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Did you chat with them in Tesla to see if they have a rough idea on delivery times or when cars might be scheduled to arrive? I know with Tesla things like that can be up in the air but I'd imagine they will have a rough idea if cars are due to arrive in the next two months. If cars aren't arriving soon then with people ordering based on the 0% offer there is potential for a few hundred orders to be cancelled. I don't think the offer would have been run unless they knew some cars were arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Im in the same boat as you and also decided to pull the trigger. It will depend on what spec you order. I placed a custom order and they have confirmed the car is in Ireland already and should have it in 10-14 days (once the stat issue is solved with Revenue).

Definitely ask them through chat on the sales page if you don’t see what you want in stock.

Yes I was very clearly told they had absolutely no idea when the next batch were due in or if I would get my order in time to avail of the 0% finance option.

Does delivery count as me taking ownership of the vehicle or just the vehicle arriving in Ireland? If it's just arriving in Ireland I may take a punt on a custom order. Am I right in saying I can cancel my €250 deposit if it looks like the car won't be arriving before march 31st?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I suppose if you agree to buy a car based on the current offer and they can't come good on that finance due to the car not arriving then you should get your deposit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭traco

For us at the end of Q3 in 2023 we had to take delivery by the end of September to avail of all the discounts and low APR. That meant the car had to be off the Tesla site by the last Friday in September. I asked if we paid in full could we collect the following week but they said no. It needed to be gone and they weren't open on the Saturday in Dublin to collect.

Before I pay the €250 deposit this morning can anyone confirm that I won't be locked into a 6.9% PCP if the vehicle doesn't arrive before the 31st March. I can cancel it at any time before it arrives into Ireland? I wouldn't even mind losing out on the €250 deposit as long as I wasn't stuck with a 6.9% PCP I wasn't happy with. Just want to ensure they are aren't going to try and screw me by delaying delivery and forcing a load of customers into higher interest rates. Impossible to get a straight answer out of the salesmen in the Cork showroom despite the fact they were nice to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭DrPsychia

Yes, you can cancel and get a refund for the €250 deposit under EU distance selling legislation. Many here have done so in the past year to avail of inventory discounts.

• Advertisement

Nobody here will confirm. Read the Tesla T&C’s. It says delivered before 31st March.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Oh really? Could you not lock it in the app even?

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I could and did, just took me a while to notice the notification, I was busy having breakfast with friends and try not pay too much attention to my phone

Post edited by liamog on

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Just noticed a clunk kind of noise when reversing and turning into the drive yesterday evening, said nothing initally but the missus said it to me this evening that she noticed something doing the same thing today.

I'll have a check in the light tomorrow, has anyone have something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Straight to service. Clunks are usually suspension or drive components.

Loost bolts, broken shafts, missing bearings.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

Quick Question anyone, Ive had a few rattles in the Rear of car Model Y LR and ranger has been able to fix at home,

It took a few goes to get to where i am today, Anyway I booked another service request for (Similar Rattle) Rear boot door,

My Present service request was only pushed towards a service center on the item(s) description in the invoice is for works to be completed with the Suspension tasks to be completed followed by a 1 hour test drive by two afterwards for the two items I highlighted in the service request but no mention of the rear boot door.

This will be my first time going to a service Center can this confusion be expressed in person ?, OR Can anyone tell me they have had similar works carried out on their Suspension?, As the invoice is a tad bit pricey - Should this work be carried out under goodwill as car has very low KM's ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

It will be dealt with under warranty. The price is an estimate for them internally. I would ask them in the chat anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I do a 290 round trip 2/3 times a week. Usually get home with about 10 battery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Double post

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement