Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

What is not well known is how

The Democrats' obsession with gender self-ID has driven many voters into Trump's arms.

You must have some links to back up that assertion, because I don't believe for a minute that "many voters" are willing to overlook Trumps reprehensible behaviour (as well as being a fraud and a rapist) because a tiny minority of folk believe they were born into the wrong gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 82,389 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was just hoping they didn't **** up that TMNT paint job. That is art.

Lincoln Project knocking it out

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

'Homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of god'

No doubt homosexuals are delighted at this, I know I have zero interest in any environment managed/organised/supervised by the shower that do the shouting about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Danyellow

Why?

The GOP are in pole position to win the senate and the Oval office according to polls, bookmakers and political commentators on both sides of the bench.

Do you have some inside information or something you would like to share to back up your assertion?

If it's just your opinion on who will win that is fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

All these poor suffering people under Bidenomics, taking time off to drive around in their majorly tricked out high-end vehicles. Plus standing around with fancy, expensive sound systems yelling obscenities at each other... Oh, and they're so suffering from immigration, uhuh, uhuh, not sure what the point of all the anti-homosexual sloganeering is, are the folks immigrating forcing homosexuality on these brave protestors?

America is such a kip these days.

Yeah those polls and bookmakers and political commentators who shouted Red Wave November for the last 3 cycles in a row. 😂

You don't need 'inside information' to see the economy is doing great, that women are mobilized for their human rights, that the right is bleeding support even among its own base for its flip flopping about closing the border.

If you think 'gender self-ID' and local or state level political scandals are going to shape the national electorate in November then I have beautiful lakefront property to sell you in the Mojave.

you know, i was just such a ninja turtles fan I didn't think about that lol

Not exactly a 'working vehicle for the working man'

The ones around here too who have bumper sticks angry about biden are the ones with aftermarket suspensions and rolling coal equipment. They're not exactly struggling to stay off of food stamps or having their job stolen by an immigrant.

From NBC news 4th Feb 2024.

Despite a growing economy and little opposition for his party’s nomination, President Joe Biden confronts a dissatisfied electorate and a challenging political climate nine months before he faces re-election, according to a new national NBC News poll.

Biden trails GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump on major policy and personal comparisons, including by more than 20 points on which candidate would better handle the economy. And Biden’s deficit versus Trump on handling immigration and the border is greater than 30 points.

The poll also shows Trump holding a 16-point advantage over Biden on being competent and effective, a reversal from 2020, when Biden was ahead of Trump on this quality by 9 points before defeating him in that election.

And Biden’s approval rating has declined to the lowest level of his presidency in NBC News polling — to 37% — while fewer than 3 in 10 voters approve of his handling of the Israel-Hamas war.

All together, these numbers explain why the poll shows Trump leading Biden by 5 points among registered voters in a hypothetical 2024 general-election matchup, 47% to 42%. While the result is within the poll’s margin of error, the last year of polling shows a clear shift.

Nothing about left leaning NBC's matches your "assertions"?

We could get unbiased polls from 538 or right leaning polls from Fox if you'd prefer them over NBC's?

Biden is going into this election cycle significantly weaker than he did in 2020 by anyones metric.

• Advertisement

No ****, people are disapproving of his administration's altogether chummy relationship with Israel. "Ten 9/11s"

This doesn't translate to the vote in November. If it's Trump vs. Biden again, Biden wins in a landslide, again.

Polls, remember, are fake TM. I pay about as little attention to them as I do any blow-in who starts farting self-importantly about betting odds.

The irony of the poll is how very few respondents indicated they were unemployed, in a poll about the economy, lol.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24402843-240037-nbc-january-2024-poll_2424-release

“The key thing here is changes the asylum laws, builds more wall, adds more detention beds, adds more deportation flights, changes these ten-year backlogs that we’re currently in now to weeks before people are actually deported. That’s what the bill really does. So right now, if you walk across the border today, you can say, I have fear in my country and you’ll be released into the country for ten years. Under this bill, you walk across the border and say, I have fear in my country. They say, prove it. You’ve got to have a higher standard of evidence,” Lankford said in the clip, defending the deal he helped craft.

MAGA is trying really hard to pull the wool over the eyes of their supporters, but the border bill sounds like a straight winner for everyone.

