Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

This is Israel's legacy - it will forever be remembered by the world and tarnish that nation with the utter shame of the word Genocide.

And they are not finished yet.

I only hope that those Israelis with a conscience (there are many) can rise up and end this horrific campaign. I hope the hostages are returned and that both the Israelis and Palestinians can reach a state where they can both live in peace and security.

Absolutely shocking and heart-breaking.

A poster said many posts ago that the IDF and Hamas are cheeks of the same a*se. So true.

This will be more grist to the mill for the ICJ and the ICC. Israel will be held accountable for what they have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A fine line. ? They host Hamas leaders and allow them to fund raise for terrorist activity. The money for the October 7th attacks came from Qatar as much as anywhere else. And what do you mean by established order, those who decide what the rules based orders are, but are willing to infract them when it suits. Qatar should not be given a pass for funding terrorism because otherwise they are a great bunch of lads. I never thought I would agree with Bibi on anything but what he said about Qatar is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭beeker1

Nko it's not ! Hamas hide behind hospitals etc ! Margaret Hassan from Dalkey who gave her life to the benefit of Iraq's children had her throat cut by the same evil people you make a case for ! I've more in common with David than I ever will with evil Muhammad , 600 years after christ !

• Advertisement

I was referring to Raoul's equivocation about Qatar. There should be no shades of grey in our attitudes towards Qatar: they host Hamas leaders. I don't see how you condemn Iran for supporting terrorism and make excuses for Qatar because they happen to be an ally of the Americans

Do you not read the papers??? Iran are the biggest exporters of terrorism ! Israel should have demolished their atomic capabilities a long time ago ! Iran'smantra is the annihilation of Israel ! As for those jokers who march down our cities main drag every week , Do they not realise that Muhammad advocates the stoning to death of our LGBTQ family members ! Never mind meeting you're mate for a pint !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭volchitsa

There's a lot I dislike about Qatar, so I don't know why you suggest I'm making excuses for them. Their treatment of migrant workers makes me suspect it's a selfish, self-centred society. A lot of Muslims I've met from around the world actively hate the natives of the various oil-rich countries of the Arabian Peninsula because of how they treat other Muslims from poorer countries.

Iranians I've met, on the other hand, have generally been highly educated and cultivated, and always polite, usually delightful people.

(This is obviously personal anecdote only - I'm aware that I've met only those Iranians who left the country, for starters. And while I'm sure some are horrible people, like everywhere, I've truly never met any.)

In geopolitical terms however, the Qatari regime is a lot more moderate than the Iranian regime. How genuine that "moderation" is, I couldn't possibly guess, but I think their desire to continue doing business is relevant. Iran probably feels its bridges are already burned so has nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,723 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Israel and Iran funded Hamas

The US funded Iraq

Russia funds Iran who supplied them with drones etc.

The US and Britain supply arms to Israel

Loads of countries involved with each other. Its not just Iran that can be blamed for destabilising the region. All about money, oil, arms and power.

https://merip.org/1983/02/arms-sales-and-the-militarization-of-the-middle-east/

Iran & moderation are an oxymoron ! Honestly , mad mullahs that will stone you to death if you're lifestyle doesn't comply with their idea of morals ! Seriously , boards posters need a reality check , I've been warned about anti Islam posts when the truth is have they control , gay men & women would be thrown from the roof of the George and stoned to death ! Wear your keffir scarf but realise what it means !

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,360 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

And Walter Guinness from Dublin was assassinated by zionists. Which, while remote, is orders of magnitude more relevant than Iraqis are to Palestinians. Saying "The same" is just ignorant. It is unlikely that any of the toddlers blasted to smithereens by the IDF had a huge influence on things that happened in Iraq.

Even if you want to tar all people of the same religion with the same brush, Iraqis are majority Shia and Palestinians are majority Sunni................

Yes ! They're just like our protestants & catholics in the North ! I'll bet you've never really worked or being close to Sunnis ! I did in America , and while they jumped on their rugs five times a day , what disgusted me was their attitude to their pregnant wives , Abortion until they were sure it was a boy ! I just couldn't understand that , I was an infidel for having a pint & believing in the trinity but aborting girls was acceptable !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

The issue of misogyny was raised. I think many people would be unaware of the significant statistic I cited that affects sex ratios in the world’s most populous country and in expatriate Indian communities cross the world. Hamas are dreadful in many ways but when it comes to misogyny they have a great deal of competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭SeanW

And yet, this is a war between the world's only Jewish state (the closest thing the Middle East has to an enlightened democracy) and the violent fundamentalist whackjobs that want the Jews dead. Even if I don't particularly like Likud, I'm still with Israel over their mortal enemies.

As many faults as the Catholic Church had. , , never did they advocate the murder of a baby because it was a girl ! I'd really wish the "Gaza" crowd did their homework & of course the death of children is horrendous, but it didn't stop hamas animals cutting babies from the womb of Israeli women on those kibbutz !

Is this just a bit of whataboutery, or does it have some link to the strategy of rape carried out by Hamas in October 2023?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,360 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

And you can bang the drum for the zionists all you like. Safe in the knowledge that they put you on the same "level" relative to them as the "chosen people", as they do the Palestinians they like to murder with impunity. They'd happily do the same to you in the morning if it was beneficial to them. Zero qualms about it.

Did you not bother to read my posts ! I've always advocated a two state solution based on pre 67 borders ! POXY hot heads that need to breath & stop flying off the handle !!!

• Advertisement

A "moderate" regime who supports Hamas. There is no getting away from it. I find it strange that you are pro Israel yet excuse Qatar because they are amenable to western interests. If Iran were pro western in their outlook would you excuse them supporting the likes of Hamas. It seems supporting terrorism isn't really the issue, it's whether the regime is pro western in its outlook

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

Interesting news out regarding the UNWRA. Channel 4 News obtained a copy of the confidential document, and in reporting today revealed the document provides "no evidence to support its (Israel's) explosive new claim that UNRWA staff were involved in the terror attacks on Israel".

Also interesting is the fact that lists of the employees etc are sent to Israel as part of the vetting process's.

I really feel due diligence should have been done here rather than the knee jerk reaction of pulling funding without a replacement immediately.

I’m not “supporting” Qatar. I find them repulsive.

And “moderate” as in “not a rogue state”. The bar is low.

My point is simply that Qatar’s contacts on both sides of the conflict may mean they can play a role in stabilising the region - which is in the interests of everyone except those rogue players like Iran and Russia who positively want/need as much war and chaos as possible for their own reasons of internal politics.

Hardly a ringing endorsement of Qatar - and I suppose it’s not impossible that they could be “playing” the US all this time. I don’t know.

Until the investigation by the UN is complete, this is just speculation.

However, if true, it would be clear that Israel reported their UNRWA propaganda to soften the blow of the ICJ findings against it. And ironically, halting aid to Gaza which the ICJ told them not to. Those who halted funding should also be ashamed of themselves knowing the propensity of Israel to lie.

Free speech no longer exists in Israel

They don't want anyone questioning what really happened on the 7th

South Africa yet again showing the world how it should be done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

More horseshit from israel apologists

The Baldat al-Sheikh massacre on December 31, 1947 could easily be taken as the first major escalation ahead of the 1948 issues, we can go back and pick a load of arbitrary dates and says thats when the war started and blame either.

Going to the US office of historians account is obviously an unbiased source. History written by winners and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

And we are a country that can only recently give out about any other country's misogyny

Advertisement