Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roisin Murphy - Olympia Feb 3rd 2024

Options
  • 10-11-2023 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭sporina

2 standing tickets in the bag - woo hoo..

who else is going?

Comments

Seen her in both 2022 and 2023 so going to sit this one out but she is brilliant and you are in for a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I'm going. I was at her Olympia gig last year, she's amazing.

Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,038 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I love her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

She's a great bit of stuff. Good to see she's also cancel-resistant. Maybe music fans have bit more cop on than the rest of the celebrity following world.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

Delighted to have tickets for it, she's always great in concert but seems to be even better the last couple of years. The Trinity gig this summer was incredibly good, the latest album is excellent, so the Olympia gig should be one to remember. Any time I've seen her at the Olympia the place turned into one huge happy dance club, at the same time you can't take your eyes off her, top performer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'll miss this one as I will be at Depeche Mode that night and I have seen her the last 3 teams ( + I'm not a fan of her last album).

But you are all in for a treat, she is superb live!!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Beagslife

She also plays the Sunday night. I changed for better seats and with the bank holiday on Monday a great way to spend a Sunday night 😎

Seats?

Nobody sits at a Róisín Murphy gig, it's an all standing, all dancing party.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Going and already can’t wait…have seen her a dozen times at this stage and she never disappoints! She’s on jools Holland tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭sporina

woo hoo - not long now..

any idea of stage times anyone? and will there be a support act?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Oh brilliant great info!!

so so looking forward to this!!

All hail the disco milf. Absolutely sterling once again.

Absolutely amazing, what a terrific gig by Herself and band, the Olympia was a great place to be tonight.

she was unreal! She’s just such a performer!

Post edited by The Princess Bride on

great gig - but where we wer, it was a bit rough - a guy had to be chucked out..

also - I overheard someone say she wasn't singing?

also I felt that she was really flaunting herself last night... like - "look at me, aren't I so gorgeous"..

I enjoyed the gig but not as much as gigs in the past..

Trinity Gardens last yr was incredible imo

but if she's playing again in the future - I'll be in the queue for a ticket - had a great boogie

Was that guy in a blazer? Saw that!

we actually had to move from where we were standing originally. We were surrounded by the most horrible group of girls I’ve even encountered at a concert ever. They were so rude.

interesting to say you heard she wasn’t singing! Would love to know more! Just assumed she was!

• Advertisement

I was at the Saturday gig, didn't experience any of those issues, just a fantastic performance, including real singing. Hard proof needed as to the comment you heard, if true it's not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Shank Williams

Wonder did someone get confused with the looping effects

dont think you’d get away with miming in a venue like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Saw her in Trinity last year and there's no way she's miming, all live. I'd agree it's probably some of the effects that make people think she is

yeah he was in a black blazer - standing area just behind the pit..

re: singing - it was the way the girl in front of me said to her friend - about 1 min into her 1st song.. "awe she's not singing".. wish I hadn't have heard it..

hard proof? no idea..

in any event - still wakening up with Simulation in my head so happy days - lol - always a sign of a good gig when you have the music still in your head in the following ams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hold my beer

What was the guy turfed out for?

And was Roisins set the same as Trinity last year? I'd still have gone, but couldn't this time.

groping women - came around to where we wer 3 times..

he was not fit to be there anyway - totally out of his mind..

no setlist was v different to trinity - different vibe altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Re the miming suggestion, I discovered last night that somehow I'd taken 30 seconds during the gig to video her during Crazy Ants Reprise ... no way was she miming, it was 100% stunningly live.

Let us never speak of that Untruth again :-)

Advertisement