This is terrifying for MAGA though, because they'd have **** all to run on for the next 9 months if the deal passes. Party over country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Always remember. Polls had Hillary Clinton walking into the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Maybe no harm in the MSM playing it down a bit, if the swing voters thought Biden had it sewn up they might not bother coming out to vote. At this stage though you could prove anything you like with polls, there is considerable drama to work through before November and I am not seeing Trump doing anything to improve his chances by then, he is his own worst enemy.

Polls a week out from an election are hardly reliable; Polls 9 months out from an election even more so.

Remember McCain and Palin had a huge polling boost after Biden snubbed Hillary for VP, but then Palin did a Katie Courich interview, and he said the fundamentals of the economy were strong just hours before he had to correct himself, as the banking crash unfolded in real time. Kerry had a good shot against Bush too, even with the swift boats scandal, people ready to hold their noses for him, then a very timely release of a new bin laden video happened. In 2020, after 9+ months of claiming he had covid totally under control, trump himself contracted Covid and some of his closest allies like Herman Cain, dropped dead from attending one of his deathcult rallies where they flouted common sense pandemic safeguards to show how much they loved freedumb. Romney was already on the rocks with his "binders full of women" but he was fully impaled by his disparaging remarks recorded at a private fundraiser about "47 percent" of voters

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Which bookies are these? Republicans are very marginal favourites for the White House, it's a coin flip at this point.

You say :

"This doesn't translate to the vote in November. If it's Trump vs. Biden again, Biden wins in a landslide, again."

I'm asking you for a second time what it is you know that makes you claim such a thing?

As all indicators are highlighting to the complete opposite of your assertion.

You are entitled to your opinion but you shouldn't claim your opinion to be factual, especially when there is so much evidence to suggest your opinion doesn't hold any merit at all.

You don't have to listen to anything I say, I'm not worried about wooing some new stranger over.

Just hold tight and bet the house on a Red Wave November, you can't lose. lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Biden wins in a landslide because

2020 Biden was polled as marginally favourite, beat him in a landslide.

2022 "The Red Wave" lol. Dems kept the senate, barely lost the house. Polls didn't have that happening.

2024 If it's Biden V Trump, It's Bidens to lose. The independents (who really decide the winner) are not going to vote in a fraudulent rapist

Then you should probably quit assuming that an NBC poll has decided the election 😂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's too far out, in a country whose previous polls have been demonstrably off the mark, to predict how things are gonna go in November. But the broad rule of thumb is a sitting president tends to rank unfavourably versus rival candidates - til the rubber hits the road and pragmatism takes hold. The exception would be Trump of course but his presidency was a trashfire that antagonized voters, while Romney's persistent lead against Obama in 2012 a recent example of voter hesitancy to risk someone new when November came around.

It's hilarious that a big chunk of his 2016 base think the path for GOP victory in 2016 is if Trump (not Biden) drops dead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I'm pretty sure posters such as yourself would be saying the exact same about something else if that option wasn't there. I'd go as far as saying the right are far more obsessed with "woke" politics than the left. Outrage over anything. Before transgender people, it was the Dems obsession with gay rights or accurate education on America's role in slavery.

As demonstrated by all the posters that disappeared after Biden won.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Trump has, in many ways, been remarkably quiet in a national sense. He has not been participating in the Republican primaries, not in any debates. He mostly confines himself to speeches to his die-hards which are getting progressively more esoteric. He hasn't taken the stand in any of his trials, contenting himself with just behaving like a spoilt brat from the chair muttering under his breath.

He won't be able to hide so effectively in a national campaign for Presidency and I suspect it will cause a derailment.

You're not wrong, there are many many moving parts involved in this election,

Trump's legal woes

RFK jr running as independent

Age and health of incumbent.

That's not to say Trump is a picture of optimal health himself either.

The RFK dynamic is something I think should be talked about more, his favourbility is higher than Trump or Biden currently and with so many voters feeling disenfranchised with both parties and their candidates how many votes will the DNC and GOP bleed to him?

Now I'm not saying RFK can win the presidency but he damn well might have a big say in who will become president.

Fascinating no matter who your preference is and I can't wait for the election cycle to heat up. 🙂

MAGA still tripping over itself to pick a culture war with Taylor Swift

How dare she thank the people who helped her produce the album and not... her boyfriend, whom she started dating after the publication of the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'm surprised how much Coulter broke with Trump. I would have thought she'd be ride or die throughout his whole political career since 2015. It's not that she's exactly chilled out with her former provocative statements. She's correct about Trump, but I would have thought the money and notoriety from spouting his spiel would have been too tempting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement