Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Case Review of Sophie Tuscan du Plantier murder to proceed. **Threadbans in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭CuriousCal

You cannot believe this woman, everything with her is a lie but who’s she covering for is the question

She’s put herself at the scene, she wasn’t coerced into making that first phonecall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭tinytobe

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

So why did you say

But why was she coerced? What did they use to get her to do that?

The only people saying Farrell was coerced are Farrell and Bailey.

The jury in Bailey's civil case in 2014 found that the Gardai did not coerce her.

• Advertisement

Exactly, she put herself into it by making first contact, but why? Who’s she covering for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You seem to have an obsession about Marie Farrell, from what I can see everyone of your posts are exclusivly about her.

Have you tried contacting her?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

But she was not covering for anyone.

She just wanted to be part of the story.

Listen to her on the West Cork podcast.

She says something like "1997 was a great year", and she says it almost with joy, remembering back to a happy time.

She loved the attention, the intrigue, being part of it all.

Surely someone who’s put themselves into such a prolific case and lied throughout it all has to be a person of interest

ian bailey maintained the same story for the last 27 years

why would I contact her? From what I read anyway she’s left cork and I don’t think anyone knows where she is now

Yes I’ve listened to the podcast and came away from it more confused than ever, I hope they do a follow up story

• Advertisement

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

I’m not obsessed by her but I definitely think she’s someone who’s hiding something

I also think Alfie Lyons was hiding something but he obviously cannot be questioned any more

theres a lot more characters to this story other than Ian Bailey and Jules Thomas and when you break it down and look at the other people they’re all as suspicious

I also think Dermot Dwyer is lying through his teeth also

Every one of your posts since you joined Boards has been about her so that does indicate obsession.

and other people’s posts have all been about Ian Bailey

you sound to be a little obsessed if you feel the need to go over all my posts

can you tell me where there has been a false narrative in anything I’ve said

I didn't go over any of your posts, I just couldn't help notice you joined recently and have been the only poster in the thread constantly bringing Marie Farrell up for discussion despite the lack of engagement from others.

It's just an observation.

After listening to the podcast it’s just not adding up that’s my opinion, then it’s on this thread her husband was an original suspect which is new information I had not heard before so yes I fully believe she’s involved can you say she’s not

this discussion is on the cold case review which does involve her before this I probably did think Ian Bailey was guilty I half believed the guard theory but there’s actually a whole lot to this I never realised before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

“Madness”

The terrible destruction of her body just makes me feel that this killing was done by someone with ongoing psychiatric problems - and I don’t mean Baileys history of violence towards women although obviously he had to become a suspect for that reason alone- no I think it has to be someone who had some type of serious mental condition that at one time was treated by a medical professional.

We’ve heard of many brutal killings through the years- many of these were family members killing other family members - but often the person in question had a serious underlying psychiatric illness.

Comparing victim injuries across such crimes may well provide a suggested profile of the type of person that could have done this crime - not a definitive piece of evidence in any way, but it may help to view previous suspects eliminated and/or not investigated no longer alive, in a different light.

Saying that, I don’t think a “madman” was out wandering the countryside aimlessly that night- it wasn’t some random person . I’m sure many people maybe most, have capability to kill (a frightening thought in itself ) given a certain set of circumstances- but how many have the capacity to kill so brutally?

Bailey would fit the criteria you have mentioned except I don't think he was previously treated by a medical professional for his serious mental condition.

That rules him out I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

The violence in this incident to me “feels” beyond Bailey - on another level again.

I guess the flaw in my theory is the past psychiatric related treatment - the commonality of brutal deaths such as this leans towards someone with a serious and previously treated condition - but it’s obviously not a total precondition- just that there have been incidents of similar violence where an underlying condition was a serious causal factor .

There were certainly a few “characters” mentioned as suspects, now dead, who presented to others as a bit “weird” or “different” . They may well have had an underlying mental condition - who knows.

Too late now I guess to go there

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

There's always a first time for these people, the spotlight never gave him a second chance to do it again, with the exception of the privacy of his own home and we all know how close Jules came with the documented beatings she took from him.

• Advertisement

You are aware of the violence Bailey had previously committed on his partner yeah?

Amongst other injuries he inflicted on her there was the broken eye socket, that takes an enourmous amount of ferociousness to inflict.

Even more disturbingly he bit the lip off her face almost severing it from her gum, he also bit her arms and hands and tore clumps of hair from her head.

Are you aware that in his own words he stated "There is something badly wrong with me. I actually tried to kill her".

Let's put this quote in its proper perspective, these are the words of an individual who was trained and made his living from his choice of words.

An experienced wordsmith if you like.

There is no ambiguity in his carefully chosen words he used to describe one of the heinous assaults he committed on his partner.

"I actually tried to kill her".

Carefully chosen words, by a person that made his living from his choice of words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭BQQ

I think we’ll just chalk that up to black humour that nobody seems to find funny

**Sarcasm alert**

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

All you need is here some foreboding music and the sound of a wolf howling and you have him bang to rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 OnTheCorner

I actually find it astonishing that people can completely dismiss this from Bailey but on the other hand tell us that Alfie should definitely be a suspect because he had some problems regarding a gate!

Alfie didn’t just have a problem with the gate he was the one they suspect to have been breaking into her house and using her bath

it’s also been rumoured Sophie has issues with noise from parties in Alfie’s house so there’s more than just the issue with the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 30,195 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Somebody shopped Alfie to the Guards for growing weed not long after Sophie moved in... may not have been Sophie, but Alfie may have added 2+2 and gotten 5.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Yeah I agree with you, from what I’ve read they weren’t exactly friendly neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Much of these claims have been dismissed. There's no evidence Sophie reported him, knew about or even cared about his weed growing. There was only one party that we know of, Shirleys retirement one, and im not even sure Sophie was around at the time, although Bailey was there, and was a regular visitor to Alfie's in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Justeat

Neutral view on this 1st time on boards.ie.

Who said alfie lyons was frail murder at the cottage episode 3 40 minutes in,baileys libel case bout 10 years after murder check him out walking to court, you telling me that was frail man,physopath. Shirley told the French in documentary its on YouTube,she walked down with the dog found Sophie,leo bolger says he walked through field Bailey tagged along bringing food up to alfie couldn't leave the house, words out of his mouth bolgers,

Shirley told garda she drove past the body car thought bundle clothes, gate was opened she thought was strange, bright red blood everywhere, she honkd the horn for alfie ran through field up to the house.alfie came down said he didn't go near body but ran back up to sophies house knocking on the door to see was she in the house planting his dna everywhere,utter bolox. He's your man.

Then rang garda said it was a murder never rang ambulance. Somehow pictures of her shirley sitting in the car looking back at the body who took them. Alfie was in late fortys early 50s time murder.he had a guard dog,said so himself.not a bark not a peep.other neighbours dogs going ballistic 1030pm 2am there was stuff getting moved all right.

Shirley never told ian there was woman on the ground met each other driving down lane,or who it was,just that the garda blocked it off utter bolox knew exactly who it was,house keepers husband showed up identified her straight away. Was blood found back house leading to the gate drips blood field up the path also,finger prints found not baileys on gate blood on gate and sophies clothes not baileys,blood on the back of gate

Both doors where locked sophies house she went confront alfie back house door locked behind her. Leave it at that.everyone knows lot more could be written here.

Anyone bit kop on knows the truth feel sorry for the son Pierre. hopefully get real justice

Advertisement