Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

when you put the details in you need to wait a few secs. and what is the image you are using?

I have more than one box and this is it on the Zgemma H7S with Openvix image its the same frequency as CNN!!

Well at least its gettable on the Zgemma

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Leonita

Im using the one like sky can't think of the name. When I put in all of those details it flashes 38 to 40 db but when I scan no channels found. Every other channel I want is working fine. I was even able to retune itv3+1 and itv4+1 without any problems over the weekend when they disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

As Swoofer says it is a very weak signal. It's possible your dish is just far enough off alignment to stop the box getting a lock on it.

It is the same TP as EarthXTV and CNN International.

ahha can you go to menu information and read off what it says under image. I cant get to zgemma for rest of morning but once I know image I may be able to figure it out.

can you get CNN

I think you are right. There was a storm around the time I lost it so that would make sense. I can live without it. Thanks to everybody for the suggestions. I'm going to head out now and make the most of the bank holiday :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

GB News moved TP on 8 Nov 2023

It's the curse of digital TV it either works or doesn't. There's no real middle ground, if the signal is not good enough.

Image is 6.3.007 (release). No I can't get cnn either but I never had that added anyways.

Ah you have you answer tap dish etc . enjoy the BH

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In the longer term it might be a good idea to get someone to check out the dish, LNB and cabling. There are over 300 Free to Air channels, and a lot of them are on weak transponders. E.g. 11112 H 22000, Gems TV and 13 other mostly Asian channels. Not stuff you want probably, but only 6 dB on my system which is very weak.

Another bit of bad weather and you might lose Channel 5 HD which is only slightly stronger than GB News with me.

Thanks for the tip. I will ask my tv guy to check it out. There was a lot of work done on the cabling etc over the past year. But I do think the dish moved in a storm. I like channel 5 so wouldn't like to lose that.

• Advertisement

And depending where you are you may only have a Zone 1 dish, whereas a Zone 2 is bigger and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

If you're only getting a 9db SNR on that transponder, then something is not quite right IMO - that transponder along with 11224 V (NHK World) & 11509 V (Al Jazeera) are the three weakest transponders I receive from 28E, but even on a day like now which is cloudy with light drizzle I'm getting ~12.0db SNR on each of the three transponders - this is with a Sky Zone 1 Mk4 dish using an appropriate Technomate Quad LNB for Sky dishes, connected to an Octagon SF8008 with ~15 metres of WF100 coax. If I was using a Zone 2 dish instead, I'd expect the SNR to be an additional ~1.5-2.0db better again on all transponders. This is in Co. Tyrone, might be a little different in the far west/south-west fringes but I wouldn't expect much different results in most of Ireland.

All three transponders mentioned are broadcasting from Astra 2G using the European beam and have a minimum SNR requirement of 6.6db for reception - if they're only coming in at 9db on a clear day then there's not a huge amount of room for rain fade there IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭redoctober

Thanks for all that swoofer. It worked for al Jazeera anyway. Will try for the others. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭redoctober

Thanks again @swoofer . Got sorted with the other channels too....finally back to normal after many months of having problems with hard drives and missing channels....

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bellie1

So nothing has recorded on box this week. Earlier in week the remote control wasn't working with it so I just turned the box off and on with the plug.. Since then no recordings have been made, they're all showing on the timer and autotimer, I can see them highlighted in the EPG. I made a new timer yesterday to see if that worked but no new recordings again today. There's loads of space left as I only got the box a month ago( set up with openvix and blue skin) The only reason got the box was to be able to record so hoping someone has a fix. Am not technical so unless it's an easy configuration in settings and I doesn't require going under the hood.

When you got the box did you just plug in the cables and go from there?? And did you have sky q before? Can you actually watch bbc1, itv c4, c5 from satellite and did you tune in the saorview channels. Is the HDD sticking out of the rear?

Its a weird fault so need to know the basics? say where you bought it. And do this one last thing go menu, setup, epg and see where epg is located?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭wassie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

They're only gone from Freesat, not free to air satellite on Astra.

yes, posted in wrong thread by wassie, its the british freesat thread it should be in.

Bought in satworld. An installer changed the lnb ,installed aerial and setup the box for us( plugged into aerials, set the saorview area). Can watch all channels no bother. Crossepg wasn't automatically uploading until rebooted the box early in the week. Previously had had to download the 7 day EPG every Thursday ( even though was set to auto download nightly,it hadn't worked until did the reboot). I went to menu/setup/EPG/location and that is set to media/HDD. I can view recordings made prior to the issues this week. Crossepg is what's being used afaik to get the 7 day EPG,in case that's relevant

• Advertisement

Very good so far but you did not say if HDD is sticking out at rear, very important. There is a better way to set epg but not for now.

I considered if the hard drive wasn't correctly inserted but if they was the case, I wouldn't be able to watch recordings made last week? Hard drive is sticking out the back, it seems to be correctly positioned , afraid to poke at it too much unless you think this is the source of the problem

I know but is it sticking out at rear, different models!!

At rear,yes

Recordings stored in /media/movies. . Unless the file list is looking elsewhere? How do I check where filelist is looking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

When i set recordings on that channel i press red button to bring up 7 days epg and highlight that program green button and green button which should leave an icon on right of program.

Wow that's impressive. All of that is fine. Now while on a channel press red to record and see if it records. The image is very old and someone will be along in a mo telling you to update but try record first. I have an idea what the problem is.

To check where recordings are you can press file list yellow button then you should get a few options go to hdd and they will appear.

If you go menu information about it will show image name and version, Id say it says 5.4.

PS the red to record is below the RED button and adding green sets a one off recording, to record series its blue button.

You're brilliant swooferThere are all my recordings. I'd never even taken note of the yellow button before. So filelist is pointing elsewhere. .Had invested 500€ in this whole setup so desperately need to get 3 years out of it to justify leaving skytv😀 . Is it straightforward to change the filelist location( although then I wont have easy access to previous recordings , which are in Toshiba mqo4abf partition 1-is this partition on the box or the hard drive ?)

Tbh , I'm happy enough for now to use the locations button to jump around and get at partition and hard drive recordings.

So looks as if the box wasn't set up correctly day one and it was recording to the box and only the reboot made them go to the hard drive? The installer thought he had configured to go to the hard drive but he didn't realise had to reboot the box for it to take effect?

Crossepg wasn't auto updating weekly all along either until the reboot so that ties in with that?

Image says 6.3.004(release)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

HDD query, i'm trying to Initialize a 2.5inch 7200rpm 2TB SATA drive, but it fails @ 99% with a timeout error, any ideas ? I manually formatted it to EXT4 as well, but still no joy ?!

• Advertisement

Box isn't connected to wifi at moment, tbh I'd rather leave well alone rather than updating anything for now

Advertisement