Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like to see the perpetrators of the recent arson attacks brought to justice?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

What claims have I made that require evidence?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭Shoog

Would you have refused to accept the Ukrainian refugees ?

As far as I can tell we had very little choice in this and refusing to assist Ukraine in resisting Russia would ultimately lead to a massively worse refugee crisis on our doorstep. Ireland has been a massively inhospitable place for refugees by design (think the virtual prison that is direct provision) and it has never operated the fabled open door policy.

Ireland has encouraged immigrant labour to achieve national objectives, but these are a separate issue to refugees and by law have to be self supporting and hence net contributors to the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,480 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Case of acute sudden amnesia?

"Yourself and many other did that on here for years, when you argued that the burning and looting of budlings was a form of protest during the BLM riots. It's not hard to be principled about this stuff, but I suppose it's even easier to not be."

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121726477/#Comment_121726477

Well?

Everyone around back then saw those threads and arguments They were very common. I'm not going rooting through old threads just to prove an obvious point.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

We 100% have open border policies. 

No, you don't. Feel free to prove it.

If you had open border policies I could fly in right now without a visa. That's bollocks. 100% already refuted.

• Advertisement

So you're abandoning your burden of proof; said without evidence dismissed without evidence. Don't repeat bad faith claims again, they will be reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭abozzz

Nothing but obfuscation.

Simplicity is the pinnacle of sophistication.

Anyone who can look at the unprecedented population increase from abroad, then attempt to say that "its complicated" as to the resultant capacity crises is just training for contortion.

So you have some neck to be mentioning "honesty".

Sorry but not everything about the real world can be explained like we're all age 5. Some critical thinking is required on the part of the participant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,089 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Who are you again, Treemaster, hymenelectra or whoever?

Same nonsense over and over.

Democratic means vote in an election or contact your local representatives and use normal channels to express dissatisfaction including peaceful protest.

Don't know what country you live in but we have elections here every 4 to 5 years so its in everybody's gift to vote for change.

Don't address me again please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Hungry Burger

No need for a visa at all. Fly in, destroy or ‘lose’ your documents, claim asylum. Voila, welcome to Ireland! Medical card already in the post for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Well if it was simply a matter of overcrowding they would be burning down maternity wards would they not?

There is no overcrowding that I an see. Most of the properties around me are empty and we have two pubs, one closed since November due to lack of custom The two pubs were packed every weekend and a lot of weekdays when I was younger. We have a plaque in the village listing the names of families that have gone, well known families that were the bedrock of the area.

Migrants are not helpless, they will have skills and an be trained. They are people the same as I, and other rational citizens I would hope.

Anti racists are not intellectually elite, they may seem so, but all they do is apply simple logic. People have the same sensory apparatus, processing equipment and broadly similar goals as the rest of us. So one is much like another if you take a few steps back.

You may not be able to see the problem looming, but if anything happens to cut the supply of oil to the West, the system of agriculture will mean the tables will be turned and migration will be the other way, either that, or millions will starve.

So if not for you, you might find that your offspring might benefit from a slightly wider understanding than "us good" , "them bad".

Intellectually elite, no! Just not thick, that's all.

Keep it coming, keep the names and bull coming.

It's all you've got.

And the more you do it, the weaker and weaker your position comes. And calling it a position at all is a big favour I'm doing you.

Don't repeat bad faith claims again, they will be reported.

Here we have it. Threating to use the power of moderation over users, which we all know is abused for ideological reasons.

It's not bad faith, because it is true. It's bad faith to deny what I said more so than anything else, but go on, report me?

Sorry but it doesn't work like that lol. Maybe in extreme cases were a refugee is fleeing from an unstable area where records keeping agencies have been destroyed but US State Department and Irish State Dept would have me sorted out right fast if I tried coming in with destroyed documents.

You don't have a 100% open border, from a loophole that can only present in a narrow percentage of cases.

Just describing what I see, a pseudo intellectual justifying arsonists. Nice work your mum must be proud.

How's the recruiting drive going ?

I think I'll decide when I an exit an argument, thanks for the offer all the same.

So your twisted answer is "no, we haven't had any political choice on the matter from the beginning".

And that, once again, is the genesis of this violence, the political void.

This "political void" is something you could have occupied your entire life by choosing to be an active participant in the political process, instead of merely a passive one.

No that is simplistic. People do not support criminal acts only thugs many of whom do not vote or believe in democracy.

You got a problem with your tds... vote for someone else.

Anybody who thinks the situation at the moment is so ' desperate' that it calls for criminal acts is either very deluded or trying to push an agenda.

There will be a GE within a year.

Post edited by Goldengirl on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I'm not sure if you can accuse others of bull when you're attempting to twist a study around a pre Famine period to justify arson.... You'll claim you're not justifying it but you very much so are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Hungry Burger

Any proof that would happen or just something you made up?

The precedent is there anyway, 70% of Asylum Seekers arriving into Dublin Airport with no documents.

Figures from March of last year show, 31 of your fellow countrymen are claiming Asylum in Ireland (Claiming Asylum from America, it’d be hilarious if it wasn’t so maddening) probably more now. So you are right about one thing, no need to destroy your documents as you’ll be accepted anyway.

Anybody who thinks the situation at the moment is so ' desperate' that it calls for criminal acts is either very deluded or trying to push an agenda.

Or angry at themselves for not being politically active up to now, so arson is their answer so they can make it seem like someone else's fault they had to go this far, never accepting responsibility for themselves for not engaging in politics beforehand.

Again, you are admitting that there has been no political choice on the matter.

I say, again, that that is precisely the cause of violence.

You trying to personally attach me to the non-existence of political mandate for a decade is just wild and useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Israel isn't a democracy it was founded by racism and greed. The land was granted by that well known thief of anything not bolted down next door.

The land was given to a race without the basic requirements of occupancy needed to snatch it from its owners.

Think that would be your twisted answer as you either misinterpret me, deliberately or not, don't know and frankly don't care.

Same modus operandii as previously, so now I will leave you to argue to your little hearts content... I won't be replying.

Again, you are admitting that there has been no political choice on the matter.

There is always a political choice, lol. What stopped you from being the political choice? Are you ineligible to be a civil servant? Be the change you want to see - not a **** arsonist.

Again, George Orwell springs to mind.

So let me get this straight...

1) an utter absence of political choice leads to violence

2) but it's the fault of Irish people that there hasn't been political choice

3) implying that irish people are so stupid, they are at fault, and not the gee whizz brilliant political parties that have run rampant of their own accord

Is that it?

So no matter what, its irish people at fault for mass migration, if they raised their voice about mass migration they were booed down, now violence breaks out, and its still yet their fault.

Goddamn, what a line of reasoning. Completely removes responsibility from politics and shunts every possible outcome as a practical slur on irish people.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I doubt that plan is going pan out.

We are very much getting the sanitizer version of arson is justified, try hanging out on twitter or telegram where you can be regaled with the full throttle burn out all the immigrants, kill them all version.

That is the right thing to do.

We are seeing changes in government direction on this and other issues. Why? Not because of arson but because ordinary people are speaking to their representatives and that message is getting back to government parties.

Thugs will be written off, and ignored as the hacks and cranks they are.

Ordinary people using regular channels of democracy in numbers affect change.

Post edited by Goldengirl on

• Advertisement

What are you even talking about? Housing statistics?

Are you trying to imply that you've looked at the housing statistics and realised that there isn't enough housing and....that's it?

I hope not!

And again, and again and again, keep trying to attach me to some political movement and the naughty list and call me names and yeah it's great and yadda yadda. Weak, 7 days a week.

Advertisement