Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭newhouse87

yeah and then he goes and gets stupid red in first competitive game back. TBH i have my mind made up on him anyway. Hoping sean kenneally gets game time, could be dark horse come championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

….

I didn’t give Nenagh CBS much of a chance in the final. Some win for a small school against the big favourites! That’s the big two done this year for Nenagh. Dean Ryan and Harty Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was impressed with Tipp yesterday, looked fit and sharp. Ronan isn't the answer at full back though, much more effective in the half back line. That's a position that needs to be sorted.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ronan is cover for full back, I'd imagine, in case anything happens to Breen (he was managing Clonmel high school v Blackwater in the B Harty comp yesterday). That said, I think if Ronan gets enough games at full back he'd be more than able for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Didn't Ronan start full back last week also? I don't think Breen is the answer either, again he'll be much more effective out the field. I'd like to see Seamus Kennedy or Barry Heffernan tried there.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yeah, either can do a job there. But it's still a case of asking someone who is not a natural full back to do a job. I think Breen is an excellent full back.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭1373

Of those 3 , Heffernan has looked like a fullback in the times he's played there . But the further away from the oppositions goal Ronan is , the better

• Registered Users Posts: 18,885 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Impression I got was that Tipp pulled up a bit in the second half, and could have won by a lot more if they were bothered.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Paddico

Hard fought win for the footballers today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Paddico

I think it was the 2021 championship vs Kerry. Got sent off that day.

Will be 31 this year so you'd hope he may have another season in a Tipp jessey. More unlikely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KClon11

Great win for the footballers. Shelley has been crowing a lot on Tipp FM about the need for them to start getting more than 13 points and too dependent on Seanie. All correct. But they've got over 13 in the first two games if even still dependent on Seanie. But Sweeney is getting closer to a come back sp hopefully that will help him out. That said, very young side and this will be a journey. Great win on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭farmerval

A few things, Michael Breen is not a full back, he's too easily turned when he's isolated.

I was very disappointed that after about 15-20 minutes yesterday we were playing a lot of long ball into the full forward line with very little sticking. There's no point doing the huge amount of passing around the defence if the end result is playing a ball that's 50 -50 at best. If you're going to hit long ball, then at least do it early.

For people at the game was Jake Morris moved to the half forward line when he got the goal and two points? Looked it on the telly. Our two corner forwards looked weak on the telly, quite a bit of ball in front of them they couldn't control or claim. Bryan O Meara is a lovely classy looking hurler, Barry Heffernan looked good when he came on. Craig Morgan looked great, Connolly went well in midfield, could he find a place there?

Assuming that injuries aside we'll have Barrett and Morgan in the corners, and Ronan, B. Heffernan and Brian O Meara between 3 and 6 with the spare one to wingback, with all the rest fighting for one defensive spot. Could two of, Breen, Dan, Seamus Kennedy, Connolly fill one midfield and one half forward role? or even Barry Heff to midfield and one of the above to wing back?

IF Noel fills one midfield, and Tynan and O Connor and Jake and Jason Forde, we're very close to a strong starting 15. It would be nice to see one more forward stick their hand up between now and championship start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Not that small a school and considering strength of many local clubs its a surprise the schools record is as poor as it is.

But huge to win the two cups they did get this year

The likes of Ard scoil, Kilkenny CBS, and St. Kieran's would easily have nearly three times the number of students. There are many schools around those clubs in North Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭1373

And scoil had 9 clare minor or ex minor panelists plus whatever Limerick players were available, that's quite a panel

Always nice to beat the matties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭farmerval

Great to drag it back at the end. Dug in well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

very enjoyable game , tipp still a little loose at the back and in the middle 3rd at times , but giving the nature of the changes its a very good result , craig morgan got some score at the start of the second half , connor bowe looks to have improved to another level from last year which has scary levels of potential

sean ryan looks like hes going to be a seriously dangerous inside forward just need to compose himself a bit more , had one of his two goal chances been taken at the start of the second half it probably would have been game over , he had tj brennan chasing he's heels today

some scoring from gearoid o'connor too , the only thing is , galway will be much stronger then this come championship and bar stupidity at the end from sean linnane it could have been a much closer finish , good game all the same though

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭osullic

Any word on Jake and O’Mara? Great to win it with both them coming off so early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Triboro

Think they need a new pa system in Semple, hard to hear the announcements there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KClon11

Saw an interview with Cahill where he said muscle injuries for both(likely hamstring) unfortunately

Led from start to finish. When we were caught, we went again. Pretty good. Thought we'd struggle when O'Mara and Jake went off early doors. And we did. O'Mara was a loss in the half back line but we settled in the 2nd half. Thought Breen did well on Whelan. Jake wasn't there to deliver today but others stepped up.

Been a lot of changes over the last few weeks. A lot of different players but its good to get these guys experience. That was a good game to get this time of the year.

No Forde, Dan, Noel, Connolly, Barrett, and a few more. They might be experiencing some squeaky bum time. Good. We need more competition for places. Third MOTM for O'C in a week - needs a few weeks off now.

Perhaps, Kehoe is better as a sub... maybe I'm wrong but his best games seem to happen when he comes on. Not an easy thing to do to make an impact as a sub but he does have it in his locker.

Poor oul Darragh Stakelum had to come off as quick as he came on. That time of year now - think Tipp are in week 6 of a heavy block of training, like everyone else I'd imagine. Hamstrings and soft tissue is really going to be tested now. Don't know how the college players who make it to the latter stages of the fitz do it... it's a lot of games.

• Advertisement

Sean Ryan got down on himself very quickly. I watched him very closely. Giving out to himself from early. Needs to relax. Has a habit of touching the ball away from himself to turn his man on the spin (you can't do that at this level.) Has to be ball to hand. Needs to develop unorthodox striking when in on goal - you can't strike normally at this level. Defenders are too fast and cute for that at inter county level. Doing a lot right but needs to work on a few things.

Advertisement